Winning Her Over (Hoya) Part 2

The Female Hoya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If I win in a game of rock, paper, scissors, will you hang out with me again?” He asked.

You laughed. “Rock, paper, scissors? Hm… ok. If you win, then I’ll hang out with you again. Not tomorrow, though, since I’m still sick. How does the day after that sound?”

“Perfect.”

You two prepared for your match.

“Men do rock.” He said, before the game.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” You replied.

“Kai, bai, BO!”

You laughed at the result. You chose rock and he chose scissors.

“I win!” You cheered.

He sulked.

“I thought you said men do rock? I guess I’m a man.”

“I thought that if I said men do rock, you’d think I’d do rock so I held out scissors in hopes you’d hold out paper to defeat my rock.”

“Very interesting thinking Howon. It was a well thought out plan.” You said, chuckling. “For the fun of it, I thought I’d do rock. Who knew?”

 Hoya looked disappointed that he lost.

“Listen, I know I won, but are you still on for Thursday?” You asked.

“Really?!” He asked.

“I don’t see why not.” You said, smiling.

“You’re the best!” He got up and hugged you.

Hoya realized what he was doing and quickly sat back in his seat. “U-uh, I mean, yeah. Sounds great.”

“It’s fine, HoAegi.” You teased.

He pouted. “I’m not a baby!”

“HoBaby~~~” You sang.

“You’re lucky you’re sick.” He muttered. “Or else you would’ve had to visit the tickle monster.”

You laughed. The rest of the day was filled with laughter. Who knew staying at home sick would be this fun? Hoya was so sweet to stay and take care of you the entire day instead of enjoying his days off. Although you wished he would’ve stayed home and rested for the next few days, you had to admit that you were glad he came.

It was late night when Hoya decided it was time for him to go home. You walked him downstairs, ignoring his protests and oppositions.

“You stayed to take care of me the entire day, the least I can do is walk you out.” You replied.

“I would much prefer it if you stayed in bed in your room.” He said. “You might hurt yourself.”

“I’m a big girl Howon. I am perfectly capable of going up and down a few sets of stairs.”

He sighed. “Just be careful, ok? You almost gave me a heart attack today when I found out what happened to you.”

“I will, thanks.” You smiled.

He waved. “I’ll see you soon.”

“Bye!” You waved back.

You closed the door and went into the kitchen since you felt thirsty. You walked over to the dishes that Hoya washed earlier and noticed the heart-shaped bowl. You cheeks grew warm at the realization, but you thought it was a coincidence. Just a mere coincidence.

~Fast Forward Two Days~

Thanks to Hoya constantly coming over to your house to take care of you and making sure you were ok, you recovered quickly. Sunggyu sent you lots of caring text messages asking if you felt better and such. It touched you, how he worried about your wellbeing while he had other more important things to worry about, such as his comeback in a week, a few days after everyone’s break was over. When he talked about it with you, you could tell he was really excited. Of course, he had every right to be excited; he was working with Nell’s Kim Jongwan. And to have Jongwan compose, write lyrics, and arrange a song for his album, made it all the better.

You were happy seeing how ecstatic Sunggyu was and wished him the best for his comeback. He told you he had a surprise for you on Monday. You were really curious since he seemed quite content with whatever it was he had in store for you.  

Your phone suddenly rang. It was around six in the morning. You were already awake, sketching designs and finishing composing the song you were currently working on.

“Hello?” You answered.

“I’ll be over to pick you up in ten minutes. Is that ok?”

“Yeah, it’s fine.” You said.

“Alright. See you,” Hoya said.

You hung up and went to change. You wondered where you were hanging out with Hoya today. You couldn’t get rid of the unwanted butterflies in your stomach. You had to keep reminding yourself that Hoya doesn’t feel the same and that you had to move on with Sunggyu. You sighed and just hoped you could sort and organize your jumbled feelings before you hurt yourself even more.

The doorbell rang and you grabbed your stuff, walking carefully downstairs. Your leg was healing, but it still wasn’t at its best. Your wrist was getting better. You opened the door and greeted the cheerful Hoya. He seemed really excited and dressed up. He gave you a smile and you ree, walking out and closing the door behind you.   

He opened the passenger door of Sunggyu’s car for you and you thanked him, getting inside.

“Still haven’t gotten my car yet,” He sheepishly scratched the back of his head. “I’m getting my car soon so I won’t have to keep asking Sunggyu hyung to borrow his car.”

You mouthed an ‘oh.’

“So, what’s today’s plan?” You asked.

“We’re going to my hometown.” He replied, flashing his perfect canine teeth.

He looked so happy and the smile on his face… that beautiful smile you loved so much. You couldn’t help but swoon over his smile. No, I can’t fall for him anymore, you told yourself. He looked so happy to be able to go back home and visit the place where he spent his childhood.

“It’ll be alright, though. We don’t have to worry about fans. They’re all in school and there aren’t much people out except the older generation.”

You nodded. You were excited as well. You haven’t had the chance to visit Busan in a while. You loved Busan. You enjoyed admiring the scenery and the fresh air there. Honestly, you preferred Busan over Seoul. Busan was a rural place compared to the loud, bustling, more-populated, Seoul.

The drive to Busan would be a long one, but you had Hoya beside you, so you knew time would pass by very quickly. You two talked about everything and anything that came to mind: work, life, etc. Soon, you realized that four hours have passed. He stopped the car at a gas station to pump gas and take a break. After the gas tank was full, the two of you got back into the car and enjoyed the snacks from the gas station. Another two hours passed and you two were getting hungry, so Hoya stopped at a restaurant and the both of you ate.

You and Hoya arrived at Busan at one in the afternoon. He parked his car and the two of you got off. You looked around. The view was completely different from Seoul, not that you minded. It was quite refreshing, actually. It seemed as if you were at a place surrounded by vendors selling food, accessories, and other things like that. You two spent hours walking and looking around.

“I’ve been meaning to get a pair of new sunglasses for casual wear…” Hoya said, looking through the sunglasses collection.

“Really?” You asked from his side.

“It’s just that I haven’t found one that caught my eye yet. I’m not looking for something expensive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter