Epilogue (Part 1)

If I Could Change Time...

Yuri opened her eyes  to the familiar garden. She looked over at where the wedding was but it was no longer there. 

"So it was the same park." Yuri thought to herself as she noticed that it was the same garden she had departed from.

She spotted the familiar bench and was reminded of how her entire journey began. Then came walking was the same familiar figure shrouded in mystery. Her appearance had no longer shook Yuri. Yuri just stood near the bench smiling, while waiting for Sooyoung to walk to the bench.

"So how did you enjoy your little adventure?" Sooyoung said, smiling.

"Just as crazy as you warned me." Yuri replied before pointing to the bench for both of them to take their seats.

"Was it hard saying goodbye?" Sooyoung looked hard into Yuri's eyes.

"It was painful but I needed to get back to where I belong, don't I?" Yuri responded with a tinge of sadness in her eyes.

Sooyoung feeling sad for Yuri reached her hand out to comfort Yuri.

"But if God took me away from her, He'll definitely give a Yuri back to her. And as for me, I already have Yoona, don't I?" Yuri finished her sentence, smiling.

Sooyoung retracted the hand that was about to comfort Yuri.

-----------

The reception ended in style as the guests slowly left one by one. Taeyeon and Tiffany sent the guests off and thanked each and everyone one of them for their presence.

Yoona walked over to the place Yuri had just gone from. She touched the tree as if trying to find a trace of Yuri. Then she went around the tree, imagining that Yuri was still there.

As she walked around the tree she kicked a small wooden box and on it was Yoona's name carved onto the box.

"She carved this for me?" Yoona thought to herself.

She opened the wooden box to find a small piece of paper.

"Hi Yoona, if you're reading this I'm probably gone by now. I really had one heck of an adventure, and I'm really glad you were by my side all that while. I'm not just saying this for the comfort for both of us but don't you think our love transcended time? I traveled to this time worried that you'll not recognize me. But you loved me all the same in this time. Love is a powerful thing eh? I love Yoona, and I love you. I hope you'll never forget that. Anyways I placed a necklace inside the wooden box too. God took me away from you but he will definitely give a 'Yuri' back to you. Saranghae, Yuri." Yoona read the letter left behind by Yuri, feeling bittersweet. 

Yoona stayed under the tree, wiping off the little tears she shed.

"Hey what's your name?" a voice came from behind her.

Yoona looked up and saw a raven haired girl, smiling towards her. The girl's resemblance to Yuri was unbelievable.

"Wh..what's your name?" Yoona echoed the question after bouncing back from the shock of seeing someone so similar to Yuri.

"Yoonri." the girl beamed. The warmth, the speech, the gestures and the smile was all so similar to Yuri's.

"My name's Yoona." she extended her hand for Yoonri to shake it.

"Why are you alone under such a big tree?" Yoonri asked while shaking Yoona's hand.

"I was trying to find something I had lost." Yoona said softly without much thought.

"Oh, did you find it?" Yoonri asked, curious.

"I might have." Yoona said as she looked at Yoonri's face.

"That's great! Would you like to take a walk with me?" Yoonri asked Yoona.

"I'd love to." Yoona smiled in response to Yoonri's question.

The two strolled the around the park as they chatted as if they had known each other for a long time. Yoona looked into the wooden box and saw the necklace with a heart shape. 

"Thanks Yuri..."

---------

"Looks like things are going to be fine for both Yoona." Sooyoung said as she heaved a sigh of relief.

"Enough about me. It looks like your tale is not as plain as it seems." Yuri teased Sooyoung.

"I am but an old lady with a tale of her own." Sooyoung said in response to Yuri's teasing. 

--------

"Life has been hard on you Jessica. I will go find you soon." Sooyoung thought to herself as she recalled the things she talked to Tiffany about. 

Tiffany had told Sooyoung that she had been living alone for quite some time now. But Jessica had raised Tiffany till she was 16. Jessica decided that Tiffany should come back to Korea, her hometown. 

"But Jessica umma was too sick to come back with me. She's living in the countryside of California with General Jung who took care of both of us when we first reached USA. That was what umma told me." Tiffany's words ringed in Sooyoung's mind.

Sooyoung opened a small chest box. Inside the chest box filled her memories with Jessica. The little letters they sent each other. The grass ring Jessica folded for her as a gift and all the little items that reminded Sooyoung of her time with Jessica.

"Umma! Let's go get dinner!" Seohyun shouted from outside the room.

"I'll be right there!" Sooyoung responded.

Sooyoung closed the chest box and smiled. She thought of how blessed she was now, having both her daughters with her.

"I'm a happily married woman now." Sooyoung thought to herself, holding back the thought of getting back with Jessica.

"Umma! You're treating us to good food since you're so slow!" Tiffany shouted as they waited impatiently for her mother.

Sooyoung walked out of the room glaring at her two daughters. Both of the girls gulped as they awaited the fury of their mother. Sooyoung then laughed at the fearful faces of her daughters.

"Call Taeyeon along, we're going to Baby Steps restaurant." Sooyoung still smiling at how funny her daughters were.

"Baby steps?" Seohyun asked in shock.

"Baby steps!!" Tiffany exclaimed in joy as she immediately took out her phone to call Taeyeon.

------------------

Tadaaa! The ending up being so long that I had to split it into two parts. Hopefully I can get the second part up soon and yes this really is the end. But fret not! I already am determined to get a sequel done once I feel like I have sufficient time and ideas. :)

In any case I just started a new fic consiting of short SNSD stories, mostly oneshots. So I hope you can support me here too. :)

 

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!