Around You

These Exotic Dreamers

 

“Don’t worry young woman. After we confirm something, we’ll—“

“NO! GET OUT OF THIS CLASS THIS INSTANT, YOU PESTS!” You calmly hissed (and warned with raging eyes) as you intently looked away, as if aiming for the clueless city birds passing by, struggling to avoid their eyes and the whole class’ never-ending curiosity.

The second teacher broke in and you swear you could have condemned everyone in that room most especially the three ones. *WHAT’S WITH THE SECOND DAY? I feel so awful concerning it.*

It was Mr. Park and his black blazer with silver linings. Looks elegant. He sighed and smiled before starting. *Come on, I’m all ears! I WANT AN EXPLANATIONS OF THIS SOSAENGNIM!* You impatiently thought. “Educators and at the same time, advisers of sections twelve and thirteen have received an unexpected note.”

You rolled your eyes. *TOO MUCH WORDS! PPALI!* “Everyone is aware of Exo-N being here, ndeh?” He asked with his usual, teaching tone.

“NEH!” All fans (with love squeals) and their not-yet-that-famous-soon-to-be-idols cheered. *ARGH! Just say it directly, jebalyooo~*

“Well luck clearly better this year, girls…” SQUEAL. CLAP. ALMOST SWOON. SQUEAL. It was like a new cycle. Lay, Xiumin and Tao secretly high-fived each other. “…for a very mysterious and unspecified reason, they felt like being in section thirteen.” He continued. It felt like there was a celebration inside.

“A LOUD ONE.” You commented with a poker face. But inside your mind, you were stabbing the three’s backs with endless stock of knives, daggers, arrows and other materials with sharp, rugged edges.

“…and that mysterious, unspecified reason is because of the ulzzangs!!~” Tao whispered with optimism. “Meh, I’d rather say it’s for Hye Mi.” Lay softly spoke back. Xiumin nodded. “I HOPE THERE’S A LITTLE CELEBRATION.”

The other two gave him a baffled look. “What hyung?” “What do you mean, gege?” Xiumin melodramatically cupped his cheeks and the fat stored in it with a daydreaming sigh. “By celebration, I mean food, you smart jacks.”

Lay rolled his eyes with sarcasm, facing Tao. “…says the smartest bun.” Their maknae cutely chortled. “Just because he’s the eldest, he thinks he—“  “ENOUGH.” Xiumin slung an arm around Tao and Lay’s necks to separate them from their sneaky conversations.

“OMO! WHY IS EXO-N IN SECTION THIRTEEN?” Some gossips and unminding-of-their-own-business-and-classes stopped by to listen. “What’s happening?” “EXCHANGING?” “WAE? No, oppa~~”

“Kwon Kibum, Ahn Aebin, Im Inseul.” He announced, and then showed an encouraging nod to the three geeks.

 “Aigoo~ our every-hardworking glasses men!” A girl laughingly joked. Everyone else cackled and approved of them. They’re not into popularity, money, gorgeous girls and fine-looking boys, anyway. *What’s with the nerds?*

They clapped dramatically. “K-A-I! K-A-I! K-A-I!” They peacefully rooted. *What happened to my bizarre, uncaring classmates?*

“Congratulations! KAI team,  (A/N: Shout out to dancing machine Jongin and his forever awesome 12 teasers. You understand the KAI acronym right? Wow. Intelligent! *clap*) Sajangnim passed you to be on section twelve! Let’s all give them a hand!” Each positive person in that room clapped accordingly. You didn’t.

“WHAT’S THIS ENTIRE EXCHANGE THING GOING ON? MAN! WHY ARE KOREAN SYSTEMS MIND-BOGGLING!?” You angrily whispered. Xiumin heard that. “Just listen, pretty one.” You did your best not to give him a look. *Whatever, plump.*

The three hopefully bowed to thank the teacher, their classmates, then at Exo-N and imaginarily, Mr. Lee Soo Man. “Gamsamnida! THIS IS SUCH A GREAT OPPURTUNITY! WE WON’T WASTE IT AND STUDY HARD!”

With that, the two males and a female joyfully went dashing off to their new room and better accompanies. *Section twelve finally!* They merrily thought, hand in hand.

*There goes the compassionate, intelligent and kind ...* You whimpered inwardly.

 



 

 

Why? Because Seoul Arts High School isn’t all made up of students who aim for fame and finding their destinies. There are students who root for debuting and becoming idols, they are the ones that went through auditions and have special classes. Then there are those who only go for studying, like you, who didn’t get in by talents or looks, but by grades. Nonetheless, you’ll pass that all anyway. And include 2nd family background for instant success over Lee Soo Man's heart. That’s what is simply astounding in this school. You only learned that from Nami last night, by the way.



 

 

The teacher grinned at the well-known gentlemen. “I see that the exchange students are keyed up to be here!”  Girls almost lost consciousness of exaggerating this and that. “Eotteokae! WE NOW HAVE EXO-N WITH US!! KYAA~”  “That means the girls in section thirteen are better than twelve!”

Guys didn’t cheer but were pleased too. “Why? DO THEY DESIRE SECTION THIRTEEN THAN SECTION TWELVE?” “Now that’s just cool.” They granted.

*What’s the entire occurrence about?* You didn’t notice you had dug a little hole on the chair as you furiously pressed your pen in aggravation. “THIS… CAN’T… BE…”

Tao looked at you fiercely, like attempting to melt you or something. Girls squeaked in delight. “OMO~ OPPA IS HOT!!!!!!!” Yes, even with Mr. Park in eyesight. He clicked his tongue at the teenagers. *Aigoo~ kids nowadays.*

*He’s hot, I know. SHOW A STRAIGHT FACE, HYE MI. Think of Appa and Umma quarelling! OKAY… Now, face him.* You coolly raised an eyebrow at him, but harshly removed the poor pen from the chair and spoke. “What the heck?”

Tao backed unconsciously. *Wow. It’s like she’s immune to us or doesn’t even see us.*

Lay was usual: clueless but flowing with positive aura. He gazed at you. “Ah~ the reason why we came.” Your eyes expanded wide open. “R-reason? M-me?” You hoarsely asked.

Xiumin casually patted your shoulder. “You know, Hye Mi—“

“WHAT? YOU THINK I’LL ENJOY BEING IN PROVOCATION? Huh, Xiumin?” You detached his hand, agitated as ever. “WHY ARE YOU HERE? DO YOU WANT TO DIE? JUGULLEH?” You simultaneously warned lowly.

Instead of being taken aback, he broke into his usual happy smile. *HE CALLED ME BY NAME! I, JOKINGLY NAMED AS LIL FATTIE HAS BEEN CALLED XIUMIN FOR THE FIRST TIME BY EVIL DOLL!* “Yes! YES YOU WILL LURVVEE BEING AROUND US!”

 

 

Morning classes now came to an end…for this day. Lunch was approaching while a lot remained to ogle at the handsome, gangster-looking three and you can’t help but break into a grin. *OUT OF THIS ROOM FINALLY! AND NOT AROUND ANY OF THEM!* Grabbing your bag, you stood up.

Lay elbowed Tao and Xiumin. “We won’t follow her?” “No. Ulzzangs will.” Xiumin and Tao winked, then hi-fived between Lay.

You smirked as you glanced at them by the corner of their eyes busy chatting with other males and some females. *They’re so, uh, friendly. BUT GO ON! GO ON! IT’S MY TIME TO ESCAPE…* You finally neared the door and went pass it. “YES.” You proudly sighed.

Before you could further proceed to the canteen, the three’s presence was felt by your dangerous backside. You listened to your heels click, and the other guys’ too. Letting out a heavy, calming sigh, you turned around. “YOU KNOW—“

No heck way. It was them. THE OTHER ‘THEM’. Kris was in the focal point of the well-known eoljjangs, standing tall and swollen with pride but looking absent. “How come the nuisances are in your class, Hye Mi?” Chen sweetly asked. Your eyes rounded. *WHY ARE THEY inquiring ME?* Luhan and all angelic features of him gave you a tight-lipped question. “Are they up to something?”

“I-I... don’t know... and sure as hell, I don’t care!”

Kris hardheartedly met eyes with you. “I’m telling you just this once. You should. Everything now in relation to us revolves around you. Do you, or do you not realize?” Luhan’s eyes increased twice. “D-duizhang…she? Y-you don’t mean…” Chen shook his head and tapped Luhan’s broad forehead covered by enormous brown bangs. “Hyung, don’t be inattentive. For sure she is. Can’t you sense it?”

*S-she? WHAT? M-me? AROUND ME?* You couldn’t believe what he was uttering. What they were saying, reacting to Kris’ words. It was like some kind of wrath or something. It sounded so demanding, severe and quizzical. For once, they seemed like they were shouting out that you are this kind of solution to some crisis.

“MWOH?!”

 



 

 

 

Thank you one and all for reading! <3
EXO loves you. Me, does too. ^^,