Yuri's Attempt to Save the Future...

If I Could Change Time...

Yuri continued to hide in the corner, behind trees planted in the courtyard of Yoona's house. 

Yuri saw herself exiting the house hugging Yoona and giving her a kiss on the lips before walking away. Yuri was sure to remain unseen, after all she was reminded again and again. Yuri was overwhelmed. She was happy to see Yoona kicking and alive. After she was sure that 'Yuri-of-the-past' had left, she climbed up the ladder by the side of Yoona's house onto the balcony of Yoona's bedroom on the 2nd floor. She peeked into Yoona's room from the glass window, where only half her face would be visible. She saw Yoona writing her diary earnestly.

"She must be writing about our outing today again." Yuri started to tear up as she was reminded that today was the day she brought Yoona out to the beach. The day Yuri promised Yoona that she would marry her once she turned 21.

---Flashback---

"Hey Yuri, why did you bring me out for?" Yuri dragged Yoona, walking along the beach.

Their feet could feel so soft sand and the chilly waters. The tides rolled in calmly making the atmosphere rather romantic. The sun was also setting to put up a spectacular scenery that made both parties blush and just silently enjoy the walk along the beach. They quietly enjoyed locking their hands together, having each other this close, and their hearts were in fact fluttering. 

Yuri then broke the silence.

"Hey Yoona, there is nothing that I wouldn't do for you." 

"I already know that!" Yoona smiled, assuring Yuri their love was real.

"I want to be together with you forever, Yoona. So let's make a deal."

"Hmm..?" 

"Marry me.. not now because I don't think I'm good enough for you yet. So give me some time, when I am sure I can protect you I want you to marry me."

"Eh? That's so sudden! Haha, but I don't think I can wait that long." Yoona decided to tease the blushing Yuri

Yuri remained silent, she was at a loss for words and her heart sank. 

"Yuri ah! you babo! 21, 21 shall be the deadline. When both you and I are 21 then no one can stop our relationship, besides 21 seems like a good age to turn into a real man, don't you think?" 

Yoona hugged onto Yuri tightly, where Yuri responded the same way. 

"Yes, Yoona. I promise to never let you get hurt.. I promise" Yuri's tears of happiness flowed out while she continued to hug onto Yoona tightly. Both of them enjoying each other's embrace and the comfort in knowing there have each other for life. 

---End of flashback---

Yuri wiped off the tears on her face. She had to do something now, for she knew her time was limited. She looked down at her watch, 40 minutes to go. 

"I promised Yoona that I'd never let her get hurt, Yuri you better keep your promise." Yuri was determined to make sure that the accident would never happen even if it meant that both of them might not be together.

Yuri knocked on the window. Yoona turned her head around and was shocked to find Yuri on her balcony. She quickly opened the window to let Yuri enter.

"Yuri ah, did you forget something? Why didn't you use the front door?" Yuri just held tightly onto Yoona for a few seconds then held her by her arms.

"Yoona, thanks for the time we spent together, I love you"  Yuri kissed Yoona deeply and exited the house in a hurry.

Yuri flagged a cab and looked down at her watch, 30 more minutes. There was not much time left.

---20 minutes passed---

A mysterious person full of anxiety knocked on the front door of Yuri's house. The person was wearing black hoodie, while covering with a mask. 

Yuri-of-the-past opened the door to see who was knocking on the door.

"Who's th.." before she could finish her sentence, she felt a throbbing pain in her stomach. 

She looked down to find that she has been stabbed by the mysterious person. She could see blood coming out of her stomach and she felt that air supply became faint. The mysterious person assisted her into the house. Yuri's parents were out that evening so no one was at home. Yuri was placed onto the sofa and the mysterious person unveiled herself.

"Yo..you are.. me?"  Yuri-of-the-past was unable to comprehend the current situation. Had she been stabbed by herself? Was she hallucinating? Was this a dream? She was flooded with questions as such.

"I'm really sorry I had to do this, but this is all for Yoona. You'd understand right?" Yuri who had unveiled herself said

She hugged onto the bleeding her and continued to explain herself.

"Yoona will die within the year and it will be all my fault, our fault. So please forgive me, because Yoona wouldn't have to die if I was dead. I wish you could understand what I was trying to say but it is far too complicated to explain."

Yuri-of-the-past just smiled.

"This means Yoona wouldn't have to die right? I'm glad. It's so weird to be meeting myself, but seeing the tears in your eyes I know you have no choice. If I was you which I am, I believe that I'd do the same. So thank you, thank you for making me see that I loved Yoona in the future as much as I did now." Yuri-of-the-past shut her eyes, her breathing became slow.

Before Yuri could even witness her own death the gold glitter appeared out of the pocket watch again, time was up. It was time to go back to the present. But she wondered where she would actually be knowing that she had already died in the past, meaning she must have been dead in the present too. She closed her eyes and let the gold glitter fill her. Sad that she has to leave the world so early and that she couldn't be with Yoona more but glad that she managed to help save Yoona...