"Patawad, paalam." (2)

Broken Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

France. It was their first time, and they can all admit the place was a thousand times more beautiful than any postcard could ever capture. It was so overwhelming, Taeyeon fell in love with it. Other than that, she was so happy that after two long years, they were able to see Yuri and Sooyoung who never went home atleast once. And the funny thing here is, after they flew back in France, Sooyoung and Kyungho almost call their wedding off. The engagement wasn’t proper, as well as it felt rushed, Sooyoung couldn’t be any more frustrated when series of arguements and misunderstanding flooded their relationship, the wedding almost tore them apart that it took them two years before they got back in track.

Now, it was the couple’s ninth year together, and finally the wedding felt more intimate, the wedding felt just right. Taeyeon was one of the bridesmaid, who happened to be running around to see the lad’s soon to be wife. She was so excited that peeking at Sooyoung made her tear up, upon walking inside the room, it soon revealed a nervous woman who was currently writing down all her vows both in a paper and on her phone.

 

“Bakla kinakabahan ako na naeexcite na hindi ko na alam kung ano dapat kong mafeel sa kasal na 'to...tingin mo ba magback out na lang ako??” Taeyeon thought she misheard Sooyoung, but upon waiting for her to repeat her words, the latter just continued whatever she was doing. Nanlaki naman ang mata niya at hindi makapaniwala sa dalaga, muntik-muntikan na niyang masapok ang kaibigan dahil sa sobrang kaba.

“Gago ka ba? Nadelay na nga ‘to ng dalawang taon, tapos sasabihin mo magbabackout ka?? Sumbong kita kay Kyungho eh!” Somehow Taeyeon’s violent reaction lit Sooyoung’s mood up, lessened the anxiety she was feeling and made her smile for the first time today.

“Ulol walang ganon, joke lang eh...di naman mabiro hmpk. Pero kasi nasestress ako sa vows parang kailangan ko muna magmeditate ng matagal bago 'ko maisulat lahat ng gusto ko sabihin.” Taeyeon was so done with her and wished Sooyoung would take her own wedding seriously, it was frustrating how her anxiety started crawling in her as well, just by thinking how she would be so chaotic later, embarrased the out of Taeyeon.

“Alam mo? Ewan ko sayo, ako yung kinakabahan para mamaya shuta ka talaga. Feeling ko you will end up messing your own wedding. My gahd Soo.” Sooyoung at the back of her mind, agreed to Taeyeon, sa sobrang kaba niya, baka tawanan niya lang si Kyungho sa harap. Or much worse, she might end up bawling her eyes out.

“You know you should really stop thinking about me, I’ll be great later okay? I should be more worried about you, kamusta ka? Or should I say how was it trying to avoid Tiffany in all possible occassions?” Taeyeon went silent, in fact, she doesn’t know how to answer that. Dahil sa tinagal ng panahon na magkahiwalay na sila, ni isang beses hindi na talaga sila nagkita. Hindi na nag-usap, at hindi na rin nagkamustahan.

 

They never talked again ever since that specific day on the hospital happened. They never saw or had a glance at each other since Tiffany was still flying, jumping from one place to another, and being the best fashion icon she could ever be. As per Taeyeon, she sticked with Hyoyeon’s team, they went all out with her mixtapes, albums, and even concerts, they became two busy independent people, who just want to fill themselves with love and passion. Going back to Sooyoung’s question, Taeyeon indeed couldn’t answer that, she may purposely done that before, but it didn’t mean she was still purposely doing it now.

And now that she was just here, meters away from her. The young woman’s body started to feel stiff, two years had passed already, it’s impossible for her not to be ready. Since the most wonderful time has come, it was now their turn to make some things fall on their rightful places. And thinking about a sincere and well-organized talk with Tiffany was all she needs to take anyway.

 

“Oh ano na? Tumahimik ka na naman dyan, sabi ko nga hindi na pag-uusapan. But if you don’t mind may itatanong ako sayo, answer me honestly ha, part to ng thesis ko tungkol sayo.” Sooyoung really knows how to push those buttons whenever Taeyeon can’t seem to hold of her own emotions.

“Naka move-on ka na? May bago na ba?” Sooyoung didn’t expect that a grin would be widely plastered in her face; as well as she’s happy to know whether it was a positive or a safe answer.

“Oo at oo. Nakamove-on na, at may bago na rin.” Sooyoung couldn’t help but to exclaim, hearing those words finally come out from Taeyeon’s mouth was like music to her ears. Sa wakas, hindi na masakit, hindi mabigat sa pakiramdam, hindi na niya iiyakan ang mga nasayang nila noon.

“Taeng...I’m so happy for you...” For exactly two years and a half, the young woman’s back on track, she can’t wait to witness another love story her friend will soon tell them, not mentioning that Sooyoung already had an idea who it may be adds excitement to her feelings.

“You know, di ko talaga expect na darating agad sa’kin ‘to, I was willing to wait for more years, ready to wait until time tells me I’m ready, pero look at me now, sabi ko na lang baka eto na talaga ‘yon. Baka hindi ko naman kailangan maghintay masyado, baka dumating na pero ngayon ko lang talaga nakita.” Time went slowly, as their special day turned into something ordinary, Sooyoung could listen to her all day until Taeyeon runs out of stories.

“So kayo na ba or nanliligaw or ikaw yung nililigawan?”

“Gagi ka, hindi pa nga ‘ko umaamin....hehe”

“Tangina mo talaga.”

 

Natawa na lang silang dalawa, hindi nga naman ganon ka bilis ang lahat, para maging sila na, o manligaw siya, o ligawan siya kaagad. Masyado pa sigurong mabilis ang lahat kung mamadaliin man nila ang mga nangyayare. Taeyeon wants to take things slowly and surely, she doesn’t want to end up another Tiffany in her life, or be like the Tiffany in someone else’s. She wanted it to be perfect, something that she thoroughly thought about, and something that she both wanted and loved.

Being in a relationship on her current age, shouldn’t be a trial and error process, every person who tries to come inside should be and deserved to be loved fully. Tiffany must have taught her a lot for Taeyeon to think like this, Tiffany must have hurt her so bad to the extent she doesn’t want anyone to experience it. Time did well for molding the young woman’s heart into something that was still capable to feel love. After all, maybe it wasn’t her emotion that made Taeyeon pure, maybe it was a work of her own self, she was love herself.

Bells were ringing in melody, as the strings of music move in perfect harmony. The way these dimmed lights complemented with the sunset added extra life to the said ceremony, everyone was set; including Taeyeon, Tiffany, Jessica and Hyoyeon. They were all Sooyoung’s bridesmaid, while Yuri? Yuri was her maid of honor, after being with her at the best of times to the worst of times, Sooyoung believed she deserved that spot. Every little thing was absoutely beautiful, the mood of the garden, up until the humidity of the atmosphere, both made the groom and the bride in awe. And to be completely honest? They couple couldn’t ask for more.

However, the wedding will never be the prettiest, if the bride haven’t come out yet. Kyungho and everyone else waited patiently, who would have thought that a single wooden gate will make the groom shiver anxiously, Taeyeon was reminded of what Sooyoung had said earlier, magback out kaya ako? Tama nga siya, her good friend of hers will mess her wedding up. But a few moments after, the bride came, her dress was so perfect it suited Sooyoung very much. However, her groom couldn’t contain his tears, just by watching her walk on the aisle is enough to make him shed a tear.

Taeyeon was feeling so giddy, to the point she can’t help not to talk with her bridesmaid, hindi naman na siguro magtataka ang lahat, kung ang pwede niya lang kausapin dito ay si Jessica, si Yuri, at si Hyoyeon. While Tiffany, she was standing at the end which was the farthest from where Taeyeon was currently standing. It was reasonable and valid to not initiate a conversation with her everytime her friends make way for them. No, not now, not yet.

The attention was drawn back at the couple, when Taeyeon felt Tiffany looking at her direction, it’ll be better if she’ll stop moving for now, and just focus on her favorite person, Sooyoung. Hindi naman niya talaga gustong iwasan ang kaibigan, it’s just that the couple infront should be the center of everyone’s heed and not the people, who you need to and have to deal with. Taeyeon once again remained stiff, she knows, the moment she looks back at her friends will be the moment Tiffany and her eyes will meet.

Silence made the ceremony even more intimate, it is the way garden weddings are just as solemn as church weddings, being able to be one with the nature makes this marriage a special one, like fairies in a fictional movie, the guests felt so magical. Everyone felt like they were princesses of the wild being unified in the creations of the gods. A very traditional way of recognizing and appreciating one’s love found in its surroundings.

 

“Do you, Jung Kyungho, take Choi Sooyoung as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?” Ahh yes, the most awaited part of the gathering.

“I certainly do father, to love and cherish until death do us apart.” His warm stares and genuine smiles made people think of that one specific thing everyone wished; do not seperate this man from his woman ever again.

“And you, Choi Sooyoung, take Jung Kyungho as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?” Sooyoung was crying so much, matapos ba naman ng lahat ng mangyari sa kanila, sa loob ng siyam na taong muntik pang masayang, people can tell where the bride’s emotion was coming from.

“Yes I do, not just today, nor tomorrow, but for all the days I will soon spend with you.” It was short, but hearfelt, she laughed between her tears, and Sooyoung thought to herself, that this will be the most memorable and the happiest day that ever happened in her whole thirty-one years of existence.

“I was a bit nervous, scared, and heartbroken when I thought I wouldn’t get married to the man I had spent for almost nine years. I fear that one day, I’ll wake up without you on my bed, I’ll wake up not getting used to the emptiness or lightweight pillows on my head, I fear the day I won’t ever see you again. But you know what I realized after all the challenges that happened to us? I thought, I am with the man named Jung Kyungho, that man who never gives up on me, who never let go of this hand he held for nine years, who cried as much as I did and the man I know who had the same fears as me. I know that man doesn’t want to lose me, and look us now, look at where we are now. We did it babe! We had finally reached the last and the most beautiful point in life.

And if I will tell you how many times I reimagined this moment, you’d probably be overwhelmed how ready I am when the time comes I will be here, infront of you, fully committing myself to the man I loved and will love for the rest of my years. My friend, my companion, my partner, and the love I asked from above, I promise to never get tired staring at those twinkling eyes who loved me for the very first time, I promise that I will always make you smile, make you laugh, and make you feel every bit of me like how I always did in a span of a lifetime. I, Choi Sooyoung, will not just take you today, nor tomorrow, but for all the days I will soon spend with you. That I, Choi Sooyoung, will take you Jung Kyungho, not just today, but forever, I love you.”

 

Tiffany laid her eyes on Taeyeon, whenever she looked amused by how the flowers bloomed near the trees, whenever she wandered around listening at the sound of water falling softly on the stones, whenever, those eyes of hers was mesmerized and held captive by someone else. Tiffany saw how it sparkled everytime she smiles. Tiffany saw how inlove they were, everytime she laughs.

This wasn’t the first time Taeyeon ever stared like that, she was always the first one to witness such a beautful moment, but it saddens her how simple words could not freely express her emotions. And this isn’t so Taeyeon at all, this was like a new side of her, a new side that was meant to be shown for someone who deserves it all—somehow, it still made her happy to know that her direction was finally found.

Tiffany reminisced all the good memories they shared, including the painful ones, and the buried ones. Tiffany saw a very different Taeyeon from the kind of Taeyeon she had now-—or maybe she just wanted everything to be perfect, she forgot who Taeyeon really was. And maybe, this was really her, this was the real her, the , and unfiltered, soul of hers.

Tiffany, for the second time, laid her eyes on Taeyeon as she listens emotionally to Sooyoung’s well-made vows. She was reminded of that time where both of them actually made one, she can still remember everything she wrote though, she can still remember every word and depth she poured into. Tiffany thought to herself does Taeyeon still remember what she wrote? Do Taeyeon, right at this moment had a glimpse of the vows she made? Tiffany hopes she doesn’t.

Because Tiffany hopes, Taeyeon will create new promises to the love her of life she have now. That someone who will pour the same amount and depth of words to the intensity of efforts she will give. Because out of everyone, it is Tiffany who will be the happiest once this day come for her too.

 

“From the first day you said yes to me and be my girlfriend, up to this day when you said yes to be my wife, people told me, ‘Sana all.’ ‘Sana all Kyungho.’ But this isn’t supposed to be me, it should be ‘Sana all may Sooyoung’ sana all may umiitindi kahit malayo kayo isa’t isa, sana all hindi nagsasawa kapag hindi kayo nakakapag-usap, sana all hindi bumibitaw kapag walang-wala ka na, sana all pinanghahawakan ang pangarap kahit muntik na silang mawala, sana all talaga Choi Sooyoung. And I hope it wouldn’t just be me who will get to experience such great love from the person who you are destined to be. I hope it wouldn’t just be us who can and will write their own beautiful story and share it to your own family, I hope everyone will be loved like how you, Choi Sooyoung ever loved me. And, you know how I don’t usually pray to all the god’s out there, you know how we always argue about that matter until I comply for whatever you wanted me to do.

This time, I prayed on my own, I prayed that our stars will never stop conspiring that no matter what happens a Jung Kyungho should and must meet a Choi Sooyoung in the next lifetimes he’ll ever have, I prayed for another me meeting another you, so both of us in different dimentions will always be happy; and that’s what I will promise you, I’ll promise to be with you, to love you and to hold you not just in the past, or in the present, but until the future that’s about to come ahead. I, Jung Kyungho, will take my Choi Sooyoung to all the journeys and stories that will soon to be told, I love you more babe.”

 

Cheers were louder than usual and an applause excitingly surrounded the kiss both Kyungho and Sooyoung intimately shared. The rings worn on their finger looked perfect today, it suited their hands it was like an asset that everyone will admire. And one of them was Jessica, they used to have that rings too, they used to have a promise wrapped around their finger reminding them not to let go of anything they had for each other. Jessica never thought she would still found beauty in it, she never thought it would still bring love for others, when it only brought pain to them. But that’s not what made her admired the rings more, it is the way rings were not the one’s who make the people inlove, it not the material things that strengthens the relationship,

It was the people who wore it, it was the people who makes material things look beautiful. And maybe that’s where it failed, that’s where their relationship broke apart, rings are not there to carry out the promise, it is the promise that makes rings filled with love its a symbol that solidified the object into a something more, something beyond its ordinary meaning. Yuri was just a person away from her, but ever since the ceromony started, she hasn’t look behind taking a glance at them, up until this moment, Yuri made sure to avoid any of her strong gazes.

Jessica gave up trying to catch one, since she wouldn’t anyway. How was life here? She thought to herself, thinking about how the most beautiful things are in this country she hoped Yuri, in a span of two years, became happy. She hoped, that life here was less tragic, less traumatic than what she had with her. Two years had passed, and Jessica still feels lonely, Jessica still feels empty, ever since she lost the love of her life, it never stopped, pain hit harder than before, isolation felt more than it did years ago.

And yes, she came alone, or she did come with their friends, but Yifan wasn’t with her. Kris was on his own now, living a life free from responsibilities, and free from the love intact in his memories. Jessica finally ended whatever connects them together, and who would have thought Kris would want the same for her; that Yifan who clings until their son will grow into a fine man, that Yifan who promised to be by her side at all times, who will never leave a friend in need, who will spend his days until she was fully healed. Who would have thought, that Yifan she trusted, was now gone, living on his own, and coping up with life.

It wasn’t much of a big deal for Jessica though, they finally agreed to end it. They agreed to just be two independent people, who shared good memories together, although Jessica was a bit sad about it, but atleast everyone she hurted are now happy.

Noises coming from the crowd’s tedtalk filled the atmostphere of the reception, the newlyweds are busy dancing as the maid of honor finishes her speech. Jessica and the rest of their friends are at the front table watching Yuri take charge of the guests. Surely this time, it’ll be hard for her to laid these eyes directly at the audience, surely this time, it’ll be harder not to make contact with Jessica, since the maid of honor must engage small conversations with them, and not to mention that these people are her close friends, its very impossible for Yuri to avoid it.

 

“Yuri!! It’s been eithy-four years! Pero parang pumumangit ka lang.” Hyoyeon after two long years, never change at all, not even a bit. After all, Yuri who was away from her, sort of missed it.

“Alam mo ikaw sana hindi ka magkajowa, tangina ka talaga.” Everyone laughed, including Jessica, who still hopes Yuri might atleast bear a light smile.

“Grabe naman ‘yon bakla. Ang sweet mo naman sa’min. Pero sana sweet ka rin sa kanya...” The young woman laughed awkwardly, as the rest of her friends gave way for Jessica. She was a bit tensed to see her this near, but Yuri managed to look at those desperate eyes of hers begging for attention.

“It’s...nice to see you...” Finally, Jessica had the chance to say these words to Yuri, she thought, even if the latter wouldn’t bother responding, there will be no problem at all.

“You too.” She smiled confidently, trying to ease the tension between them. It didn’t last that long, when Tiffany interrupted the moment, after all, they shouldn’t be staying up here for too long though.

“You know guys, lets make this quick okay? After the party na lang tayo magkamustahan.” Yuri got back to her senses when she realized both sides still have their families and relatives lined up.

 

Lights were flashing as well as big smiles were plastered in each and everyone’s face. Some did their best to look good on the picture, while the others made it a photoshoot. It wasn’t much of a big deal for the newlyweds, since they always loved being creative with anything, no one can stop these dorks from being their chaotic selves whenever they are with each other, it's been years, they probably missed doing something like this. Besides, no one would want it to look too formal though, these are important moments that has had to be captured in paper.

It was now Tiffany’s turn to go back on their table when a pair of cold hands grabbed her arm. Little did she knew, Taeyeon followed her in the comfort room just so they could talk with each other.

 

“Miyoung.” Miyoung. How long has it been already since the last time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter