Café

These Exotic Dreamers

 

You rolled your eyes and shook your head. “Cht. Never mind.” You flatly said. Their faces were perplexing for they couldn’t still ingest your attitude. Your manners and outlooks are like spoiled foods: difficult to swallow and terrible to endure. You were really understandable…not.

You suddenly cleared your throat as all voices died down; even the six pair of eyes was now only settled on their respective meals.

Kris himself knew no one had to talk. No one had to share. Everything will follow its own accord. He had believed the old man from the first place.

You knew you were going to be with them for whatever, alien reason. Three words we’re your say: SO BE IT or either, LET THEM BE.

 


 


 

 

 

Minutes later, a smirk grew from your face in satisfaction. You were done with lunch. The box had been clear yet you forgot water. *Must be because of me hurrying to end Ahjumma’s looong talk. Babo. How can you forget water?*

You really wanted to get the heck out of this canteen. The stares were intense and suffocating to observe, but you managed to put up a straight and glorious-looking face. You let out a loud sigh that just came out of your small mouth.

Tao, Xiumin and Lay’s eyes darted towards you but being busied yourself with packing, arranging and hurrying to move out that you failed to become aware of them looking over you with undetectable frowns.

“What about water, Hyemi-ah?” Tao softly asked. Slowly, the ulzzangs too looked up. They waited for your reply, in the slightest worry in them. Well, maybe not for the heartless looking ones.

Grabbing your bag, you looked at him as if you didn’t hear anything. “Mwo?” But before you could let him repeat his question, you cut him off as you eyed the members of Exo-N. “I have a lot to do. Don’t dare bother me.”

There was no protest evident from their faces. *Good.* “I think I’m clear.” Before you could stand up and move away from the table, the three gorgeous seniors were nearing the table. *Dang.* You pouted noticeably.

Due to your pouting, the boys looked at you in curiosity, then they all looked up at the young women. “Annyeong, oppa~” Tiffany and Sunny cooed. The three sat themselves with ease, there was twenty-two minutes left. *Good. They’re not here for me!* You thought, pleased.

“Uh…” Chen gulped. *Why are they sitting here, duizhang?* He looked at Kris as if they could speak up by looking at each other. Kris only shrugged while Luhan prepared to move out too. He never enjoyed the accompaniment of such girls.

The boys’ frown grew more visible but they immediately looked at you who had already stood up. You turned to go but Jessica called. “Wait.” You halted and chewed on your lower lip annoyingly. You spun around and looked down at her calmly.

 “Oh, it’s you! Hye Mi? Why are you with these striking attractive oppas?~” Jessica exclaimed in one mean tone you could distinguish.

“We…we invited her.” Xiumin defended with a smile. “Why? Problem?” Tao nicely asked.

“Of course everyone minds. Er, so you’re here?” Your eyes widened in the calmest way ever. *Seriously? EVERYONE knows that.*

“No. As you can see, I’m not.” You faked a knowing shrug and went out of the chair. The boys admired your cleverness and your mean, sense of humor. Many dared to do that to the queenkas but never succeeded. They could have worried but with such shrewdness like yours, it is undeniable that you won’t mind pulling their hairs out if they’d dare make a move, hence, you’re strong.

Yet they didn’t know you hated getting into fights, most especially with girls, going to the office for a childish act and so. It always appears on your mind that girls’ fights were terribly immature and not to mention, upsetting.

“WOAH? YAH! YOU—” Sunny snapped. You raised an eyebrow. “Well, technically speaking, I’m not. I’m already out of the table.” With a pretend half-smile, you turned around and your eyes immediately brightened at the sight of the canteen’s exit.

 

“What a cold-hearted, sarcastic brat!”

“Gosh! See that oppa? What an approach for a new student!”

“She’s displeasing! I won’t wonder if she won’t get a boyfriend.”

 

You rolled your eyes. “Heard worse back in the States. Like, if truth be told, worse. Not only from students but from..aah. Whatever.” You mumbled and went out with a craving throat. *I should get ice cream from the nearby cafe.*

There was one problem though: you didn’t actually knew where that was. The school was big. There were two main buildings: one for the freshmen and sophomores, another building for juniors and seniors.  In the center of the twin structures, stands the faculty and staff room that looked like an elegantly-styled home. The lockers near the comfort rooms, canteen, the fields, and other unexplored places you never knew.

But you heard there was a café somewhere. After walking for a few seconds, you grew intolerant. *Dang it. I should refer to someone.* You planned on asking the guards but that meant going to the school gates which was actually, far, far away.

You looked around and hoped you could see someone worth asking, there were a lot of students outside the canteen. You saw a familiar friendly teacher and tried to approach her when someone bumped on you from the back as if she wasn’t looking on where she was going. Good thing none of you stumbled down.

Some gasped and watched at you two. But others didn’t even care. For outcasts, these kinds of events always happen.

Preparing to scold her, you eyed her who also stared back at you with the most nervous and timid eyes. It was that girl who once met with your knees, and that girl on your class. *She’s my classmate. Isn’t she?*

 

 

 

 

She wasn’t rushing because heavy breathing wasn’t on her face. She fervently bowed without indecision. “Jeunggmal mianhae!! Mianhida!!” *BABO! Why do you always bump on everyone!?* She mentally scolded herself for you.

From the way she acts: it seems like she always walks, looking at the ground. You were sure she was an outcast from her glasses and she had neither close associates nor friends. Her hair was wavy today as she let it down. She was in some way, cute.

“Don’t you look at where you’re going?” You reluctantly asked with a bit of eyeball rolling.

She bowed again and as she stood up again, her lips were pressed on a thin line; it was obvious that she was frightened of you. Well, theoretically, you didn’t like that. “It’s okay.” You whispered lowly.

She bowed for the third time, then showed a blinding smile, seeming grateful. *Why? DO I LOOK LIKE I’M SO KIND?* You raised an eyebrow. “What? You’re Yeonhee, right?” You snapped, all of a sudden.

“NDE! I’m Lee Yeonhee! Aa-uh, er, it’s because you’re the only one who forgave me today. I’ve bumped into nearly, er, almost four persons today and they all ticked off me. I’m so stupid.” She uttered softly.

“Cht. Where were you going anyway?” You crossed your arms under your chest, continuing to eye her. “Café. The one here in school. My brother came to visit me. He’s probably angry now for he’s been waiting for long.” She answered, looking down at her red watch.

Your mouth abruptly tugged on a small cornered-smile. “You know where it is?” Her eyes sparkled as she looked at you in admiration and hope. “Nde! Do you plan on going there too?”

You shortly nodded while she happily led you there. It wasn’t far at all. But it sure needed your heels clicking.

 


 


 

 

 

You entered and realized it was a medium-sized one. Like the Kim’s Business branch Nami showed you. It was adorned with simplicity, and there, it felt peaceful. Only shy and calm persons were around. Aside from drinking and enjoying little treats, there were lovely couples in view.

She tenderly poked on your arm. “Can you sit with us?” “Us?” You asked, not remembering about what she said. She eagerly nodded like a child. “My brother… he… he’s there!” She pointed on a table where a young man in nicely done hair from the back, sat.

“It’s fine with me.” You casually agreed, since it would be awkward to be here for the first time without any companion. You might feel drowsy. Her eyes glinted in optimism. *Geez, what’s with her?*

You walked towards that table and faced the male. He was beautiful. You knew it. *But, er, he’s also wearing those kind of glasses?*

 

 

 

 

He didn’t notice you since he was busy dangerously eyeing Yeonhee. He removed his earphones in gloom and brotherly madness. “You little brat! Did you know you’re ten minutes late? You—”

“Aish, oppa! Scold me later! This is Song Hye Mi.” Yeonhee glanced at you with proud eyes. “Hye Mi-ssi, this is my brother, Lee Kiseop.”

 


 


 

 

 


Hello! Thanks for reading!
(and waves to all KissMe's out there.)
Leave a comment~ Me loves you.