The Time Machine...

If I Could Change Time...

"..this thing can allow you to travel back to time and change the past, but that also means that the present will be altered so you must use it with caution." Sooyoung emphasized on the consequence of this wonderful yet dangerous object. 

"Does that mean this is a time machine?" Yuri asked, her eyes still filled with disbelief.

"Of course, have you been listening? Aish. Well, I had my turn with this time machine and it is about time that I passed it on to someone else, someone who needs it more than me. Listen carefully, this time machine will help change your life for the better if used well, however there are certain 'rules' about the time machine that I must tell you.." Sooyoung elaborated on how the time machine works and by the time she was done it was already late evening.

"So, this is the first time I'm seeing you and it might be the last but I felt like we were close, maybe not in this time but an alternate time" Sooyoung got up from the bench, smiled at Yuri and strolled away into the distance and then she was gone.

Yuri walked back home still trying to absorb whatever has happened. More importantly, the rules of the time machine ringed in her head since Sooyoung had placed so much caution and attention to explain it to her.

RULES OF TIME MACHINE

1.The time machine only goes back to the year you wish to travel back to by turning the crown (the pin to set your time) to the number of years before. Therefore, you can only travel a maximum of 12 years back in time and exact date and time will be unknown

2.Never EVER show yourself to yourself ; if possible avoid as much contact with people as possible because interaction causes great change in the future

3.Time machine only works after 2 weeks since last use

4.Every use of the time machine only limits the user to one hour duration in the past before being brought back to present time again

5.Time machine is only usable by people between the age 18-21

6.When you have aged above the age limit, pass it on to someone else; initial on the pocket watch will change upon transfer of object onto the next owner

How the pocket even came into existence remained a mystery, but there was no harm in Yuri travelling back in time. She had nothing more to lose and travelling back in time would give her the oppurtunity to meet Yoona once more. Yuri couldn't be more glad, as she haboured the hope of seeing Yoona again. Soon, Yuri started smiling again. She prayed really hard hoping this was not a joke and thanked God that He heard her prayers and thank Him for giving her another chance at love, and at life.

Yuri returned home to find her mum preparing dinner. 

"Mum I'm going to bed straight, it has been a long day" Yuri rushed up the stairs into her bedroom and locked the door.

Yuri looked at the pocket watch and opened the cover to find that the watch had only one hand. She unlocked the crown and started turning it causing the hand to turn anti-clockwise. 11,10,9..4,3,2...1. Yuri stopped, Yoona died within the past year so if there was anything to be done about the past it had to be within 1 year back. Yuri click the crown in, her heart full of anticipation, she will finally be able to see Yoona again.

Gold glitter evolved from the pocket watch covering her feet. As more gold glitter rushed out of the watch her legs were filled with the gold glitter, slowly filling her entire body with the gold glitter. Yuri couldn't see anything now except the gold glitter surrounding her body, then she started to feel that her body became really light, as if she was flying in space. The gold glitter swirled around her at an intense speed and Yuri shut her eyes afraid that the glitter will hurt her. Then all was quiet. When she opened her eyes she saw the bustling street, the cars and the cafe all too familiar to her, for this was the neighbourhood Yoona lived in.

Then Yuri saw it. Right in front of her was Yoona's house, Yuri walked closer to Yoona's house, her heart pounding faster than ever.

"I can't believe I'm going to see Yoo.." the door to Yoona's apartment opened and Yuri hurriedly hid in the corner making sure that she would be unseen by the person who came out of the house.

"Is th.. that.. is that me?" Yuri was taken aback even though she knew that there was definitely a possibility of bumping into herself...