The new girl, and the beach...

If I Could Change Time...

Taeyeon held the pendant in her hand the whole time as she got into her car and drove back home. Her mind was filled with Tiffany's image, her smile and her touch were simply heartwarming. Even when Taeyeon went back home and was taking a bath. Her mind was only filled with the girl who gave her the pendant. Maybe it was the kindness she showed her, or maybe it was fate. But something Taeyeon thought was friendship was starting to turn into something more. As she came out of the shower and was getting ready for bed, she took out her hand phone and typed in Tiffany's number without much consideration.

"Hey, Tiffany. Thought I should just let you know that I'm home already." Taeyeon sent out the text after rejecting the other corny ones she thought up off, such as "Hey fany, I'm backkk. missed me?" and "Hi Tiffany, you were great today, thanks."

"Haha, I'm glad that you're home safe. Sleep early. I hope you're all right. Talk to me more often ok?" Tiffany's text came almost as soon as Taeyeon had sent it. 

"Wow, this girl texts fast." Taeyeon thought to herself. 

"Thanks for everything today, I really needed that. So we're friends right? Haha :)" 

"Of course. Don't think too much about stuff that hurts all right? Remember that you have me. ♥" Tiffany's text made Taeyeon smile unknowingly.

"How can this girl be so sweet." Taeyeon smile got even wider as she thought about Tiffany's cute text. 

"So do you want to have dinner tomorrow?" Taeyeon asked.

"How about coming over to my place and I'll do the cooking." Tiffany once again replied quickly.

"Okay! I'll see you tomorrow at 8pm then." Taeyeon was happy at the thought of being able to see Tiffany so soon again. 

"All right I'll see you there."

"Anyways, are you sure you can cook well? I'm leaving if it ain't up to standard."

"Ahh so meannnn. :( I'll do a good job." 

In the end the two of them had a seemingly endless conversation that night as they talked about all the random stuff they could think off. Taeyeon eventually fell asleep first.

"Haha, guess you're snoring away right now. I'll see you tomorrow then. Have a sweet dream, goodnight." Tiffany replied 10 minutes later after not getting a reply.

---The next morning---

Taeyeon was busy fumbling through her wardrobe looking for something suitable for tonight's date. This was the first time she realized how job orientated she was. She never had any dresses nor any cute skirts to wear. Her wardrobe was full of office fashion. Her new hair seemed terrible mismatched with the clothes in her wardrobe. She then decided to go out and get some new clothes instead.

Taeyeon went around town looking for suitable clothes. This was the first time Taeyeon had got her own clothes. All her clothes were always bought by her secretary instead. She never really bothered with what she wore as she was always busy with work. But today, she had someone she wanted to impress. She had something other than work to think about. She went around town for a few hours before picking a blue shirt with black and white stripes, a blue mini skirt and checkered/striped jacket to complement it all. When she came out from the changing room, everyone including the staff stared at her. They looked at how she had managed to look like a different person. She seemed a lot sweeter and cuter. And of course, more lovable.

"How do I look?" She asked the staff who was assisting her. The staff was still making a 'o' shape with as she was taken aback by her beauty.

"You..you look great." The staff replied.

Taeyeon then proceeded to pay for the clothes and went back home. Taeyeon took a quick bath, tidied her hair as she pulled it to one side and tied a ponytail. 

"Now I look like a girl" Taeyeon looked herself in the mirror, barely recognizing that it was her. She was sure Tiffany would be equally shocked and smiled at the thought of it. Just then, her phone rang. She was quick to get to her phone thinking it was Tiffany. But she saw the number and realized it was her mum instead.

"Hello.." Taeyeon plainly greeted her mum.

"Taeyeon-ah, be at OMG restaurant by 7pm will you? I have someone that I want you to meet."

"But umma.." before Taeyeon could even finish her sentence, her mum had already hung up. 

"Now what do I do?" Taeyeon thought to herself.

Eventually, Taeyeon decided to head down to the restaurant first. She sent Tiffany a text letting her know that she will be late. 

---At the restaurant---

Taeyeon spotted her parents sitting with 3 other people, 2 of which she was familiar with. They were the couple who was running High Rain fashion design. Taeyeon's mum had mentioned to her before that she was going to be arranged to meet up with their daughter and get married. But she did not realize it would be this quick. Taeyeon walked over and greeted her parents and the couple. Taeyeon's parents were shocked to see Taeyeon in her new look but did not say anything. Taeyeon then looked down and saw the innocent looking girl wearing a white evening gown, keeping her head low while greeting Taeyeon. 

"Ah, this must be Taeyeon, it's great to meet you. You can call me Mrs Choi." Taeyeon held hand with Mrs Choi and shook it.

"This here is our daughter , Seohyun. I hope both of you will get along well." Mrs Choi continued, then Taeyeon greeted Seohyun. 

Both families then sat down to have dinner. Both Taeyeon and Seohyun's parents chatted heartily as they complimented each other's child and talk about their future business plans. While Taeyeon and Seohyun had their meal in silence. Taeyeon barely touched her food as she did not want to miss Tiffany's cooking. Soon it was already 8pm, and Taeyeon's parents who noticed the silence between the kids asked Taeyeon to bring Seohyun out for a walk. 

"Yes umma." Taeyeon got up and pulled Seohyun's chair for her to get up. The both of them then exited the restaurant while their parents remained to continue chatting.

The two them of them kept their silence even in the absence of their parents. 

"I'm sorry for all this awkwardness." Taeyeon confessed.

"It's okay." Seohyun was incredibly soft spoken.

"I guess we're getting married huh, don't you want to lead your own life?" Taeyeon questioned Seohyun as she was thinking about her own life, most of it regarding Tiffany. 

"I want to, but I can't. If I do, a lot of people will get hurt. My parents will worry about the company, staffs will be retrenced and people will be sad, I don't want that." Seohyun remarked maturely.

"Ah right, sometimes I wish I could be just a little selfish and do things for myself." Taeyeon looked up to the twinkling sky thinking how her life would have been if she had made her own decisions. 

"Anyways, do you want me to take you home? I have somewhere to go if it's okay with you." Taeyeon looked at her watch and noticed that it was already passed the appointed time to meet Tiffany.

"You have somewhere to go?" Seohyun was kind of surprised since their parents had obviously asked them to go for a walk.

"Ne, I'm sorry this is so sudden. It's kind of important, do you want me to take you home?" Taeyeon apologized.

"It's okay, we'll be seeing each other very often in the future anyway." Seohyun said.

Taeyeon wasn't sure if Seohyun had really meant what she just said as her facial expressions were very hard to read. In fact it had a certain feel of melancholy, as if she was sad. But not because of what Taeyeon said but at her own life. Taeyeon couldn't bear to leave the girl alone so she dragged her into the car and drove off to the beach. 

---At Tiffany's place---

*bzz bzz* Tiffany's phone vibrated, she read the message and promptly replied that it was okay and that she will be waiting for Taeyeon to come. Tiffany heartily cooked the meal and placed it nicely on the table as she waited for Taeyeon to arrive. 

---3 hours later---

It was already 10pm and Taeyeon had still not arrived. Tiffany was getting impatient and increasingly worried. She texted Taeyeon and asked her where she was but a reply never came. 

Tiffany decided to walk down to the beach to calm her heart while waiting for Taeyeon's reply. She hung her head up high and looked at the stars while thinking about the other girl. 

"Why am I like this? Didn't I tell myself it was just sisterly love? This is so weird" Tiffany continued to walk down the beach.

She then saw a couple in the distance walking along the beach. She couldn't recognize the other girl but was sure the other one was Taeyeon despite how differently she dressed today.

"That's.. that's Taeyeon?" Tiffany talked to herself.

She continued to observe the couple as her heart started aching, aching with jealousy...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, please do comment people. Anyway I have something I must confess. I initially intended this to be a Yuri or yoonyul-centric fanfic but ended up getting engaged with the taene moments. Haha I promise to write about yoonyul soon, they of course have their own story. I can't wait to share them with you guys. Look forward! ^^