Winning Her Over (Sunggyu) Part 1

The Female Hoya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was mid-July, two weeks since Hoya’s and your comeback. Every day was the same. Wake up, get ready, go to your schedules, go home, and sleep. Sometimes, you’d skip meals because of how hectic everything was. It was tiring, but you and Hoya were filled with energy because of the fans’ support. Your uncle felt that everyone deserved a break, so he let Woollim’s artists take the next few days off. He needed some time to plan for Sunggyu’s comeback that was happening very soon.

You were about to head back to the dorm to collect some things and head back to your house when Sunggyu called you from a distance. Hoya’s ears perked up when he heard your name coming from Sunggyu’s lips.

“Want to hang out today?” Sunggyu asked, running up to you.

“Sure.” You agreed.  

“Great! Let’s go.”

You followed him to his car. Strange, mid-July, yet you were feeling a bit chilly. You wore your jacket over your long sleeve shirt. You got into the passenger seat and he drove to an unfamiliar destination. Sunggyu would occasionally stare at your clothes and flushed cheeks. It was almost ninety degrees outside, yet you were wearing that jacket over your shirt? He didn’t want to ask since you probably had a reason, so he turned up the air conditioner. It was at the point where he was almost freezing when your cheeks weren’t as pink as before. He made a call on his phone. When he arrived at a house, a familiar little girl was seen at the front standing between her parents.

Lauren smiled and ran up to you as soon as you got out of the car. You affectionately her hair.

“Umma!” She said.

“Hello Baby’s over, Lauren. I’m your unnie now.” You smiled.

“Umma~” She insisted, shaking her head.

“Arasso, arasso.” You laughed and turning her over to Sunggyu, who fawned over her as much as you did.

“Aigoo, my Lauren is all grown up now!” He said, spinning her around.

She giggled and hugged Sunggyu’s neck. Her parents waved and your brain finally clicked.

“Don’t tell me we’re –” You asked, already excited.

He nodded. “She’s all ours for today.”

“Oppa is the best.” You smiled.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” He flipped his hair.

“Because of that, I’m taking it back.” You joked, getting into the car.

Sunggyu chuckled and helped Lauren put on her seat belt.

“So, where are we going?” You asked.

“My house.” He replied.

You didn’t question him any further and sat in your seat. Sunggyu looked pretty excited, so you figured it’d be a fun activity that he, Lauren, and you could do together. He pulled into his driveway and helped Lauren out of the car after opening your door. He put Lauren down and opened the door with his keys.

“It’s been a while since I’ve been here.” You commented, taking off your shoes.

“Yeah, the last time was when you fell sick and Howon carried you here.” Sunggyu said, recalling that time.

Surprisingly, you found three slippers at the entrance.

“Did you buy these beforehand?” You asked.

He sheepishly nodded. “Yeah.”

“You somehow knew I’d accept your offer of hanging out.” You joked.

“I was hoping.” He lightly laughed. “But now that my two favorite girls are here, let’s get cooking!”

“Pancakes!” Lauren happily squealed, running towards the pancake mix box and bottle of maple syrup on the table.

She hugged the two items tightly.

“Appa jjang!” She smiled.

“I thought we could make some pancakes, pack them up, and continue our day with another activity I planned.” Sunggyu said.

“Will you tell me what it is?” You asked.

He shook his head. “Secret.”

“Aw… fine.” You said. “Let’s get started, shall we?”

Sunggyu nodded and took out three aprons. You helped Lauren tie her pink one on and had trouble tying yours once again. Sunggyu was watching from the distance.

“Um, oppa… do you mind?” You sheepishly asked.

He shook his head and laughed, walking over to help you tie your apron. “Reminds you when we were cooking during Hello Baby, doesn’t it?”

You nodded and he neatly made a bow with the straps of your apron.

“According to the instructions, it says you should…” Sunggyu began to mutter to himself while reading the instructions of the pancake mix box.

You got to work and began to add water to the pancake mix.

“So we should – oh. I guess we don’t need the instructions then…” Sunggyu said, after seeing you expertly mixing.

You chuckled. “Why doesn’t appa help Lauren stir? I’ll turn on the stove.”

Lauren excitedly nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter