"Uuwi ka na ba?"

Broken Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two years had passed since the day Yuri left home, at sa loob ng dalawang taon, maraming nagbago Sica wasn’t even sure if she’s still in a relationship, or is she back from square one. Halos nangangapa na lang si Jessica, a busy day for Yuri is a free time for her, and the young woman’s packed up schedule is a vacation for Yuri, their time never met not even once. And for a whole year the warmth of their love is no longer felt.

Of course, Sica could not just give Yuri up, she knows and she understands that, hindi lang sya ang nahihirapan, hindi lang sya ang nangungulila, hindi lang sya ang nangangailangan. And the thought of it always strengthen the love Sica have for Yuri, she just wished, she is thinking the same thing as well.

 

“Babe? Where are you? Busy ka ba?” she uttered in a calm tone, expecting a different answer from her. Sa tuwing tatawag sya wala naman ibang sinagot si Yuri kundi ‘busy ako later na lang ha.’

“Good Morning babe, nope, I’m not. Thankfully nagsakto rin oras naten. Kamusta na yung mahal ko…” It was different from what she always hear from her, at the same time Sica unknowingly found another chance for her to keep going.

“Its midnight here though, pero good morning pa rin sayo hehe, I’m good busy rin tulad mo. We have a lot going on since Krystal got engaged na…. so about that, makakauwi ka ba? Kahit sa bridal shower na lang?” Sica nervously asked Yuri, she doesn’t know exactly, what to feel about what she asked her.

“Hmm… Kelan ba yung bridal shower? So I can check my schedules.” Yuri on the onther line, sighed heavily, hoping to find a free week for her to come home.

“Hmm, a month after ng anniversary naten, can you make it? Atleast sa anniversary naten? Last year hindi ka umuwi.” Her tone unexpectedly changed, she doesn’t want to sound aggressive but Sica’s emotions are too strong to control.

“I’m sorry… I don’t think I can go home for the next couple of months­--“

“Hindi na ba magagawan ng paraan yan?”

“I’m trying Sica, it’s just that, sobrang dami lang ginagawa. I want to go home badly, wala lang akong oras talaga.”

“Ano pa bang magagawa ko, so how long will I wait for you to come home?”

“I don’t know, pero I promise, If I can’t make it this year babawi ako next year… please hold on for more days, alam mo naman as much as I want, I can’t.”

“Alam ko naman yon, I’m sorry if I sound angry, I just miss you… that’s all. Gusto na kita makita Yul, dalawang taon ka nang wala sa tabi ko.”

“I know, I know. Sandali na lang to, makakuwi rin ako okay. I love you thank you for always understanding.”

“I love you too.” A five-minute talk with her woman was enough to secure her, not that much, but atleast she knows her efforts and sacrifices will pay off the hardships they are going through.

 

Yuri had always been understanding of her temper, she knows how to calm her, how to soften her and control the emotions that almost wreck her. Yuri was the perfect girlfriend she ever had, the young woman didn’t know she would feel empty just by looking at her woman’s picture displayed on her phone. It was already 4AM, and her thoughts are making her more awake.


…. just come back to me Yul, yon lang kailangan ko, ikaw lang kailangan ko.


Two hours were not enough for Sica, yet Krystal went to her room and gently tapped her shoulder. Dahil sa mababaw ang tulog nito, nagising sya agad at halos namumula pa ang mata nito nang dumilat. Her eyes were barely noticed by her sister or atleast ignored it to lessen her older sister’s worries. However, Sica washed up, prepared her things for another day of being a company employee. In fact, she wanted to leave that company, the smell of papers and sound of clicking staplers are too much for her to handle.

She went down from her room and it was a surprise to see Jongin was there smiling brightly at his girl while her sister held his hands tightly, intertwined their fingers and looked at his eyes dearly. Sica was now reminded of Yuri’s warmth everytime she holds her hand, the young woman tries to stop her tears as she longs for her loving stares and genuine kisses.

A sigh was slightly heard making Jongin look at her direction. Sica was startled by how the young man greeted her, in return she just smiled back at him and walked at their direction. Jongin who was now an inch apart from Sica bowed his respect and laughed nervously, his bubbly side somehow made Sica feel a little lighter than before.

 

“Aalis ka na ba ate?” Krystal slid her fingers from Jongin’s hand and clung unto her sister’s arms.

“Hindi pa, pinapaalis mo na ba ko ha? Ayaw mo man lang ba ko kumain??” She jokingly flicked Krystal’s forehead making Jongin laugh more comfortably.

“Aayain ka nga eh, tara sa labas na tayo kumain, treat nya. Para rin masanay si Jongin na nakikita ka bago kami ikasal.” Krystal wasn’t wrong when she mentioned they’re not close, bukod sa hindi naman nya madalas makita ito, halos kalahati ng buhay nya si Yuri lang din naman ang kasama nya.

“Okay sige, saan ba tayo kakain? Let’s go na baka malate ako sa work.” Jongin stepped out to ready his car while the two girls were still left inside, having a sister talk.

“Oy, ate, may sasabihin pala ako…”

“Ano yon? Kung hindi uwi ni Yuri yan wag mo nang sabihin saken.”

“Ano ba yan, wala na nga si ate Yuri sya pa rin bukangbibig.”

“Oh dali na ano yon?”

“Eh kase tong si Jongin, medyo tanga, diba may night out before bridal shower, ininvite ex mo.” Her expression did not change, seconds after thinking, she looked straight at her sister’s eyes.

“Sino ron? Dalawa ex ko bago si Yuri okay.” Sica was waiting for her to answer.

“Edi si ano, si Yifan, si kuya Kris Wu. Yung pinakamatagal mong boyfriend yung naghabol sayo ng ilang buwan.” Hindi na sya nagulat nang banggitin ni Krystal na si Kris ang inimbita, hindi naman malabo mangyari dahil kaibigan sya ni Jongin. She was excited to catch up with her long-time friend whom she didn’t see for years already.

“Ang gastos ng fiancé mo ha. Daming ganap bago ikasal. Anyway, wala naman saken kung magpunta si Kris don, I’ll bring my friends din para quits kame.” Krystal thought to herself she’s being worried over nothing, and it lifted the burden she was carrying since mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter