Seohyun's tale...

If I Could Change Time...

Seohyun accompanied Taeyeon's parents back to their home. Seohyun having witnessed the scene could hardly find the right words to comfort Taeyeon's parents. 

"Ah, I hope Taeyeon is all right." Seohyun thought to herself. She started to doubt herself if going for their own happiness was truly the right thing to do.

"Why do we fight so hard for ourselves if everyone gets hurt in the end?" Seohyun was becoming doubtful and was starting to regret she even encouraged Taeyeon to fight for her happiness in the first place.

When the three of them finally got to Taeyeon's home, Seohyun went back to the kitchen and poured Mr and Mrs Kim a glass of water each.

"Aish, all that girl ever does is bring us trouble." Taeyeon's mum was flaring up, she was rampant with rage as she ranted about how disappointing her daughter was. Seohyun's heart ached for Taeyeon as she could only sit by and hear the painful remarks.

"I'm sorry Seohyun. For having to witness such a scene. But please don't worry, we'll make sure everything goes well." Taeyeon's father was trying to assure Seohyun that the marriage would go according to plan. But what he didn't know was that Seohyun was also disapproving of the marriage. She, like Taeyeon, wanted to find happiness. 

"Erm Mr Kim, maybe it would be better if we canceled the wedding." Seohyun spoke, Mr and Mrs Kim were taken aback. They tried to reason with Seohyun not to cancel the wedding.

"Seohyun, please don't worry about it. We will fix things for sure. Please don't cancel the wedding." Mrs Kim sounded rather desperate. It was then, that Seohyun realized how Taeyeon's parents have been blinded by their business, so much so that they have forgotten about the people around them and what is truly important. She was reminded of how Taeyeon's parents were so alike to hers and how Seohyun ended up following her parent's every single demand.

"I think it would be better if you guys got to spoke with Taeyeon first. Thank you for the day Mr and Mrs Kim. I've never been to an amusement park before. It was really fun." Seohyun bid farewell to Taeyeon's parents, who were still anxious about Seohyun cancelling the wedding. 

Seohyun hailed a cab and went home. During her trip home, she bombarded herself with numerous questions.

'What is right?', 'Had I ever been happy before?', 'Just how far would I go for my own happiness?' the answer to all her questions eventually all lead up to "I don't know."

---Seohyun's place---

Seohyun washed herself up and readied herself for bed. She climbed onto her bed and lied down, face facing the ceiling. With all the recent events taking place, there weren't actually any time to collect her thoughts. Seohyun continued to look up at the ceiling unable to fall asleep. Thinking of all the recent happenings, she started recalling about her past. 

---Flashback---

13 years ago

The tall green grass of the wide field was as tall as the 5 year old Seohyun. Seohyun actually smiled and laughed during that time. 

"Seohyun ah, you're too fast wait for me." Seohyun's grandmother called out to her. Seohyun was as active as any kid could get. She loved the fields. She loved how she could move around in an open space and look up to admire the clear blue sky. 

Seohyun's grandmother had always brought Seohyun to the meadows during the weekends to play. It was an exceptionally happy time for Seohyun. 

"Haha old lady, it seems we are getting old. Look at how fast that kid is now. 5 years have passed just like this." Seohyun's grandfather held his arm over Seohyun's grandmother's shoulder. The couple continued to look at Seohyun from afar with smiles on their faces. 

Seohyun felt extremely blissful because she had such loving grandparents. She, at that time, had parents that were very much different from now.

Seohyun's dad would always take her to her grandparent's house over the weekends and bring her out to places such as the zoo and the bird park. He gave every crook and cranny of her attention to Seohyun's well-being and made sure that Seohyun had a memorable childhood.

"Seohyun-ah it's time to get back home!" Seohyun's mum called from the road beside the meadow. Seohyun went over to the car along with her grandparents as they were brought back to her grandparents' home. Seohyun's grandparents lived in a humble home not too far away from the meadow. The house was nature loving as mother nature surrounded the house and motor vehicles were hardly seen in the vicinity.

Seohyun's mum was making dinner for the family. The family would always have a scrumptious dinner prepared by Seohyun's mum. The family would then enjoy their meal heartily as they joked and talked.

2 more years passed. The family was still living in bliss. Even though Seohyun's parents were not making as much as they were today, but they were contented and felt blessed to be with one another. But an incident that occurred that year changed everything.

.

.

.

"Fire! Fire!" a man shouted to the neighboring houses.

Seohyun's grandparent's was one of those neighboring houses. There would be frequent forest fires during the summer near the village but it had always been of a much smaller scale. Nobody in the village had thought of this as dangerous. But that very year, multiple fires broke out at once which caused the meadow to be in a sea of flames. The fire quickly neared the village and covered it in flames as well. The villagers quickly evacuated the place and looked for shelter. 

The men of the village went around the houses looking for people who have yet to evacuate the place. As the flames continued to ravage the village the situation became increasingly pressing. The village men eventually evacuated the place when they saw the fire just beside the village.

However 2 people were still caught in the fire and was unable to escape from the place.

"Old mate, it's okay I am here for you. It's about time we left for heaven." an old man hugged onto his wife. Seohyun's grandmother had started becoming weaker since 2 years ago and had been unable to move around conveniently. The old lady reached out to the old man's back and hugged him closer and she wept into his chest...

Seohyun's parents were devastated upon hearing the news. Eventually they drowned themselves in work so as to forget the horrible memory. During this time, Seohyun was neglected and was pushed to take up all sorts of courses. Seohyun, since then, barely had any chance to talk to her parents. And everytime she disapproved of what her parents wanted her to do, her parents would simply get lock her up in her own room. Since then, she had not known what was happiness. Seohyun's parents became addicted to their work and all they thought about was how to make it bigger and made sure Seohyun would eventually be capable enough to take over. 

Years passed just like that. Seohyun spent a great length of her time without love and care. Today she had already lost touch with it all. But her meeting with Taeyeon and the words Taeyeon said echoed strongly in her head. She was determined to find the kind of happiness she had in the past, she wanted it all back...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Haha, guess it'd be a good time to put Seohyun into the picture. 

I hope you guys are still enjoying the story as I enjoy writing them. So any comments? Leave them below okay? I need guidance ><