The courage and love of Taeyeon...

If I Could Change Time...

Tiffany continued to keep her distance as she watched the couple from afar. She was trying to make out what they were talking about, but they were simply too far away for anything to be audible. She watched on as questions started to fill her mind.

"Why is Taeyeon with her? Who's she? Didn't she say we had a date? Why am I feeling sad?" Her face became gloomy as she continued to observe the scene. The feelings became increasingly clear, and she could no longer hide it. She was fond of Taeyeon.

---Taeyeon's side---

"Haha, so you're dressed up like this to meet someone special?" a smile finally emerged on Seohyun's face as she chuckled at Taeyeon's silly behavior. 

"Hey don't laugh at me! But yea, she is one hell of a special girl. I guess no one could make my heart beat like that. So I'm sorry if I can't love you the same even if we were to get married." Taeyeon replied honestly. 

"It's fine, I don't think I would be able to love you too. This is afterall an arranged marriage." Seohyun looked into Taeyeon's eyes while carrying an innocent smile. 

"Thanks for being understanding, life sure likes to make a fool out of us." Taeyeon responded as she looked up to the night sky as if looking at God, and questioning him about her unfortunate life.

"So what are you going to do now?" Seohyun asked

"I don't know, I'll probably never get together with her and marry you. Just like you, I can't disappoint my parents." Taeyeon sighed.

"Give it a go! Fight for you happiness! I think I'd like to support you too." Seohyun promptly replied.

Taeyeon looked at Seohyun with a blank face. 

"Didn't..didn't you just say that you'd never fight for your happiness because others will get hurt?" Taeyeon questioned curiously.

"Well, how about I decided to change that tonight. So I'm going to start with helping you get your happiness first." Seohyun replied. Seohyun would never have had the courage to confess this sort of statement, but after talking to Taeyeon she felt that she had so much more in life to fight for rather than just let things slip by her and let others decide what she should do. 

"I guess both of us needs to get a doctor tonight." Taeyeon joked.

Both of them started laughing amused by their actions. Taeyeon then held Seohyun's hand and started walking back from the way they came back to the car. 

---Tiffany's side---

"Gosh, what are they talking about?" Tiffany was desperate to find out what both of them were talking about.

"Argh, why are they laughing so happily. Taeyeon, have you forgotten about our date tonight." Tiffany became gloomy as she thought of how insignificant she was to Taeyeon.

"Hiax, I guess I'm just not that important. Taeyeon-ah I wish you knew." Tiffany's mood was increasingly sullen as she continued to look at the couple which seemed so blissful.

"Did..did they just hold hands?!" Tiffany's heart took a big blow, and she turned her head around and treaded back with heavy footsteps back to her home. 

Tiffany got home and went to her bedroom. She sat on her bed thinking about the Taeyeon and everything she just saw. She knew she shouldn't be feeling this way, but her heart said otherwise. She was filled with jealousy and sadness. 

"I never knew I could love so suddenly. I never knew this would hurt so much. I'm such a pabo." Tiffany tucked her legs up and crossed her arms as she cried into her arms. 

Moments later, the doorbell rang. Tiffany took a while before she picked herself up and went to open the door with her swollen eyes. She opened the door to find Taeyeon standing there, smiling at her. She didn't know whether to feel happy or sad as she continued to stand there looking at Taeyeon with a dazed expression. 

"Omo, Tiffany what happened? Who made you cry?" Taeyeon was concerned. She saw Tiffany's puffy eyes and her sad expression.

Taeyeon brought Tiffany into the house and closed the door. Taeyeon helped Tiffany to the sofa in the living room and sat her down. 

"What happened, fany-ah? Why are you crying?" Taeyeon asked again, but not getting a response. 

"Fany-ah, you can tell me. I'm going to punish that person for you." Taeyeon remarked.

Tears started to form in Tiffany's eyes. She balled her fists and started hitting Taeyeon's shoulder. 

"It's you, it's you! Why did I have to see it? Why do I like you..." Tiffany burst out crying, the strength in her fists gradually became weak and she stopped hitting Taeyeon. Instead she held her head low as she continued to tear.

Taeyeon was never expecting herself to be the cause of Tiffany's pain. It took her awhile before she realized that Tiffany must have seen her with Seohyun. 

"But isn't she overreacting?" Taeyeon thought to herself, while still trying to comprehend the entire situation.

When Taeyeon finally put the pieces together, she pulled Tiffany close and hugged her tight allowing the girl cry onto her shoulder. The two of them stayed like that for awhile as Taeyeon waited for Tiffany to stop crying.

"I didn't knew you like me Fany-ah. I'm glad. Because I like you too..." Taeyeon confessed after Tiffany's crying stopped.

Tiffany looked up at Taeyeon, not able to believe what she had just heard.

"You..you like me?"

"Yep, ever since I laid my eyes on you. It was weird but you were just that special."

"I like you too Taeng. I started thinking of you ever since I met you outside your office." 

"So it must be love at first sight?" Taeyeon gave Tiffany a sweet smile, and soon the crescent on Tiffany's face was turned upside down as she beamed with happiness. 

Taeyeon pulled Tiffany close and hugged her again.

"I promise to protect you too." Taeyeon whispered.

"Thanks for loving me..." Tiffany snuggled Taeyeon comfortably and the two of them stayed like this throughout the entire night as they both fell asleep with smiles on their faces.