The Passing of Im Yoona...

If I Could Change Time...

Beads of sweat trickled down Yuri's face and her heart pounded so hard she found it hard to breathe. She looked at the world upside down while being in an uncomfortable position in her overturned car. But none of these details bothered Yuri as she was worried about Yoona more than anything. She saw Yoona laying unconcious in her seat and blood trickled down her forehead. Yuri desperately called out for help, for she knew the longer she stayed inside the car the more desperate the situation would become as petrol was leaking from the car. "God dammit, why is no one coming! Help!" Yuri screamed at the top of her lungs while she unbuckled herself from her seat and was earnestly kicking at the window hoping to break the glass.

The civil defense members arrived moments later to find Yuri still trying to break the glass. They saw Yuri's tears but what they couldn't see was her will to protect Yoona more than anything, more than herself. The civil defense members responded quickly and plied out the doors and bring both the girls to the hospital.

---At the hospital---

Yuri, despite her bleeding, willed herself to stay awake to make sure that Yoona was safe. While Yoona was being pushed to the emergency room in a stretcher, she woke up. "Yuri ah, why are you crying? Don't cry, I'm all right" said Yoona, whose voice was weak and barely audible. Yuri couldn't control her tears and held on tightly to Yoona's hand terrified that something would happen to her. Yuri was then left outside of the emergency room seperated from Yoona by the swinging door. She didn't want to let Yoona's hand go, she wanted to stay with her.

Moments later, Yuri felt her legs become weak and her surroundings dimmed. She woke up in a hospital bed, well bandaged. She felt a lot better despite still feeling pain from the various healing wounds all over her body. She immediately got up and looked for Yoona. After finding out the room number from the service desk, she went into Yoona's ward. She stood there, as pale as a ghost, as she found Yoona laying unconcious on her bed. Yoona looked extremely frail and her injuries looked even more severe than Yuri's.

Yoona layed there motionless with an oxygen mask over . "Are you Im Yoona's family member?" asked the doctor who came into the ward to check on Yoona's condition. "I..I'm.. h..he..her girl..girlfriend" Yuri was still in a state of shock and absent mindedly replied the doctor. "Well, I apologize to bring this bad news upon you, she doesn't have much time left. Her internal organs were damaged and the fact that she's living right now is already a miracle. We're afraid she won't hold out for long" "Wh..What do you mean?! You are a doctor, you are supposed to save lives! Why can't you help her?! There must be something you can do!!" Yuri lost control over her emotions and pulled at the doctor's collar demanding the doctor to help save the most important person of her life. "I understand your pain and I empatize your pain but we can only hope she leaves without pain." The doctor patted Yuri on the back who was crying profusely.

---2 days later---

Yuri continued to sit beside Yoona, who as always laid motionless on her bed. Yuri talked to Yoona everyday hoping that she would hear her voice. Every night she prayed to God, asking him to help save Yoona. "Why did it have to be her? Choose me instead" Yuri constantly reprimanded herself for the state Yoona is in. "Yu..Ri..?" Yoona's eyes opened, but her voice sounded extremely weak. Yuri looked at Yoona with a blank face unable to believe that Yoona has woken up. Yuri immediately stood up from her seat to call the doctor but was stopped by Yoona's hand instead.

"Listen to me, I know I don't have much time left so I need to tell you some things before I leave"

"Don't, don't say that. You're awake, you're okay!"

"I know my body the best, Yuri please listen"

Yuri couldn't stand interupting Yoona any further as every sentence she spoke felt like it was going to be her last. So Yuri stood down and held onto Yoona's hand allowing Yoona to finish what she wanted to say.

"Yuri, I want you to know that you really are the best. My life would never be complete without you. Thanks for making my life a dream come true, you made everything feel complete. Thanks for the little quarrels, the flowers, the dates and everything. Please be happy even after I leave. I'm really glad to be the other half of your world. But life has to go on, so please.. please be happy. I love you"

Yoona completed her sentence and gave her sweetest smile to Yuri before she let her eyelids fall effortlessly, shutting her eyes forever. Yuri who was already crying at this point in time held onto Yoona's head and whailed. Time had stopped for her and she knew her life would never be the same...