Caring Less

These Exotic Dreamers

 

Your eyes rounded as you heard his name. “Oh. Lee Ki…kiseop? From—” He looked at you and immediately flashed a wide, sweet smile, then stood up and bowed. “Annyeonghasseyo. U-Kiss member, Lee Kiseop-imnida. I’m glad you recognize me.”

You nodded, to be polite but whatever. “Annyeong.”

Yeonhee grinned at you then motioned you to sit down. “Woah, I never believed you were really, really famous oppa.” Kiseop eyed her again before sitting himself back in his chair. “I’m not done with you yet, Lee Yeon Hee.” He warned. Yeonhee only frowned at the approach of his brother towards her.

The idol glimpsed at you who still had a pokerface on, yet you looked beautiful from any angle; you were switching glances at Yeonhee then him. You appeared like a lost puppy that was innocent-looking yet snobby and arrogant in the inside. *She looks really different. I know it.*

“I’ll… order your drinks.” He offered, smiling to you yet not to his sister. “WAE OPPA?? YOU’RE NOT PAYING FOR ME??” She whined yet he only ignored her.

“I’ll just have ice cream. Any flavor.” You shortly looked back at him after confirming that the café had the ice treat she always craves for.

The happy girl leaned towards you. Whispering yet loud enough for her brother to hear: “You sure you want any flavor? His choices are either bizarre or trying too hard to impress!” Yeonhee made a funny, disgusted face in front of you that you had to bite your lower lip from showing a wide smile.

“YAH! DON’T YOU DARE EMBARRASS ME INFRONT OF A PRETTY GIRL!” He boldly reprimanded, whacking Yeonhee’s plump shoulders.

You considered Yeonhee’s advise, you didn’t want it when people get you unlikeable food. “On second thought, I’ll have Mangoes— no, Rocky Road instead.” Kiseop saluted almost cutely. “Right away~”

He stood up and glanced at her adorable sister who pouted. He flicked her forehead with his beautiful fingers playfully. “Arasso. I know what you want, geek.” “Meh. Just like you.” She stuck her tongue out. “What are siblings made of, anyway? All things sweet and nice? No. Books and glasses.” He lightly joked, rolling his eyeballs as he proceeded to the woman on the counter.

*Pretty girl, huh? No one ever said that so bluntly to me. And to add, in front of his family member.* You shortly watched him go on the counter with his beanie on, so at least, maybe at least, he won’t be seen. Yeonhee didn’t want her brother’s popularity get in her way of studies. A lot of unwanted fans may run over her and ask for this and that.

Something you both didn’t like.

You even wondered how the handsome Lee Kiseop got in here without being noticed. U-Kiss had been doing well and the number of their fans was growing, or that’s what you think. You actually knew only three of them, an adorable rapper named DongHo, the one with good vocals, SooHyun, and the one with terrific English, sweet-voiced Kevin.


 

 

You didn’t actually mind about all other groups. You just listen to their music and how good they are with their talents, sometimes, you care to admire their looks too. (and maybe find their names out without bothering) “So… Hyemi-ssi, are you a KissMe?” Yeonhee suddenly asked, with her usual asian-beautiful eyes.

*What is she talking about?* You raised an eyebrow in the slightest confusion. “A KissMe, you know, the—” Yeonhee stared deep onto your orbs, amused. “Y-You’re not a supporter of oppa? Fan?” She again, asked.

“I didn’t say anything.” You boringly responded, looking at the buildings and hallways in view where students come and go.

“Didn’t you say you mention you knew him?” She warily continued asking, and by her looks, it seemed like she has more to ask. *Oh, she isn’t a replica of my Ahjumma, is she?* You glared at her as if she was to be chopped into thousands of pieces. “Wae?” You looked back at the guy ordering, pointing at him with your chin. “Knowing him, does that mean I’m a fan of him?”

She pondered for awhile as if lost with your words, then nodded with a concealed pout. “S-sorry.” She grunted. You sighed at her weak apology, as if that was some indication of her stopping her childish nags. But she opened again. “B-but, Hyemi-ssi! You’re a fan of U-Kiss, right?”

You rolled your eyes in the most agitated way and ignored her while she continues to rant about a fan’s pros and cons, and then she discusses about her brother’s habits. Yeonhee knew you weren’t interested but she was aiming to have you as a friend. She liked you from the first place, you seem to be someone she’d love to have as one of her treasures.

*What’s taking him so long?* You mentally slapped yourself for being with her. You weren’t planning on having friends yet deep inside, hey, it won’t hurt to choose the truest ones.

Kiseop finally went back with a tray of cold treats. He gave Yeonhee her ‘favorite’ which looked to you like a Java Chip Frappucino in Starbucks. She immediately attacked it but when she realized her brother gave her a loathing glare, she ate more lady-like.

Smiling, he gently handed you a bowl of what you had wanted. Bit by bit, you found yourself unconsciously gasping at the beautiful treat. Ice cream never fails to amuse you. It just looked, so beautiful. His eyes wandered at your reactions. *Must love ice cream so much, hnn? Oh and didn't I say that she isn't a much caring, true-to-her-words person?*

“Thanks.” Your hand reached out, handing a bill while he pushed it away tenderly. “My treat.” He winked with a loving expression while you blink at him in surprise. *T-this guy… seriously.* “Oh. Thanks.” You repeated in monotone.

“What did you get?” His sister asked, making sipping sounds. He rolled his brown lined-eyes. “I’ve ordered aaaaaawhile aaaagooooo, waiting for you, misssss.” You chuckled lowly while eating, they were continuing on hushing and being on a usual, everyday sibling fight.

They looked really cute and would’ve been mistaken as a couple, most likely for their nerd looks.

“You pig! Finish your drink properly or I won’t let you borrow the camera!” “HAH! Just because you became famous, you can threaten your biological sister like that? I can buy a camera too!” He scoffed at her. Yeonhee poked with her tongue in the most visible annoyance. “Wait ‘till I tell appa!” She warned, then they start arguing again.

You understood some and softened. *What if…I had a sibling, who is playful and childish, completely different from me…will we fight like them? Conflict ideas on random stuff? Would I report his playful acts to Dad too? To Mom? Hmm, no.* You become settled back with coldness at the thought of the family you almost had.

Poking the fluffy marshmallows playfully and slowly popping them inside your mouth with the ice cream, you looked up and saw them already standing, giggling and commenting at the camera.

Well, no, of course the pictures. Not the camera.

“OMO! O-Oppa! Did you look at all my… other…solo… pictures?”Yeonhee weakly spoke while Kiseop smirked. “You’re not qualified to be an ulzzang, nerd! HAHA! TRY AGAIN! HAHA!” He teased and they went out to fight over some…more family-tease-related topics since nonsense fighting wasn’t admirable inside the peaceful area.

You glanced at the left camera and saw a beautiful pose from Yeonhee.


 

“Most nerds I know aren't that pretty. But…she’s, er, chubby in real life.” You heartlessly commented. Thinking they won’t see you, you rolled your eyes at them as you stood up.

Finished with your ice cream, you asked for bottled water from the same woman in the café and spun around to wait, seeing the six ubiquitous males nearing the café. You stiffened but your eyes enlarged. *Maybe they’re not here for me? But they're together but no. Right, of course. Not for me.*

You gulped when you observed Tao and Xiumin frantically waving at you. *Shiz. Where’s the freaking water?* You went back to the Ahjumma who told you to wait, but you handed the money anyway. Forcing yourself to be polite and patient, you nodded. *Geez, and I thought students work here? IT WOULD’VE BEEN EASIER TO SCOLD AND GLARE A TEENAGER!!*

Then, they entered. You sighed as if not minding.

Tao and Xiumin, Lay, Chen and Luhan, lastly Kris. You pretended not to detect them by the corner of your eyes as you boringly tapped your nails on the counter.

Yet it was becoming sore. They were all eyeing you. Everyone else in the café noted the presence of the popular men in school, observing you with eyes that melt.

“What?” You suddenly uttered, not glancing once at them.

Tao gasped. “How did she feel us?” “Did she go blind?” Xiumin elbowed Lay. “I don’t think so. Let’s check.” The three nuisances started to near you but you faced them with the most hateful yet calm expression on your face.

“Yah, Hye Mi, do you not care of any of us? Do you not see the eoljjangs?” Luhan growled in anger. *Hohwait, I thought he was quiet?* You lifted a bothered eyebrow.

Before you could have a word with any of them, the Ahjumma gently touched your shoulders and gave you the bottled water. “Aigoo~ kids nowadays!” All seven of you looked at her, baffled.

She lightly laughed, “Sometimes you have to care less, in order to see if they'll care more. Based from these fine boys… looks like you’re worth a catch.” She winked at you while the men smiled at the old woman’s wisdom and, uhm, tease.

You repeated her words in your mind unbelievingly. *What caring less? I don't even care-what?* “Good job, daughter.” She patted your shoulder, you watched her wrinkled hand move up and down. You shook your head, denoting that it was nothing. You understood nothing.

“Oooooh. I just realized that.” Xiumin teased with his perfectly shaped eyebrows. Everyone anticipated for your response. Kris smiled in the most genuine manner. *That was way beyond amazing, ahjumma.*

*What on earth is she up to?* Your eyebrows almost connected. “Muh?” You chortled while the ulzzangs sent you bad stares. “Hah! FORGET IT! I’m going to class.” You said in the most insensible, impolite tone.

The Ahjumma nodded like boss. *Must be something big going on.* She thought.

“GREAT! We’re coming with you, Hyemi-ah!” Tao cheered with a triumpahnt fist in the air, trailing behind you who were trying to not be bothered. Xiumin and Lay looked back at the irritated ulzzangs, giggled, did a fist bump then followed you too.

*This is one dark, rocky road school life. Aish, this is only the second day and...and.. ARGH!!! Just focus on classes. Mind them once in awhile. What-no!* You miserably buried your face on your soft hands.

 



 

 

 

EXO-M's Chen is such a cutie! I love his voice, his well-shaped face, his legs and his pale face.
Hoho~ just a random (+UKISS) chapter here. Thank you all for supporting~ #hwaiting!