Love has no boundaries...

If I Could Change Time...

"Yu..yuri ah. She's not waking up!" Yoona panicked as she looked at the sleeping figure who wasn't moving.

"Change of plans.."

Yuri turned the car around suddenly. Yoona unaware of the sudden turn, got knocked against the car door with Taeyeon pressing down against her from the other side.

"Ouch, Yuri! What are you doing?!" 

"Getting her to the hospital of course! Call Tiffany, she needs to know." Yuri drove speedily towards the nearest hospital.

---At the airport---

Tiffany waited anxiously for the arrival of Taeyeon. She would look at her phone every few seconds hoping for an update from the rest. As she watched the clock tick nearer to the time for departure, her heart grew uneasy and became more and more nervous. 

"Taeyeon, please be here. I need you." Tiffany silently prayed to herself.

*Ringgggg...* 

Tiffany's phone rang and picked up by Tiffany within mere seconds.

"Hello, Yoona ah. Where's Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked impatiently.

"Ti..tiffany, get down to Checkmate hospital as soon as you can.. Taeyeon.. needs you." Yoona's voice was grim, and Tiffany knew that something had gone wrong. 

Tiffany went out of the airport to hail a cab. She looked down at the passport in her hands, feeling more depressed than she already was. Silently she prayed, 'please be all right'.

---At the ballroom---

The guests were all formally excused by Mr Kim's servants as they apologized to the guests on his behalf. Mr Kim sat in his seat, annoyed. 

"This is outrageous! How can that girl just barge in like that!" Taeyeon's father continued his rants. He was furious that such a thing had actually happened.

"I have never felt more ashamed in my life than now. How are we going to fix this!" He stood up from the chair he was seating on and paced out to the door, only to be blocked by Seohyun.

"Move girl, or I'm going to make you." Mr Kim barked.

"I will not let you spoil Taeyeon unnie's happiness." Seohyun posture was now so much bolder. She confidently spread her arms out wide preventing Mr Kim from exiting the ballroom. Seohyun stood firm despite the protest from her own father and Mrs Kim. However, she had her mum on her side.

"Mr Kim, if you love your daughter you would let her go." Sooyoung gently reprimanded Mr Kim.

"What do you know about my daughter?" Mrs Kim was raging from how the events were turning out. 

"Sooyoung, why don't you just explain why is all this happening." Sooyoung's husband and Seohyun's dad was hardly any encouraging.

"Exactly! Explain! I will never let Taeyeon be with a woman of such disgraceful status." Mr Kim added on.

"Tiffany unnie is not disgraceful at all! Take that back, take it all back!" Seohyun shouted. Everyone present turned silent as they looked at Seohyun with eyes wide. Had anyone, even her parents, expected Seohyun to shout like that? The answer was no.

"Tiffany unnie was the best thing that ever happened to Taeyeon unnie and is also my best friend. Mr and Mrs Kim, had you paid more attention to Taeyeon unnie, all this would not have happened.." Mr Kim tried to rebut but was silenced by his wife as she pinched him.

"Since a long time, Taeyeon unnie had felt lonely. Even I who met her for the first time could feel it. She was so similar to me. Because she had parents like mine. After grandma passed away, my parents became absorbed in their work and hardly paid any attention to me. I became isolated without love. And in that time I lost the courage to speak up for the things I want and love. Something Taeyeon unnie had not been able to do too."

Seohyun's father looked down at the floor, filled with remorse. 

"But Tiffany unnie changed it all. She taught Taeyeon unnie of love. Love that she had lost contact off the moment you guys forced her to take up the business and became absorb with money in your own way. Taeyeon unnie, who all her life had been taught that money was the most important thing, found something much more precious. She found something to fight for.

"Tiffany unnie, Yuri unnie, Yoona unnie and Taeyeon unnie all taught me to have the courage to fight for what I love. So this time round I want to help Taeyeon unnie. What's more, as her parents shouldn't you guys be supporting her in finding her happiness instead of stopping her. Shouldn't you?" Seohyun's lips trembled as she became more emotional the more she spoke. When she ended her sentence, her eyes were watery and her sadness overflowed.

Mr and Mrs Kim finally settled down, as they reflected on their actions and realized how pitiful of a parent they were.

Sooyoung who was already crying from listening to Seohyun went over to hug her daughter, both wailing in each other's embrace, expressing the emotions that had not been shown since a long time.

"Mr Kim, there is a call for you." one of his servants had came back inside the ballroom to pass Mr Kim his phone. 

"Yes?" 

"Is this the family of Kim Taeyeon, please come down to Checkmate hospital as soon as possible. Ms Kim Taeyeon has been involved in an accident." 

---At the hospital---

"How is she?" Yuri asked the doctor as he exited from Taeyeon's ward.

"She overdosed herself with OMG type A drugs, I'm afraid to tell you she won't be waking up anytime soon." the doctor said with regret before walking down the hallway, leaving Yuri and Yoona distressed.

"How can this happen.." Yoona sobbed onto Yuri's arm while Yuri stared blankly into thin air.

Tiffany arrived not long after and the two of them broke the news to Tiffany. Tiffany bit on to her lower lip, trying hard not to cry. But eventually crumbled onto the floor crying uncontrollably into her own knees. Yuri and Yoona hugged Tiffany tightly hoping that it would make her feel slightly better. Tiffany walked into the ward looking at the figure who was not moving, her eyelids remained shut and the only sound in the room was from the machine resonating Taeyeon's heartbeat. 

"Taeyeon..." Tiffany sat onto the chair beside the bed and held onto Taeyeon's hand.

"Why is our love filled with so much pain. Why did you want to end your life? You could've waited for me.." Tiffany continued to look at Taeyeon with watery eyes. Reality was harsh. Taeyeon and Tiffany's break never got a break from troubles as it came tumbling down one after another. Now that Taeyeon is 'asleep', Tiffany felt more lonely than ever.

"I need you,Taeyeon." Tiffany hugged Taeyeon and whispered into her ear.

---2 hours later---

Taeyeon's parents along with Seohyun and her family arrived at the hospital. They rushed down to the hospital the moment they received the phone call. They hastily checked for the room number from the service desk and rushed off to Taeyeon's ward. Then, all of them stopped outside of the ward when they saw Yuri and Yoona waiting outside the ward.

"You two..!" Mr Kim got agitated and rushed towards the girls but was eventually pulled back by Seohyun who pointed to inside the ward.

The group of them looked inside the ward through the glass. They saw Tiffany holding onto Taeyeon's hand tightly, earnestly conversing with Taeyeon. Although they could not hear what she was saying, they could feel her sincerity and the love she had for Taeyeon. Tiffany was then seen wetting the cotton bud with water as she wetted Taeyeon's dry lips. Everyone's heart ached at the sight of it. Seohyun grabbed tightly onto her parent's hand, Mr Kim hugged onto his wife and Yoona stood near Yuri with her head resting on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry for what we have done Mr Kim. " Yuri apologized.

"The initial plan was for Taeyeon to elope to another country with Tiffany, but Taeyeon ate some pills in which she tried to end her life."

"The plan did not work out in the end. And Taeyeon never got the chance to get on the plane." Yuri sighed as she told the truth of what happened.

"But it just goes to show love has no boundaries..."