Directing Staffers

These Exotic Dreamers

“Lee Yeonhee and Song Hyemi. PLEASE PROCEED TO THE DIRECTING STAFF IMMEDIATELY. I repeat, Lee Yeonhee and Song Hyemi of section thirteen from Third Year, report to the directing staff at this very moment. THANK YOU.”

 

*Wait. I’m not even an arts student from what I knew!* You thought as you felt your insides cringe. You closed your book and brought your eyes up as you looked at the whole class in front of you. Most of them looked normally understanding. “Did they not take a look at the notice board yesterday?” One of the female nerds whispered. Her friend nodded.

 

*Why does it seem like me and her...wait, INCLUDED? In that notice board?* You gritted your teeth angrily.

 

All turned to Yeonhee. (Well, because they DON’T want to refer to you…) “W-wae?? W-what did I do? Sosaengnim?” Yeonhee shrieked. Everyone gawked at her words. “Really… I-I didn’t do anything!” She shook her head hysterically.

 

Some of them laughed. “Babo.” “Tsk.” “Gwiyeopda.” (kor: gwiyeopda=cute)

 

Sosaengnim looked at her with an amused yet calm façade. “That means you two will be part of the Directing Staff for the opening. Wow, congrats~” The teacher of the first afternoon subject replied, smiling at the scared student, Yeonhee. Others did explaining too as Yeonhee was quite shocked with the call. “J-jinja? Then… I’m going with… Hyemi-ssi?” She feebly pointed at you with a shaky finger. *THE OPENING WHAT? ME WHAT?*

 

Everyone then turned to you as you normally blinked at them. And they wouldn’t question you with that. By now, they should be already getting used to your mere actions and reactions. “What? Me? I’m not—”

 

“Jiejie! Jiejie!!~” Tao called from the door. He spotted the teacher and bowed at him, waving at his ‘classmates’ too. You covered your face with both your palms in fake agony. No not covered, slapped. “Ughhhh. Do not dare tell me I’m part of those EXTRAS for the stupid show. No. No. No.” You murmured as you shut your eyes close.

 

The class went quiet for a second. You immediately removed your hand as your eyes slowly opened. Tao was still there. *WHAT THE FREAKIN CREEPY PANDA TAO. Ugh!* He was the first ‘thing’ your eyes encountered, then you looked at the class who smiled at you, their eyes rhyming the words ‘go and represent section fourteen’. You glared at Tao before speaking. “Why am I chosen?”

 

“…” The class looked at each other then back at you with no response. How would they know? Kris was coolly waiting outside with his hands on his pockets. *God, Hyemi. WHY DON’T YOU JUST GO OUT AND FOLLOW THE ASSIGNMENT IN SILENCE?* Inside, he was fuming in impatience.

 

Yeonhee looked at you as if she was on the bright side. “Let’s go, Hyemi-ssi! It’s to be anticipated!!~” She clapped her hands in excitement. You rolled your eyes and grabbed your backpack, the same time Yeonhee also did. Tao’s eyes squinted as he smiled at you in happiness. “Yay! Jiejie!” *Fine. Be it. Whatever. Let’s do this. I’m here to learn, anyway.*

 

The class was being happy like idiots and you turned to glare at them. They managed to put on poker faces before you caught them enjoying the drama-like moment. You bowed at the teacher who gave you an encouraging smile with Yeonhee behind you and Tao beside her.

 

Before going out of the classroom, your brain told you to do something weird and stupid to Tao. Before, he was really smiling, but he winced as you almost harshly pulled on his nose with your thumb and index finger, and made his face be on level with yours since his stand was towering. “Do not make me your slave. Got it?” You warned, looking directly into his dangerous eyes.

 

Even though you could have admitted you were almost taken aback by the unexplainable aura in his eyes and noticeable eyebags, you managed to warn him, staring at his piercing and startled eyes. “GOT IT?” You repeated, removing your grip on his nose as he straightened up.

 

Tao nodded like a child: a very, manly-looking, charismatic one. When he was back to his usual height, you looked at Yeonhee whose mouth was forming amazed shapes. “B-but…” You glared at Tao as he tried to speak. “No but’s!” You demanded, you heard your own voice. (Of course.) It was really serious.

 

The teacher cleared his throat loud enough and he sent you, Yeonhee and Tao eyes that amost said: ‘Hello? There is a class ongoing?’. You awkwardly showed a tight-lipped smile and turned to Tao, as if motioning him to move out with Yeonhee. “I can’t promise.” He winked. *Oh boy.*

                          

You spun on your heels and turned to go but stopped right after getting out of the door when you heard a voice. “Hey.” A monotone guy called. Before you could see who it was, he swiftly placed his left hand on your right wrist, making you follow him, like he dragged you impatiently yet tenderly.

 

Shocked, you went with him, your steps doubled and you looked like you were having trouble so he slowed down.

 

“What the—you?!” You huffed as you went with his pace. You also felt the other two trailing behind you. “You know, you should’ve just went out of the classroom after you were called.” He scolded. “Oh. Who are you to scold, mister? It’s not like you were the one that waited, it was that panda, FYI.” You chortled. He stopped and looked down at you, you looked back but yours was weaker. “I waited, FYI. I was there before Tao, FYI.” He shot back and you gulped in understanding.

 

Your quietly flinched as you found yourself stunned with his act, and his words that has amazingly captured his deep and emotionless, secret-y voice. There was something in it: cold, unexplainable, but oddly affectionate.

 

He started walking again, this time faster. You also felt his grip becoming warmer and safer. “I heard the ice cream was heaven.” He heartlessly said, as if he knew everything you were thinking whether he was around or not. *What. The. Hell.* You thought. 

 


 

 

Hey, guys! Just to give you something~
     i know it's short. huhu [classes, hnn. summer's over.
]
Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting! /hugs
     HAPPY 114th INDEPENDENCE DAY, PHILIPPINES! <3