Departure...

If I Could Change Time...

3 years passed just like that, as Sooyoung and Jessica were still happily stuck in each other's lives. It was true they had petty fights every couple would have but in the end they would always get back with each other like how a baby can't live without his pacifier. 

They were already 19 that year and had just graduated from high school. 

"Sooyoung, hurry up. We're going to miss the sunset." Jessica hurried Sooyoung.

The both of them climbed up a small hill and in the distance they could see the vast sea and beyond that was the big ball of flame they called the sun. The rays shone over their faces and they felt their eyes slightly prickly. But it didn't matter, the view was beautiful. Sooyoung adjusted Jessica's hair after Jessica laid down on Sooyoung lap.

"You're.. as beautiful as the sun." Sooyoung unknowingly confessed, causing Jessica to blush.

"I shine because of you." Jessica pinched Sooyoung's nose and pushed Sooyoung down so that Jessica was now on top instead. Then Jessica moved in and got Sooyoung's lips onto hers. Jessica kissed Sooyoung passionately while the sun had set.

"Ahhh, looks like we missed the sunset afterall." Sooyoung got up and touched her lips, smiling.

"Ain't the sun always here?" Jessica said, pointing to herself.

"Yes, be by my side forever." Sooyoung locked Jessica's hand with hers.

---A few months later---

"Get that barbaric woman out of my girl's life!" Sooyoung's mum shouted.

Both Jessica and Sooyoung's parents had met up because their relationship had been exposed. They knew their parents would react strongly to this, especially Sooyoung's parents. That was why they kept it a secret. Until Jessica's mum found an adoption document hidden inside Jessica's drawer.

"Mrs Choi, you should be more responsible for your daughter." Jessica's mum rebut.

Both mums argued heatedly while the dads' showed their clam exterior and watched the situation develop. Sooyoung and Jessica looked down afraid to believe this reality and guilty of how it all turned up this way. 

"I'm never allowing Sooyoung to get close to that daughter of yours."

"You think I would?!"

"Yah! Then get out!"

"What about the kid?"

"The kid?! Get it back to the adoption home."

Jessica's face turned icy cold, while Sooyoung looked back up at her mum appalled. They couldn't give back the kid. No way they were going to give the kid back. How the kid came into their lives was a long story. But to put it simply, an old lady they knew was rearing this child but she was not going to live any longer. The parents of the kid had abandoned both the grandma and the kid for their own selfish purposes. Sooyoung and Jessica feeling soft for the old lady decided to adopt the kid as their own. 

"Hwang, her name is Hwang. Mi. Young." those were the passing words of the old lady who sincerely wanted to see the child's growth till the end but was not able to.

"Mum, you can't do that!" Sooyoung reacted strongly to her mum's words. She was determined to keep her promise. Furthermore, they already had feelings for the child. No way they were letting go of her right now.

*Piak* the slap came as no surprise to Sooyoung as she continued to stare her mother down.  

"Everyone's life is equally valuable, no reason why you should deprive that child of life." Sooyoung retaliated only to face another slap. 

Both her cheeks were red by now. Sooyoung's father quickly tried to appease his wife and demanded Sooyoung to apologize. 

"Forget it. I'm leaving." Sooyoung stomped out of house only to be followed by Jessica. 

Jessica's mum cried out to her but only to be fallen on deaf ears. Jessica along with Sooyoung ignored the noises around them as they walked down the street. 

"What are we going to do?" Sooyoung sighed.

"I don't know." Jessica replied, tears almost coming out.

"Mi Young. She's going to live hard from now on." Sooyoung sighed again. 

Jessica embraced Sooyoung hoping this would make them feel a little better from the harsh reality. 

A few days later, Sooyoung talked to Jessica over the phone informing her that she had gotten air tickets ready for them to elope. Jessica would have to go to the orphanage to get Mi Young and Sooyoung would meet them afterwards. They did all this on the sly without their parents knowing. But thankfully, their parents had not been talking to them because of the recent incident and they could move around freely. 

"I'm sorry life is going to be hard for us, Jessica."

"I'm happy as long as I'm with you."

The duo agreed to the insane plan where both of them hardly had any clue how their life would be. 

---On the day of departure---

Jessica had carried Mi Young to the airport and waited for Sooyoung's arrival. Time was ticking and Jessica's heart was filled with anxiety. She kept looking around, afraid that the plan would fail. 

At Sooyoung's place, Sooyoung carried her bag of stuff along with her savings and some of her mum's . She had to make sure they could at least live off themselves for a while before Sooyoung could get a job and support them. 

"Mum I'm going out."

"Where do you think you're going. You're staying at home."

Sooyoung ignored her mum and continued to advance towards the door. Eventually she was stopped by her mum and they both ended in a struggle as Sooyoung tried to get past her and through the door. Unfortunately her own air ticket fell out of her hands and Sooyoung's mum who saw it got even angrier. 

"What is this rubbish?! You're eloping? Where to? Do you really think you can support yourselves?!"

"It's better than living in a place without love." Sooyoung replied forcefully, leaving her mum with a broken heart. 

"You're staying here." the both of them continued to struggle.

She forced herself through the door but her air ticket ended up in her mum's hand. Mrs Choi looked at Sooyoung, with glistering tears in her eyes and tore Sooyoung's ticket in half. Sooyoung, mouth agape, swore at her mum and left for the airport anyways.

---At the airport---

Jessica saw Sooyoung running towards her and she smiled, unknowing to what had happened. 

"Sooyoung, hurry let's get on" Jessica beamed but still nonetheless nervous.

Sooyoung hugged Jessica along with the baby. 

"I'm so sorry, so sorry.." Tears came bursting out of Sooyoung's eyes. 

"What's wrong?" Jessica panicked at Sooyoung's actions. 

"I should've been a better lover, a better parent. I'm sorry." Sooyoung eventually got the story across to Jessica.

Jessica smiled and tried to remain strong. She didn't want to show Sooyoung she was vulnerable, she didn't want to make the situation any sadder. 

"We'll meet again someday. Promise me" Jessica held her pinky out for Sooyoung to cross and promise her.

Sooyoung sealed the promise with a tender kiss. Both of them tearing out as the kiss dragged on for a whole minute. Knowing this was their last kiss, their hearts soured. Sooyoung then passed Jessica all the money she had on her and the other things she would need to take care of the child. 

"Mi Young, I'm sorry I can't watch you grow up." Sooyoung looked at the innocent baby.

"I'm naming her Tiffany." Jessica said. 

"Sounds really pretty. She needs an english name afterall. Tiffany ah, listen to mummy ok. I love you too" Sooyoung smiled, and kissed the baby on the forehead.

Sooyoung sent both of them off at the departure gate, their hands unwilling to let go. But eventually the last finger was loosened and Jessica along with the baby walked into the departure hall. The both of them constantly waved to each other. Sooyoung clenched her fist as she held back the tears. They were now separated by more than just the glass wall.

"When will I ever see you again?" Sooyoung cried just as Jessica turned the corner.

An airplane flew over her head as she left the airport.

Up in the sky, Jessica was looking down thinking about Sooyoung as she wiped the tears off her face. 

"Stay strong for mummy ok? Mummy will protect you." Jessica continued to hug the baby.

"They are really gone now." Sooyoung's tears overflowing as she saw the plane fly off into the distance...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't judge me, my heart was aching as I completed the chapter. Boohoo! ><