Tiffany's words...

If I Could Change Time...

"Hehe..someone is finally being honest." Yuri released her hold on Tiffany and smirked at her. Tiffany simply looked down in embarrassment. Both of them sat in awkward silence as Tiffany continued to blush in and stared down at the floor. 

Just then, the door swung open and the door bells rung. Tiffany gaped at the beautiful lady who walked in. It was Taeyeon, but she was alone. She looked even more graceful and a lot less intimidating without her bodyguards. Tiffany felt her heart beating fast as she continued to stare at the former. 

"Sorry is the owner in? I'd like to get a haircut." Taeyeon woke Tiffany up from her little daydream. 

"Erm.. I.. I am" Tiffany raised her hand in an awkward position and Yuri chuckled at the awkward scene. 

"Erm, please take good care of my hair." Taeyeon responded to the awkwardness. Yuri laughed as she continued to watch the two become awkward.  Tiffany prepared her hair styling tools and got ready to help Taeyeon cut her hair. 

"So what would you like me to do for you ma'am?" Tiffany asked

"I want a new hair..for my new life" Taeyeon's voice was barely audible. 

"Sorry?" Tiffany asked as she didn't catch what Taeyeon just said. 

"Erm. I'll leave it up to you" Taeyeon then smiled at Tiffany. Tiffany's heart fluttered again. 

Tiffany suggested dyeing Taeyeon's hair to that of light brown and cutting it shorter. Taeyeon agreed.  Tiffany took great and delicate care of Taeyeon's hair as she did everything with caution and precision. Taeyeon was reading her own magazine and Tiffany continued to cut her hair in silence.

Yuri who was looking from the side couldn't stand the silence so she decided to break the silence. 

"Hey, Taeyeon right? I'm Yuri. I'm sorry for being unreasonable the other day." Taeyeon looked into the mirror and behind her as she saw Yuri. She remembered Yuri from the incident just the day before. 

"Yep, I remember you. I'm sorry for what happened too" Taeyeon was never one to feel sorry for someone who got hurt because of her bodyguards. It was almost a commodity to her. But today she felt different and definitely more emotional than usual. 

"Well at least I'm not terrible hurt." Yuri smiled. 

"So what was it you wanted to ask me the other day?" Taeyeon became curious. 

"Oh haha, it's nothing. I wanted to introduce my cute friend, Tiffany who is cutting your hair right now, to you." Taeyeon looked at Tiffany through the mirror. When both of their eyes met, they looked away and blushed. 

Yuri enjoyed herself in her seat as she watched the development. Yuri continued to ask some more random questions and soon the three were chatting comfortably with one another. Good times had always passed extremely quickly, and before the trio knew it, Taeyeon's hair was already done. Her light brown and shoulder length hair suited her extremely well. It took away Taeyeon's sophisticated and stern image and instead she looked extremely cute. 

"All done.." Tiffany said regrettably realizing that it was already time for Taeyeon to leave. 

"Wow, thanks so much. I really like it." Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany. 

"Since you like it, then you'd probably be coming back again right?" Yuri asked. 

"Haha, you never know that I might." Taeyeon smiled at Yuri but not answering the question. 

Taeyeon then turned to Tiffany and handed her a sum of money for the haircut. Tiffany, immediately pushed it back to Taeyeon and shook her head from side to side indicating that she did not want the money. 

"Why?" Taeyeon plainly asked, as she stood in shock.

"Well, I just felt that this was more than a haircut. This is not just about a haircut right, Taeyeon? Besides it's always nice to do something for a friend. And considering how we talked to each other just now, I'd say you're a friend." Tiffany beamed, but Taeyeon started to tear up. 

Taeyeon was never treated with such kindness by anyone, even as she grew up she lived in an environment where competition was important and coming up on top was the priority. She had never learned of friendship, and never learned of love. For once she felt a warmth in her heart, she forgot the competition the market always demanded from her as she did her business and the bulk of demands from her very own parents since a young age. She enjoyed this moment of peace and kindness.

In actual fact, Taeyeon was getting very sick of her life. Even more so recently, as her parents had arranged a marriage for her just because it would be beneficial for both their families' companies. Taeyeon wanted to run away from all this. She wanted to cut her hair that had never been cut since she was born as a signal for her to change her own life. Unknowingly she wandered into Tiffany's salon, and met an angel. She met people who were sincerely nice and had no intention of backstabbing and sorts. 

Tiffany was appalled to see Taeyeon crying but she just went up to her and hugged her tight, putting her hands on the back she moved it up and down as if comforting a child. She let Taeyeon cry onto her shirt and made soft sounds of hush hush, comforting Taeyeon that everything will be all right.

"You know, if there is anything you need you can just look for me or Yuri. I promise to always be there for you and protect you." Tifany whispered into Taeyeon's ear. Yuri just stood by watching as she saw that Tiffany had controlled the situation well.

After several minutes Taeyeon released herself from Tiffany while Yuri passed Taeyeon tissues to wipe the leftover tears.

"I'm so sorry for that embarrassing scene, it's just that I've been having such a hard time."

"I understand." Tiffany said empathetically. 

Tiffany and Yuri walked Taeyeon to the front door and saw her walk a distance towards the direction of the car. Tiffany who was supposedly beside Yuri suddenly disappeared. As Yuri looked up front, she found Tiffany chasing after Taeyeon.

When she finally caught up with Taeyeon and caught her breath, she looked at Taeyeon in the eyes.

"I think.. I think I like you, I like you a lot, so no matter what I promise that I will always protect you." Taeyeon's eyes were wide opened as she was taken aback by Tiffany's sudden confession. Tiffany then placed a pendant onto that she always kept on herself  Taeyeon's palm and continued.

"I've always worn this pendant, so think of that as a part of me. I hope that you will always remember that have a friend who will be there for you, and that's me..."