"Akala ko nandiyan pa."

Broken Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

And days had passed the Kwon’s residence are filled with flowers and candles, however, the coffin is the center of everyone’s attention. As soon as their relatives recieved the news, Jessica and the rest of Yuri’s closest friends went to visit. Alam na niya ngayon kung bakit bigla na namang nagbago si Yuri, alam na nila ngayon kung bakit wala siyang sinabi sa kanila, it’s not because she doesn’t want to, it’s because she still can’t accept it.

It took her days and nights bago pa niya tuluyang tinanggap, at ngayong nasa harap na niya ang lahat, mas nararamdaman niya yung sakit. Everyone who passes by left tears on the coffin, some couldn’t take it, some silently stare at it. And everyone she sees infront left tears on her cheeks as well, ito kasi yung sakit na habang buhay nakabaon sa puso, even if she tries to take it out from her chest, masakit pa rin.

She made herself look busy, lakad dito lakad doon, abot ng pagkain, dala ng kape. She made sure hindi siya mababakante, ayaw niyang tumigil dahil tumingin lang siya saglit sa kabaong ng ama, alam niyang hindi na titigil ang luhang namumuo sa kanyang mga mata. Her brother did the same, both of them didn’t stop from working if that’s gonna make the pain stop from hurting. Distraction, that’s how they will describe it.

The clock dropped the first three hours, and Yuri’s body is giving up already, hindi siya nagpapahinga, hindi siya humihinto, and now that she’s all burned out, yung akala niyang pawis sa mukha, ay luha na pala. She did her best to hide them until everyone went back home. And knowing once they slowly start leaving, the pain will also start crawling its way back to her heart.

She collects herself and started cleaning up, when her friends suddenly came inside, as much as she doesn’t want them to see her like this, there is no other choice but to flash another smile at them. Jessica was infront of Yuri and she didn’t like her greeting, Sooyoung who knew everything saw how her feelings and emotions worsened. However, Taeyeon and Tiffany smiled back, it wasn’t sweet, but it wasn’t bitter either, they wanted her to feel the comfort coming through. And there is Hyoyeon, her very own bestfriend, who was just standing at the back, refusing to make an eye contact..

Yuri tried to hold her tears; no she shouldn’t cry after all, it’s enough for tonight, she had a whole month to cry over her loss. Hindi na niya tinignan ang mga kaibigan ng matagal at pinapasok na lang sila loob ng bahay. On the other hand, Jessica stayed, from where she is still standing, hindi siya gumalaw. Ayaw niyang iwan mag isa si Yuri, knowing how she badly needs her presence, hinintay niyang huminto and tumingin ito, but she was firm, and didn’t stop.

 

“Yuri... look at me...” Jessica whispered, but she acted as if she didn’t heard anything.

“Yuri, magpahinga ka muna...” For the second time Jessica did her best to comfort her woman and yet Yuri remained stubborn.

“I’ll be fine babe, you go with our friends.” Without glancing, Yuri continued whatever she is writing. Alam niyang pag huminto ito, gagapang na naman ang sakit na pinipigilan niyang maramdaman.

 

Napayuko na lang si Jessica at umalis na nang tuluyan, the moment Yuri couldn’t see any traces of her woman. She clenched her teeth as she stares in space intently, alam niyang lalo siyang mahihirapan dahil nandito yung taong pinaka ayaw niyang nakikita siyang nasasaktan.

And so she didn’t went to see them, na kahit gustong gusto na niyang yakapin silang lahat nagpigil pa rin siya. She made her brother go after her friends at siya ang nagserve sa natitirang mga tao sa loob, as the moon rises up high in the sky, their neighbors left one by one, making Yuri’s heart race once again, wala na siyang distraction, wala na siyang ginagawa, and this time masisilayan na niyang muli ang ama.



For the first time, she didn’t like the idea of resting, parang ayaw niya pang huminto, ayaw niya pang magpahinga.



She sat where she can be away from them, kung nasa likod sila ngayon, naupo siya sa harap, in that way they wouldn’t see her cry, and she wouldn’t see how worried they are. That distance between them gave a wide gap not only with their bodies but a gap deep down in their hearts.

No one dared to touch Yuri, no one dared to talk to her, and the sight of the young woman flashing a smile at everyone hurted Jessica the most, not just the girlfriend, even their friends don’t want to look at how fragile she is. They couldn’t do anything knowing Yuri is currently hating the rest of them, and so they stayed a distance from her where they can make Yuri feel that they are here for her.

Jessica came and sat beside Yuri, she wanted to make her woman feel it’s okay to keep crying, it’s okay to feel sad and miserable, and it’s okay to fall down knowing how she would still catch every peices of her. She made Yuri lean her head on Jessica’s neck and from there, the lass finally let out her pain, Yuri wrapped her arms around Sica and let herself gave in. However, Jessica cried in silence, it hurts to see her continuously like this, it hurts to see her smile turn into tears.

Their friends who stayed from a distance, couldn’t hold their sobs anymore, hindi na lang si Yuri ang nasasaktan, kahit sila, lahat sila. Hindi na nakapag pigil si Hyoyeon at nauna siyang lumapit kay Yuri, they all went next to her and the young woman cried harder, maybe because despite her anger, she will always have a soft spot for everyone who did their best to comfort her.

The sight of them made Yuri’s brother stop from cleaning all the tables, he slumped at a chair and cried his heart out, ilang oras niya rin kinimkim yung luha, siguro naman ngayon pwede na ulit siyang umiyak ng sobra. However, their mother is nowhere to be found, maybe she’s crying in silence, or maybe she’s hiding herself so that her children will be less worried. Nonetheless, everyone inside are left broken trying to find comfort with each other.

Both of his children stood from where they are sitting, her friends let go of her, while he set aside the rag he was holding, they walked towards the coffin and stared at their father who was peacefully laying down. For the second time, Yuri didn’t hold back, she leaned her body at the thin glas wanting to hug her father for the last time, she burried her face wanting him to hear all her yearning. The brother sat down at the edge of the coffin, trying to feel his presence again, he clenched his fist upon holding the flowers near him just so he could hand the only memory they had with their father.

They stayed in that position until their mother came to save her broken children. She pulled them into a hug, enough to make them feel everything’s going to be okay, masakit sa ngayon, masakit sa mga susunod pang mga araw, at mas sasakit pa sa humahabang panahon, but they know they have to trust time once more, na kahit ilang beses man silang mabigo at matalo, there is strength inside of it, they just have to look for it.

Ilang oras pa ang dumaan bago sila kumalma ng husto, Yuri and her friends are now outside of the house. And as the night deepens, the tension le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter