Finally

These Exotic Dreamers

 

---

 

“Can you predict?” You looked up, to your left and finally to your right. It was a short, nerdy girl, sitting in the far corner, holding fictional and non-fictional novels. You recognized her. She was the one who accidentally bumped onto you.

You rolled your eyes. She stood up and bowed. “Mianhae.” She says lowly and scared. You could see her bow from the corner of her eyes. You did a short nod. She sat back, indulging herself in a specific book. *Nerds and their books, really.*

A few seconds later, you stopped the music from playing. It only ended after the first chorus because students or your classmates were already approaching in.

You looked at the door as your classmates entered in groups of two, three and four. Some alone. There were not a lot of you in the room but there were really popular ones too. You sighed in relief as you saw Kris and his band pass by your room. *Good. We’re not in the same room.*

You smirked as you also saw the Queenkas go up in the next floor, to their rooms. Exo-N also passed by your room, headed by Xiumin. *JUST PERFECT! No queenkas or kingkas in the near ways, but there’s some feelers here.* You couldn’t help but half smirk and grin. Now that looks totally peculiar but you just felt really happy to end the day knowing that they aren’t your classmates.

The teacher finally entered and he gave all of you your afternoon schedules. He says that the opening for this school will be held next week. “Opening?” You muttered while Mr. Kang caught it.

“Yes. Opening. It’s when all the selected students—talented students will perform to show that Seoul Arts High’s classes are starting.” Mr. Kang informed.

You nodded but you still didn’t get it. *Like you’re going to be selected when you didn’t even go through an audition.*

You stopped thinking when the school’s director or president, Mr. Lee Soo Man, entered. You all stood up straight to bow to the image of a respected person. “Annyeonghasseyo!” Everyone knew he wasn’t only a school director but also an entertainment CEO, he is the CEO and president of SM Entertainment. But you didn’t.

The bow had been for four seconds now. You grew tired and you slowly traced yourself up, finding that you had been the first one, your eyes narrowed. *Oh sheesh! I look so disrespectful* Director Lee smiled at you as you awkwardly look at him, you tried to bow more but the students already stand back up. *Great. I thought I’d be breaking my hips.*

“Annyeonghasseyo, everyone. Sit down.” He said as he nods to Mr. Kang once more. He told everyone that the selected kids will be announced tomorrow and so on and so forth.

You didn’t care. Why should you? You were a hundred and one percent sure you aren’t going to be chosen. Looks weren’t on you because you had no plans on showing off with makeup and heavy props.

Nor were talents. You are talented, you knew it. But you just wanted to concentrate on studying and not, not debuting. *After all, popularity is a bad thing. People will cling onto you… depend on you… invade your—ugh!* That was one thing you always fearfully thought.

But they way the president/director looks at you states that you yourself should be made ready. *Aish! IS HE DOING THIS BECAUSE I’M AHJUSSI’S NIECE? ANIYAA! ANDWAE!* You nodded, unsure at him politely as he ended.

The next teacher entered, or the last one. It was a good-looking lady. All teachers and personnel in the school are married, actually. But this one had an undeniably good body. She walked in and introduced herself. *She’s thirty?* That was one thing you only caught with your carefree ears.

“I will be your dance teacher.” She adds willingly. *Oh so that explains her figure.*

She talked more and gave you schedules. You weren’t going in her practice room as a class, you had specific teams with other sections and partners from other rooms. “Why so?” You mumbled in a confused tone.

Then again, the teacher caught what you said. “It’s for you to increase your social skills, so you could adapt with the crowd if ever you debut.” She winked but maturely. *Oh yeah, like I’d get involved.*

 

 

First day finally ended. You gathered all your things and placed them hurriedly in your backpack. People from the other sections and rooms were already moving out, as loud as ever.

“I’m with the same room as Kris oppa and the rest, again! Just like last year~”

“Aish! You’re luck is too much!”

“Me? I’m with Lay oppa and his team~”

“KYAAAAA!!”

Girls were squealing, bickering and gossiping about everything. Yep, everything. From boys to lockers, idols to teachers, even the latest news on Exo-K and SM Ent. You could certainly hear them even though they’re outside the building. They were insanely making you roll your eyes for the umpteenth time.

You stood up and prepared to go but as soon as you heard that Exo-U were coming out, you sulked back in your chair and looked away, hoping they won’t see you.

Kris stops in your door. He looks at a specific backpack in the far, almost unnoticeable place.

“That’s Hye Mi’s bag, right, gege?” Chen whispered, Kris looked away.

Luhan grins. “Right. Why duizhang? Do you plan on—“

“No…” He paused and walked ahead. *…but we’ll see.* He thought, growing curious of you.

 

 

You ran unhurriedly towards the lockers. Yes, you were running but not in a rush. It felt like no one must see you now, so you had no choice but to run before your day becomes longer, again.

You arrived on the spot where the lockers were. You didn’t spot any Exo guy there. You nodded, determined. You neared your locker fast and opened it. You quickly hauled all the lunchboxes down to your backpack and closed it as soon as they were neatly piled in.

You smiled, contented with the day… maybe not. You rejoiced at the thought that this day has come to an end…or not? You saw the senior queenkas heading to the lockers, with number of boys trailing behind. Exo-N was also nearing their lockers, you could hear girls calling out their names in delight.

You grabbed on the straps of your backpack and smoothly went out, as none of them noticed. You leaned in the near walls of the gates where students aren’t around. “Phew~ that was close.”

You shut your eyes closed. You started muttering your feelings as you angled your head a bit on the side, like you started a conversation with the wall.

“They day started boringly. It was good, but when afternoon came, it went wild and really bothersome. I saw those guys that helped me and my clumsiness and miseries. I, uh, I fainted. They followed me through lunchtime. I made six unidentified guys eat Ahjussi’s food because I wanted them out of my sight. I even bought water for them. Then the introductions were—don’t get me started. I even met these fake girls. I can’t stand them even if their names are pretty! Anyways, dear wall and your strong molds: I don’t care, because I won’t and I shouldn’t. SO WHATEVER HAPPENS TO ANY OF THOSE POPULAR GALS AND BASTA—“

You gasped loudly in shock and embarrassment. Kris was in staring at you, his looks were stabbing and further unexplainable. You cleared your throat and pretended to fix your uniform.

“That was… unusual.” He remarked with a smirk. *No, Hye Mi, it’s cute and funny in a way. You should be seeing me almost laughing now. But I won’t.*

You avoided his eyes as you clear your throat self-assuredly. You looked at Kris who almost guffawed at your excuses. He gave you a WHAT-THE-HELL-HYE-MI-BUT-IT-IS-OKAY-BECAUSE-IT-LOOKS-CUTE look. He was smiling in the end. You blushed and coughed in shame. *Ugh! He is thinking now I'm really weiiiiirrrrddd!!*

     

“You talk to objects and structures?” Luhan appeared out of nowhere with a tight-lipped heavenly smile. *I swear, he looks like an angel if not for his devilish customs.*

“We aren’t bastards.” Chen grunted truthfully.

Before you could exclaim your excuses and repeat to them to not be bothered about you and your odd and cold ways. Kris walked past you. “Don’t remind. We’re smarter than you think.” He vanished as he exited the gates.

Luhan cheered inside. *That’s the duizhang I know.* He followed while Chen also didn’t hesitate to ‘follow’ what you said earlier and his ever-cool leader.

Your lips twitched up in a smile, *Good. The day ends normal.* You happily and calmly thought. But you still stiffened. *But there's still Tuesday, and Wednesday and...oh..aish.*

 

--

 

Annyeong!
Leave a comment!

XOXO <3