First Day

These Exotic Dreamers


Girl, I can’t explain what I feel
Oh baby my baby, baby, baby, baby... Yeah
~~
I lost my mind neoreul cheoeummannasseulttae
Neo hanappaego modeun-geoseun get in slow motion
Naege mal-haejwo ige sarangiramyeon
Maeil geudaewa sumanheun gamjeongdeureul nanwojugo baewogamyeo
Ssaugo, ulgo, anajugo
Naege malhaejwo ige sarangiramyeon



A phone finally sounded, causing you to slowly open one eye. *Wait, that isn’t my alarm tone!* You slowly tilted your head to your left, finding Nami who is now holding your phone.

You sat up and gently rubbed your eyes. “What the hell are you doing with my phone?”

“You like the song, unnie?” she sits at the edge of your bed and gives you your bathrobe. You grab it immediately and look at her in slight surprise. “What are you? My maid?”

“Nde, ah, ani! I just came to change your alarm tone to What is Love! Ahh~ Baekhyun oppa and D.O. oppa are such awesome singers! I am totally—“ (nde=yes ; ani=no)

“Arasso, arasso. Joahae. Nomu joahae. Gomawo.” You scrambled up and headed towards the bathroom, a little irritated but you can’t deny the fact that what you heard made your morning a little special. *Those angelic voices…* you smiled and turned the shower on.

(arasso= understand/I know/okay ; nomu joahae= I like it very much ; gomawo=thank you)

--

It has been a week and five days since you arrived in Seoul. Today was finally that day: Monday. You brought out your brand new uniform and wore your brown school shoes that added two inches to your stand.

You went down and looked at yourself quickly through the full-length mirror in the dining room. *All set.*

You sat and ate the hearty meal your uncle had prepared with Nami. After an hour, you grabbed your backpack and finally set yourself inside the car. Your uncle had promised to bring you to school today but not every day since he will be working hectically.

After a short ride, you finally arrived. *Ah. This is it. We are here, Song Hye Mi. Remember your motto: mind your own business!* You looked at the school and the number of students entering the entrance then your uncle who nodded for you to go on. “It looks normal. Kamsamnida, ahjussi.” You smiled and kissed his cheek. “Good luck, Hye Mi-ah! Fighting!”

You went out and waved. “Aish. My uncle thinks I’m that kind of a girl, hmm?” You grinned sarcastically. “Well, I guess it won’t hurt to show the real Song Hye Mi if someone would want to?” you smirked and entered the campus, awaiting what surprise it may bring you.

A lot of heads turned as you entered but you didn’t bother greet, smile or pay any attention to anything worthless. You straightened up and walked confidently in. Something new you’re trying to see if it would do your good.

“How can she look heavenly pretty without makeup or any accessory on?” you almost smiled as you heard one kind-looking girl talk about you. Their group obviously had their eyes on you.

“I never saw her in the audition! I’m pretty sure. Who is she?” You bit your lip at what you heard. *Right. Tsk, whatever.* you opened your backpack and got your map out.

You continued walking with your eyes on the map but also in the ground. “Ah! Here, lockers.” You followed the map and walked to the place where yours were located. “Sixty seven…” you kept on chanting as you passed by the others.

“Sixty seven!” One short girl you noticed from the corner of your eyes yelled to her group.

“THAT GIRL SAID SIXTY SEVEN?” another hissed loudly but you didn’t pay attention.

“Dang, she’s lucky! I always wanted sixty seven! I wonder how they choose the girl for that locker.”

*Hnn? So what?* you were confused. “Ah! Here you are.” you muttered to yourself and slid in your combination, getting the books inside that were piled neatly.

You closed it hurriedly to get into your first subject early. You looked around and found more girls whispering and looking envious. *What is it? Is it because I’m pretty again? No, because I’m new or it could be this locker?” You then noticed the lockers came in seven. *Oh, so I’m in the middle between sixty-four and seventy, is that why?*

“Weird.” You blew the top of your hair annoyingly and shut your locker close.

All of a sudden, girls started squealing and jumping up and down. You didn’t dare look at the situation and proceeded.  You noticed that boys were coming near the locker set. *Oh, that’s why?*


 

After walking for a minute, you finally found the room of Teacher Bae. You slowly crept in and found yourself a seat, at the left corner of the back. You always find those places comforting.

You placed your books in your chair and leaned your head on the back of your chair, comfortably closing your eyes.

Girls started making noise and dolling up. *What’s the matter?* You opened your eyes and recognized it was because of guys, hot guys maybe. You ignored it then closed your eyes.

The room then was filled. The teacher came in before anyone could talk to you.

You stood up, bowed and greeted like the others, then sat again. Everyone was in their own worlds. Their own fantasises. *Is it really like this? Don't they ever listen to the teacher?*

The Teacher then asked the new students to introduce themselves. There were two of you. A chubby, nerdy one first stood up and shyly greeted everyone.
 

 

*Uh. I hate introductions.* you prepared to talk and stand up. You had to admit, while walking towards the center, nervous butterflies were occupying your stomach.

You finally arrived. You looked at the entire classroom. The ones that were paying attention looked nerdy and intelligent, while there were groups of boys who were sleeping, others playing Rubik’s cube with their heads away from the front and others talking with other girls, looking irritated. *Hmf. Popularity and their victims!*

“Annyeonghasseyo. Song Hye Mi-imnida.” You lowly greeted that only those who had their eyes on you smiled and nodded. You could even count who were listening. That new nerdy one, four bright students and one queenka-looking girl who poked his friends to look at you. In a bad manner. *Aish.* You glumly trudged back to your seat without even noticing anyone’s face.

You were definitely mad of this atmosphere. You didn’t like it. “It’s probably because it’s the first day and nothing and no one is serious, hmm?” you huffed angrily to yourself. “I’m really starting to dislike it here.” You grabbed your notebook and pen, jotting down the schedules and important rules.

As you were closing your bag, you saw something behind a book, blocking the zipper's way. You got it and found an Exo-K picture. *Aish! NAMI!* You couldn't help but smile at the view of these boys. *I guess you'll be staying in my locker later.*