"Natakot lang ako."

Broken Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri who was in the other side of the line, is fixing her white 3-inch heels when Sooyoung peeked at the room’s door signaling her to get ready. She pulled out her gold earring to pair an off-shoulder dress she was wearing. The young woman took her last glance at the mirror while her hair to look better, bumalik na naman si Sooyoung sa kwarto ni Yuri at ramdam nya ang sama ng tingin nito sa kanya. Hindi sya pinansin ni Yuri habang patuloy ito sa pag ayos ng buhok.

They walked at the corner of the venue, grabbed two microphones and sat next to the church orchestra. ‘talaga naman, papayag talaga sa kahit anong raket tong si Sooyoung.’ Sabi na lang ni Yuri sa sarili nya. Sooyoung who was staring closely at the young woman scanned her overall look napangiti ito habang tinitignan kung gaano sya kaganda ngayon, she admired how Yuri is unique with her styling and loved every detail she wore on her body. As the crowd already settled their places, Nagsimula nang tumugtog ang mga instrument at mabagal na kumalampag ang malaking kampana ng simbahan.

Yuri closes her eyes as she was already astounded by the orchestral music inside of the church, however, Sooyoung locked her sight at the two women on the side of the aisle, one who is patiently waiting at the altar, and the other who is walking down to meet her.

At dahil sa sayang nararamdaman ni Yuri, ay di nya mapigilan ang mapaiyak sa mga kaibigan ni Sooyoung, na kahit hindi sila gaanong close ay masaya pa rin sya para sa kanila.

 

“Girl, daig mo pa yung dalawang bride sa pag iyak, kumalma ka kakanta pa tayo.” Sooyoung chuckled by how Yuri struggles to make herself look calm and composed.

“Yung feeling lang kase na makasal sa taong mahal mo, natutuwa ako sa kanilang dalawa, look at how they stare at each other filled with love.”

“Yul kalmahan mo lang, hindi pa ikaw ang ikakasal hahaha! Wag mo ubusin yung luha mo, ni hindi pa nga nagsisimula umiiyak ka na.”

“Ay, masyado pala akong agaw eksena sa dalawa hehe, can you cover me I’ll fix my make up.”

“It looks okay pa naman, don’t worry. Wag ka lang masyado umiyak.”

 

The bells started ringing when the bride finally reached her woman in front of the altar, as they both turned around and faced the priest, Yuri seems to struggle a lot containing her tears. However, Sooyoung started to feel her emotions as the two women are now facing each other, holding their hands together and smiling warmly at their partner, Yuri was the first one to stand up, she held her mic up to her lips and sang the lyrics of the wedding song.

At ganon din ang ginawa ni Sooyoung, tumayo na rin sya agad at kumanta, and their voices blended well masayang nakatinging ang dalawa habang kinakanta ang bawat salita sa papel na hawak nila, biglang agaw eksena sa kinakasal ang pag piyok ni Yuri habang nagpipigil ng iyak. Sooyoung had to cover some of Yul’s parts, iniwasan ni Sooyoung ang umiyak masyado para matapos nya ang kantang hindi nakanta ng maayos ni Yuri.

 

“I promise to take care of you until my last breath, I promise to always make you feel my love. Sa mga oras na nahihirapan ka, lagi mong tatandaan na nandito ako para intindihin ka, sa mga oras na pakiramdam mo mag isa ka, isipin mo lang yung mga panahon na hindi ako umalis sa tabi mo. Marami man tayo pinag awayan, don’t forget na mas marami pa tayong pagsasamahan, it wasn’t easy for others who saw our relationship, but what’s more important is we are finally here, wala tayong inaapakang tao habang inaabot ang pangarap nating dalawa. Isa kang butuin sa langit na araw araw kong titingalain at pipiliting abutin,

isa kang liwanag na gugustuhin kong masilayan tuwing umaga, ikaw lang tangi, habang buhay sa iyo, mahal na mahal kita.”

 

“For almost everyday of my life, I had never imagined you out of the picture, the moment you said ‘yes’ to me, that’s where I said to myself na, eto na yon, sana huli ka na, sana hanggang dulo ka na. At hiniling ko na sana habang binubuo ko future naten, magiging parte pa rin ako ng plano mo. And everything was worth it we are both here looking at each other, and looking forward to the promise we made together, gusto ko lang sabihin sayo na, sa mga susunod pang laban hindi ka na mag iisa, at sa mga pangarap pa nating sabay aabutin, hiling ko ang mahabang panahon para sa atin.

I am proud of you for yourself, I am thankful for all your efforts, I am beyond happy to see you here infront of me, you deserve all the love in this world, so that means you deserve me in any other way. I love you, so so much.”

 

A gentle yet passionate kiss sealed their well-made promise, lalo lang naiyak si Yuri sa mga salitang binanggit ng kinakasal bukod sa napakaganda nitong pakinggan ay hindi nya maiwasang maisip si Sica sa mga oras na yon, Sooyoung saw the beauty of being inlove, she saw how love can be in any form, how it has no gender, and how the heart is there for us to freely feel what it wants to feel. At mas lalo nya naappreciate ang lahat ng klase ng taong nakakasama nya sa buhay araw araw.

Their family and friends cheered loudly, while the two brides enjoyed the rest of the day, Yuri, Sooyoung and the whole church orchestra went up the altar for a picture together, the young woman went next to her friend and greet her filled with excitement. Sooyoung who was standing on the other side of the bride greeted the young woman wholeheartedly. She felt emotional as she was brought back to all the memories they shared together.

Unknowingly, she felt her tears on her cheeks and it made the bride worried, but this time, she was able to handle her emotions, and the bride beside her shouldn’t be worrying too much about her.

 

“Soo hindi ikaw ang kinasal, wag mo masyado iyakan!” Yuri finally used Sooyoung’s words against her.

“Epal ka hindi na kaya kita sinita nung buong kasal umiiyak ka!” Sooyoung boldly replied.

 

The four women noticed the photographer who was signaling at them to wrap up their conversation for the wedding photo. The brides fixed both of their dresses, while the two young women did the same thing, at dahil sa hindi rin naman sila sanay sa malakas at maliwanag na ilaw ng camera ay halos mapapikit ang dalawa sa litrato, gusto pa sana umulit ni Sooyoung pero nakakahiya nga naman kung ipaulit pa.

As soon as they finished their shoot, Yuri, Sooyoung and the rest of the church orchestra went back to their seats, getting ready for the next part of the wedding, the reception. The brides and the rest of their family was the first one to leave the venue, while the two ladies were fetched by a car next to them. On their way to the hotel, napaisip naman bigla si Yuri sa gusto nyang kasal nila ni Sica, at hindi nya rin maiwasang k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter