"Kaya ba natin?"

Broken Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica held her phone tightly, she knows why Yuri stayed silent for the next couple of minutes. Tahimik lang din sya nakikinig sa hininga nito nang makarinig na sya ng hikbi sa kabilang linya ng telepono. The mere fact she expected it, no can be more painful than hearing your loved one cry in despair.

She wanted to comfort her, she wanted to throw the best words she could think of, but Jessica knows that her woman, in situations like this, would prefer silence over false positivity. Sabagay, words are there to make you feel good, but actions make these words feel better.

Nanatili lang syang tahimik, nakikinig sa bawat hikbing kanyang naririnig. Yuri tried to speak, but she failed to utter the words she wanted to say. However, Sica humm the song they always sing before.


‘Huwag kang matakot, 'di mo ba alam, nandito lang ako? Sa iyong tabi, 'di kita pababayaan kailanman…’

‘At kung ikaw ay mahulog sa bangin… Ay sasaluhin kita…’


They used to sing this lullaby before going to sleep, to the point even their voices fit together, funny how they just used to sing this as an assurance, but now Sica expressed the the comfort of the song. And once someone changes the melody of it, it will never fail to hit differently.

At sinabayan lamang ni Yuri ang pagkanta ng kanyang sinisinta, hanggang sa luminaw ang boses nito, at gumaan ang pakiramdam nila pareho. Indeed, their song will always connect their hearts together.


‘Huwag kang matakot dahil ang buhay mo'y walang katapusan… makapangyarihan ang pag-ibig na hawak mo sa 'yong kamay….’


“Tahan na, hindi ako galit. Wag mo sisihin sarili mo, hindi mo kasalanan, at naiintindihan ko Yuri, please stop crying, it’s hurting me.” Finally, Sica was able to slit her words out of .

“I was selfish, and I am sorry for making you feel that way, I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I am sorry for acting up like this. Alam kong--“ Yuri tried not to crack her voice as she answered.

“Shh, okay lang, okay lang ako, hindi mo kailangan humingi ng sorry saken, your feelings are also valid, it was wrong for us to vent the stress with a heavy heart. And I know all of the things we said are just out of impulse.” For a moment, both of them understood each other’s heart, no words are needed to be expressed, as their soul already knows how to connect the lingering feelings they had inside.

“How can you be so understanding… sobrang hirap lang ako na wala ka sa tabi ko, na kailangan ko tiisin lahat para sayo, ako yung lakas mo eh… at hindi ko alam na nalalayo na pala ako sayo, habang binubuo ko yung pangarap natin pareho.”

“Pwede mo rin naman akong panghugutan ng lakas ng loob, you don’t always need to make yourself look strong in front me, you can be vulnerable at times, our love is there to provide the strength we need.”

 

Para bang huminto ang oras sa pagitan ng linya, at tanging boses lang ng isa’t isa ang naririnig nila, matagal tagal na rin simula nung araw na naramdaman ulit ang bugso ng pag-ibig, nakakapanibago ngunit nakakagaan, parang bumalik sila sa umpisa.

‘Kung iniisip mo baka hindi mo na mahal, bumalik ka sa dahilan kung bakit ka nagsimula’ it was the sole reason why a person never stops loving, a sole reason to keep someone going, a sole reason to make the heart fonder. And a reason why love is the most selfless thing anyone could ever imagine.

 

“At the end of the day, ikaw pa rin yung pahingang hinihintay ko sa gabi. Your voice is enough to give me strength, and I thank you for that, sa lahat ng mga araw na naririnig kita, lahat ng paalala mo sakin, they were the reason’s why I kept going.”

“And hearing you like this is a relief, kaya natin to, wag ka mag alala hihintayin lang kita, maghihintay lang ako hanggang umuwi ka na ulit sakin, nandito lang ako ha, hindi ako aalis sa tabi mo.” the feeling of being reassured washed away all the worries clouding Yuri’s mind, it makes her feel home, it makes her feel there is a future they will both hold.

“Sandali na lang makakabalik na rin ako. Tandaan mo lang na mahal na mahal kita, hindi tayo susuko ha?”

“Hindi tayo susuko.”

 

The couple talked all night, for Sica who was in Manila and all day for Yuri who was in France. They had always thought that being in a long distance relationship would just be as easy as leaving someone a message or checking on them from time to time. For the years passing by, they are learning and growing separately. They are watering each other’s leaves so that they can bloom beautifully in the future.

Hindi maiwasang isipin ni Sica ang mga masasayang panahon na nasa Pilipinas pa si Yuri, ang mga araw na para sa kanilang dalawa lang, ang mga araw na sapat na ang makita ang isa’t isa. Malaki ang nagging pagbabago nila, A good change sabi nga ng iba they were like an inspiration for maturing relationship, the amount of patience and understanding is indeed a true virtue that one must always master. They were the meaning of it, they both have the the two important virtues of love.

Sica who was in a deep thought was interrupted by a notification of Taeyeon’s new artwork. She was happy to see that finally Taeyeon is enjoying the things she always loved to do, and the way Taeyeon learned how to freely express herself through art made her a better person. Minsan na nyang nakita kung gaano kasaya ang kaibigan habang nagpipinta. Other than singing, painting is her passion as well.

 

“Mapuntahan nga si Taeng, hindi pa pala kami nagkikita.” Sica told herself, and when she said they haven’t seen each other for a while, she really mean it.

 

Even Taeyeon and Tiffany haven’t gone together for a while, which worries Sica even more. Sila na nasa iisang bansa na nga lang, hindi pa nagkikita, paano pa sila ni Yuri ilang dagat ang pagitan sa isa’t isa. They were so strong to have that kind of relationship, at the same time, it’s anxiously scary once someone tries to break the ice.


In short, they are in a fragile state, and must handle with so much care for they are easily bent.


The young woman was disturbed from her deep thoughts, when Yuri’s presence peeked inside her head. Sapat na ang isipin sya para gumanda muli ang araw nya, sapat na ang maalala sya sa umaga para gumaan ang pakiramdam nya, hence, the clouds parted as the sunlight tried passing through her glass window and made the room feel better, even the water running on her hands are warmer than they used to be, it was indeed a good weekend for Sica, She wore her most comfortable clothes and tied her brown hair into a messy bun. It’s a perfect day to see a long time friend.

 

“Taeyeon? Good morning, where are you?” with a warm tone from her voice the other line seemed delighted to hear her once more.

“Uy!!! JESSICAAAA!!!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter