Announcements

These Exotic Dreamers

A/N: Any guess of who the OLD MAN is? *winks*

 

***

 

Luhan sneered. “Did you see that duizhang?” *THE HECK! That horse and pig dared snicker?* He spitefully thought, faking a sarcastic laugh low enough only for his companions to hear.

Kris only shook his head in disappointment, not paying interest to Luhan’s matters. “I guess you were right yesterday, Chenchen.” He sighed, putting his hands inside his blazer. *This dream of ours might take time. And we’re almost graduating.*

Their youngest, Jongdae or who we like to call Chen, nodded. Luhan felt the tired and feeble wraths of his comrades. He dejectedly moaned. “I don’t understand why we can’t debut. I mean—”

“Classes begin in two minutes. We should go.” Chen sadly notified.

 


 

Yeonhee was already in her chair when you came in the almost-filled room after you went to the lockers. Yes, with the upbeat . She spotted you entering, waving at you, happily and beamy. You raised an eyebrow at her who sank down in her seat in rejection.

There were like four bright energies around. You could not stand them and how pesky they can get.

Afternoon classes began, the first teacher came in and you had yourself focused on the lessons to keep you from murdering the annoying yet charming pests. You made yourself jot notes down as much as you can obtain, eyeing the board and teacher as if it was the center of attention when it was Exo-N, and then the second came.

And as what you had expected, the nuisances, well, became nuisances. Minute by minute, you were uncontrollably rolling your eyes, clicking your tongue up and down, stab your mouth with your tongue inside and other random habits when you felt irritated.

They were like bugging the hell out of you whenever they can. The more you don’t pay attention, the more they blabber. Except when the teacher told them not to or notices them being irritants. Also, since the K-A-I nerds’ chairs were far from you, they were made to sit there and not on the vacant chairs near you. Thank you very much.

Even when the girls realized that Exo-N wanted to be close with you or interact with you much more than them (since they are friendly), they didn’t mind. They weren’t fazed by you, they had considered as this ‘new one who acts higher and brighter than them’. For as long as their wanted oppas were in sight, they felt lucky and better than section twelve.

Yet everyone didn’t further know what actually brought them in this room, even Lay, Tao and Xiumin themselves: they weren’t sure either. It seemed as if the Panda just felt like saying something, a ridiculous plan to be exact, then they found their feet bringing them to Lee Soo Man’s office, then poof: they knew there was you: annoyed exaggeratedly inside but calmly agitated outside.

Third subject then came, and as well as Mr. Kang.

As soon as he arrived on the table, he handed out what seemed like schedules. He explained everything that was going to happen within this month. You simply listened to his every word to be fully informed. By Saturday, the school will have this purported opening where students with their corresponding parents, other guardians, and media attend.

*Hmm, so starting tomorrow, all those chosen will be exempted from class and doing practices and all until Friday? Heh, that’s tiresome, and requires a lot of sweat.* You tilted your head by the side, uninterested at the thought.

He announced that there was going to be representatives for each year level, but only the higher class students will be the main, the rest that are still included in the ‘chosen list’ will be doing other tasks such as choreography, staff and styling, etc. Everyone started to mumble in unhappiness, they knew who will be chosen and what the ‘others’ will do.

“Listen to the further announcements from the beeper a few seconds from now, neh? It’s the female head, Mrs. Shi, who will speak.” He smiled and sat himself, doing something with other folders he brought. The class nodded in understanding.

A few moments later, before the nuisances try to creep up on your face for the nth time, the beeper sounded. *Thank God.*

“Annyeonghasseyo! Annyeonghasseyo!” It was obviously an old woman’s voice but you hadn’t met the female head yet.  “Ah, all of you probably know who I am already.” She shortly laughs. You frown. *Er, no I don’t.*

She cleared then continues. “So here are the selected, talented and best-looking students that will be screening power on our approaching opening. All ears please!”

Everyone indeed followed. Some were clearly anticipating yet others knew who were chosen so they just simply nodded but not fully interested. In particular: the non-arts students. That includes you, or at least that’s what you had believed.

“Main performers for this school year’s juniors will be Exo-U and Exo-N, of course. They are these juniors from section eleven, and… hmm, section thirteen. Then the preferred females are the following seniors: Lee Soonkyu, Jung Sooyeon, Hwang Miyoung from section sixteen. For the backup dancers and exhibitionists; still from higher class, and student staff, refer to the bulletin board after your classes! Please don’t leave the school without reading it! Have a good day~”

 

      Higher Class’ Building, Upper Level, SENIORS, School Section Sixteen:

The three mentioned American born-Korean queen-like students stood up and smiled smugly in front of their clapping classmates. The leading senior section’s students were also ecstatic with the news. Now, that they were all seniors; there was a big chance of debuting. The queenkas sat back with pissed faces.

“Soonkyu? Grr! Aww, at least we’re the main!” Sunny crossed her arms arrogantly. “Aish! I hate these old people, really! Calling us by Korean names? Uh!” Jessica whined as quietly as she could only for her members to hear. Tiffany rolled her eyes over-dramatically. “Miyoung sounds fine to me.” Sunny and Jessica eyed her. “Uh, okay. I get it Soo sisters. Fine.”

Jessica glared at her one last time before dreamily sighing. “Imagine practicing with them… hehe~ just like before! Remember when they were sophomores and they had to serve us?” They sweetly nodded. “I can’t wait to show the media what we have got! Now that we’re finally seniors. Ah~ I’m sure we’ll do better than the famous female idols… and debut soon!” Sunny flashed a expectant grin.

 

-       Higher Class’ Building, Lower Level, JUNIORS, School Section Eleven:

Kris smiled as he heard the decisions. *I knew it.* He thought happily yet he didn’t even move a muscle. He easily adopted on being a cold yet caring buddy after the breakup the once six best friends, or former brothers.

He bumped his fists with Luhan and Chen who smirked in delight. “I guess we don’t need those anymore.” Luhan proudly declared. He was referring to Exo-N. Chen swiftly examined the statement, and then raised an eyebrow; his hyung’s words seemed ineffective to his brain. “I don’t think so, Luhan hyung.”

Kris looked at him. Luhan did too.  “What do you mean, Chenchen?” Their leader asked, somewhat fascinated by his contrary opinion. But he himself knew he would agree with their maknae too. “Oh, duizhang. Of course you know what I mean.” Chen smiled, then the two went blank. Luhan studied both of his comrade’s expressions. “Why do you two seem to be in deep thought?”

“Just…remember what the old main said, geges.” Chen showed his God-knows-it’s-heaven-made smile. Luhan rolled his angelic eyes. “And what? Face the wrath of that ice princess? C’mon! She can’t lend a hand!” Luhan roared. (Yes, in class.) His classmates looked at him, then the eoljjangs. The teacher once again asked if they had anything to share but they firmly shook their heads.

*I'd like to see the old man again. Where could he be? He'd be of great help, again.* Kris wanted to say but kept it to himself.

“There is no way she will be of help to us! She’s even in the company of the nuisances!” He continued, whispering. Kris didn’t know what to say. Should he voice out that he really believed the old man in the first place? Should he tell them to go let things be? *Yes, the second maybe.* He nodded with his mind. “Go with the flow.” He unconfidently grunted.

 

-       (Back To You) Higher Class’ Building, Lower Level, JUNIORS, School Section Thirteen:

Woohoo! Let’s go section thirteen!

KYAAA! Fighting, oppas!

Exo-N! Exo-N! Exo-N!

“Okay. Okay, stop it now. Don’t get too excited, it might not be pushed through.” Mr. Kang smiled, expressing his amusement. The class howled, more than happy. *Wow, really. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CLASSMATES I KNEW YESTERDAY? Kewl.* Your eyes widened at the sight of your hooting classmates. *Err, too loud.*

“Are we not having a class? Or is this teacher so friendly?” You rolled your eyes away, mumbling to yourself.

Tao got out of the little jubilation everyone was in, obviously except you. He sat in the chair in front of you with his signature cuteness. You shortly met eyes with him, and then continue to look away. Yet he didn’t stop staring at you. He even moved closer.

He pouted, “Why won’t you let me call you—” “Yah. Jugulleh?” You tried to warn him, yet he only grinned. He placed his strong fist right next to his cheek, did a long wink, looking as cute as ever. “Buing~ Buing~” He cooed.

You froze. *No hell way. This is so not affecting me. NONE OF THEM WILL.*

 

 

The last teacher finally came in. She asked for all the names. Boring, I know. Then she advised everyone to behave and stay in their proper seats. “I’m going to prepare for the dances for the opening and arrange you with your partners for next week’s dance classes. Araji?”

*Oh I hope I'll be paired with someone who's not as really good as me.* You hopefully thought.

“Nde, sosaengnim.” “Arrasso!”You curtly smirked when you saw the nuisances innocently staring at you, perceptibly wanting to befriend you more. Or annoy, rather. *Good for you, sillies!* You rolled your eyes once more.