I'll Be There

One Step Closer

 

“What are you talking about?!” You raised your voice.

“They are my children right?” He really eager to know.

“No! How many times should I tell you that they are not yours! They are my kids. Leave us alone!” You turn your body to walk away from him but he grabbed your hands.

“Then who is their father? Why their name are Park too, huh?” He still wanna dig up.

“So what?! You are not the only Park on earth! Let go of me!” You tried to pulled your hands from him.

“Their age is the almost the like the years we break up. Just tell me the truth, ______. I begged you.”

“Let go of me.” You ignored what he said and still trying to escaped from him.

“No! Tell me first!”

“You’re hurting me!” You groaned. “For God sake, you wanna let everyone see us like this, huh?”

“Sorry..” He let go of you.

“Eommaaaaaaaaaaaaa..” Jane and Danny runs towards you.

“Eomma.. where did you go? We search for you everywhere..” Jane pouted.

“Sorry baby. What’s wrong?” You caressed her hair.

“Eomma, did you just fight with Leeteuk-ahjussi?” Jane caught you.

“No, dear.. Why are you guys searching me baby?” You look at your twins.

“Eomma.. this is the registration for the the soccer team. I told you I wanna join this before..” Danny passed me the form.

Leeteuk still standing there. You read the form. 3 days camp. The fees is 500 000 won. Oh my. Even 500 000 won per year, You don’t think I can support it now. You still haven’t get my salary yet and if you have it too it wouldn’t be enough. Living expenses in Seoul really high. But you couldn’t break Danny’s heart. He always love to play soccer and always wanted to play soccer and join this kind of things. He even promised to you to be agood boy and always taking care of his sister. But the problem is you shot of savings right now. You furrowed your eyebrows thinking what should you do.

“Eomma..can I? You promised me before..” Danny pouted.

“When is the last day of payment honey?” You ask him while Leeteuk just observing you guys.

“Miss Han said end of this week.” He answered you with sad face. You guessed he must know what you have been thinking.

“How much it cost Danny?” Leeteuk suddenly in.

“None of your business.” You quickly said before either Danny or Jane answer him. “Danny.. don’t worry. Let’s talk this at home okay?” You hold both Danny and Jane’s hands and walk away from Leeteuk. You heard him sighed.

 

*

 

You quickly run along the pedestratian pathway since you noticed that you were already late to pick Jane and Danny from school. They must probably hungry and tired waiting for you. You was so worried. You are late because of you have a few discussion with your co-workers. You run all your might and reached at the gate of the kindergarden but you didn’t see Jane or Danny where they used to wait for you. You are so nervous. You looked around but there is no kids around anymore. you started to worried until you see Miss Han approaching you.

“Miss Han, where is Jane and Danny?”

“Oh, Miss Lee, someone already picked them up. He said that he is your family’s friend. And Jane and Danny seems to know him too. So I let him picked them. I thought that you must have been busy to tell me about it.”

You furrowed your eyebrows. Could be Donghae? Kyuhyun or Eunhyuk? But they didn’t tell you anything at all. “Oh, okay. Never mind, I’ll try to contact him later on. Thankyou Miss Han~” You bowed to her.

“Miss Lee, just to informed you that Danny’s soccer training will be starting next three weeks. He will be having camp with his other classmates that join this training. Please pack what he needed, okay?” Miss Han gives a big smile to you.

“But..But.. Miss Han, I didn’t pay the fees yet..” You are getting more confused.

“Oh, your friend already settled that just now.” She gives her smiles again.

“Jinjja? Arasso..Gomawo you Miss Han..” You thanked her again and bowed. She bowed back at you and went into the kindergarden. You walk from the kindergarden while taking out your phone inside your bag. You dialed a number.

“Eunhyukie oppa! Are my kids with you right now?” you started to questioned him as soon as you heard his voice.

“Mwo? Aniyo.. I am at MV filming set right now. Waeyo? Is something happened?”

“Jeongmal yo? Oppa, never mind, I call you back. I need to ask Kyuhyun or Donghae.”

“But Kyuhyun is filming his musical right now and Donghae is Thailand.”

“Seriously? Oppa, I got to find my kids. Someone picked they up from school and I thought it was you guys. Ottokhae? What if…” You started to worried.

“_____-ah, rilex first. Don’t panic. Try to remember who is closest with you or them beside us. And try to look around first. I try to contact Kyuhyun first okay? Maybe he can help you..”

“Arasso oppa..”

You hung up the phone and keep it inside your bag. You tried to think who would be the one who pick your kids. But you have no idea. It cant be Miyoung since Miyoung are also working out station. You started to fastened your walks and walks around there. Trying to search your kids. Maybe they still around you hope. You passed a few blocks of shops and restaurants. While passing there you still try to peeked inside if there is possibility your kids is inside there. You are so worried right now. Jane and Danny are the only person you had in this world and you’d never thought of losing them. You walk passed by the stores almost running.

You don’t know where your directions is but you keep on walking until you pass by a park. You walk through there and saw a playground. Not many kids were playing there since it is still in the middle of the day. As you were searching. You saw a male figure sitting on the bench with a girl sitting on his lap. You moved closer to them following your instinct. And you are right. Jane are sitting on Leeteuk’s lap while Leeteuk is feeding her an icecream. Both two were looking at Danny who is playing on the monkey bar. You are about to approached them when suddenly you saw Danny runs towards you and quickly hugged your waist.

“Eommaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.” Jane’s turns and she hugged you too. You squat down facing them.

“Jane, Danny. Where did you go? You are making eomma worried. Why didn’t you wait for me?” Your voice cracked.

“Mianhae eomma.. uljimaaa.” Danny said and cirled his hands around your neck and hugged you tightly.

“_______-ah. Sorry that I didn’t tell you before. I tried to contact Hyukjae, Donghae and Kyuhyun asking for your number but they are not reachable. I am so sorry for making you worried. I didn’t meant to..”

“I’ve told you not to involved in any of my family’s matters. What is wrong with you?! Is it hard for you to understand that I don’t want you to be closed with my children?” You raised your voice.

“Eomma, don’t be mad at Teuk-ahjussi. He got me into the soccer’s training..” Danny defends Leeteuk.

“Ne..eomma.. he treat us lunch too. Teuk ahjussi is not a bad person.”Jane added.

“Baby, lets just go home.”

“But eomma need to go to work is it?” Danny look at you.

“I already passed my lunch hour, I guess I should just take a half day leave.” You sighed.

“______ , I am terribly sorry. Trust me but I just wanted to be rensposible for Jane and Danny.” Leeteuk trying to get your attention since you’ve been ignoring him.

“What rensponsibility are you talking about Leeteuk-ssi? Forget it. This is not like what you were thinking. By the way, I will pay back everything to you. Please gives me some times to pay you back.”

 

*

NO ONE POV

At a restaurant.

“Guys! I went to Jane and Danny’s school earlier and look what I’ve found.” Leeteuk passed a paper to Eunhyuk’s hands and Kyuhyun quickly joined him to see the content of the paper. “I asked their teacher for their record and profile and this is what I get.”

“What?!” The two of them almost shouted after reading the content.

“So it is true..” Kyuhyun said slowly.

“What are you going to do next hyung?” Eunhyuk asked full of curiousity.

“Let her admit with her own words. I am going to make her say that it is true.” Leeteuk said.

“Hyung.. you are not going to do something bad aren’t you?” Eunhyuk sound worried.

“No, Hyukjae. I am not going to hurt anymore.”

 

*

Kyuhyun knock the door a few times but still no answer. He press the bell again but still no one opened the door. He almost gives up when finally someone open the door. But she is not someone that he wanted to see.

“Err, I think..wrong house.. Sorry~” He bowed.

“Cho Kyuhyun? Super Junior’s Kyuhyun?” That woman seems mesmerized seeing a celebrity in front of her like she never seen one.

“A..a..yes..” Kyuhyun scratched his head.

“Imo! Kyuhyun-samcheon?” Suddenly Jane poped out from the back of the door. “Kyuhyun-samcheon!” She immeadiately moves closer to Kyuhyun and cling to him.

“Jane!” Kyuhyun lifted her and gives a pecked on her cheek.

“I think you wanna meet  ______ is it? Come in. She is inside.” Miyoung guided Kyuhyun to enter.

Kyuhyun glad that he got the right house and enter the house while still carrying Jane is his hand.

“Kyuhyun samcheon!” Danny runs toward him and hugged him. He squat down and gives a peck on Danny’s cheek too.

“Oh, oppa, you’re here?” You gives him a smile with a ladle on your hands and an apron attached to you. You were busy cooking the dinner.

“Yeah~ I thought I went to the wrong house.”

You chuckled a bit. “This is Miyoung. She is my friend. She works at the same place with me too. Miyoung-ah, this is Kyuhyun. You know right?”

Miyoung still speechless when Kyuhyun offers to shake hands with him.

“Miyoung-ah! What’s wrong with you? Like you never see a celebrities before.” You pushed Miyoung’s lightly.

“I..i am your fan..” He grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand that he offered to shake hands with.

“Glad to hear that.” Kyuhyun smiles.

“Oppa.. you sit first okay? I am going to cook. Stay for dinner okay?” You get into the kitchen again after seeing Kyuhyun is nodding.

You finished your cooking a few minutes later and invited Kyuhyun and the others to the dining table. All of you guys had the dinner with full of joy. Jane and Danny are the most excited. They keep on telling Kyuhyun what happened in their schools and so much more stories. You are glad to see Kyuhyun is enjoying the meal too since he said that he missed your cooked. Then little talkative Jane being so ‘friendly’ inviting Kyuhyun to come for dinner everynight. After all of you guys had your dinner, Kyuhyun’s signaling you that he had something to talk to you. Miyoung quickly get it and asked the twins to helped her cleaning the dishes. Luckily the twins didn’t opposed so much. You bring Kyuhyun to the living room and guided him to sit on the couch. You then sit next to him facing himself.

“I heard that Leeteuk-hyung ‘kidnapped’ Jane and Danny today.” He starts his conversation.

You just nodded.

“You mad at him after that?” He continued.

“I can’t fully mad at him although I wanted to. He seems to be so ‘angel’ in Danny and Jane’s eyes. He paid the fees for Danny’s soccer training.” You sighed.

“Well, why you wanna get mad? Donghae hyung, Eunhyuk hyung and me have been spending some money towards your kids too. Don’t get me wrong. What I meant is out of us, why it is only him you wanna be this mad?”

You smirked. “Oppa, have you forgotten what he did to me few years ago? I still mad him to be honest. I don’t wanna get attached to him anymore. I used to gave him second chance but he destroyed everything! I actually don’t wanna have any connection with him at all. But..” You sighed.

“I understand you. But I knew you. You wouldn’t always keep you hatred feelings to someone this long. TOP hyung used to have bad relationship with you too but you was okay with him after that. But why not Leeteuk hyung? Could be.. he had done some mistakes that remarkable to you until today?” Kyuhyun’s words seems to have other meaning but you managed to still act like nothing happened.

“TOP is different. Your hyung is different. Oppa, please don’t questioned me about my hatred feelings toward him anymore. I just can't accept him and I don’t like seeing him closer to my kids.”

“Fine. But ______.” He gabbed your hands and hold your hands. “If you need anything, just tell me okay? Anything. I will be there for you.” He smiled.

His gaze. His smiles. His looked towards you is so different. He still holding tight to your hands. It is not like evilmaknae you used to know. The one who always knocked you and teased you everytime. He seems so different. Maybe he is all grown up and matured. You just make an assumption. But your heart does feels weird. It’s been awhile since a guy stared and hold you like that. But you quickly ignored that feelings.