New Start

One Step Closer

 

This story would be fast foward to the future where all the SJ members already reached their 30's and some are almost

30. hehe. ;)

COMMENTS ARE LOVED! SO DOES SUBSCRIBERS heart

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

YOUR POV

Kringg! Krringg!

Your pick up your phone.

“Yeobesaeyo, Miss Han?” You greet Miss Han first as you saw her name appeared on your phone’s screen.

“Miss Lee. Sorry to bother you but this is about your kids. Can you come to kindergarden now? Danny just fought with his classmates.”

You sighed listening to that. This is not the first time. For the past six months, you keep on changing their kindergarden since this issue always happened. You ended up changing their kindergarden to avoid them fighting with other kids but no use. Their teachers would call you most every weeks telling you they had fight and such and you always had to leave your work for that. You know you cant be mad at them since it is your fault at the beginning.

“Yoon-ahjumanim.. I am sorry but can I take half day leave? I need to pick up my kids.” You said to the owner of the restaurant. Your boss.

“Yah! How many times you already take MCs and leave in the middle of working?! You think this restaurant is yours? I hired you to work for me but you seems taking it for granted. You even always bring your kids to here! You think all this time I didn’t said anything I was fine with it, huh?” She started to nagged at you.

“But ahjummanim.. I told you to cut my salary if I am not working..and..”

She cut your words. “Enough! Just leave! Don’t come back anymore!”

“Ahjummanim!”

“Go!”

You let out deep sighed. You packed all your stuffs in your bags and get out from the restaurant. You just work for two months and now you got fired. How could thid happening? You cant blame you boss, ex-boss. You always leave in the middle of work for your kids. Nothing is right in your life right now. You have no money to raise your kids properly. To give them  a better life. But you are glad you have them since they are the best things that happened in your life. Yes, them. You have a paired fraternal twin. A boy and a girl. Danny and Jane. 4 years old soon to be 5.

You arrived to their kindergarden and saw both of them sitting on the bench infront of the door. When they see you, they keep their head down. Looking blankly at the ground. Then you saw their teacher, Miss Han. Miss Han smile at you and greet you properly.

“I am sorry for calling you in the middle of the work Miss Lee.”

“Never mind.”You smile at her. “What happened Miss Han?”

“They were playing in the playground and suddenly I heard Danny and Hwang Sung Hae were fighting. I saw Danny on top of Sung Hae and punched that boy’s face. Actually, as you know, Hwang Sung Hae’s father is the biggest donaters in here so we cant really punished his son. I hope you can advise Danny something, Miss Lee.”

“I understand. Sorry for causing trouble Miss Han.” You bowed 90 degrees at her. After that she leave you only with your kids. You look at both of them.

“Eomma..It is not oppa’s fault. Don’t scold oppa. It is my fault too. Sung Hae teased me first.” Jane starting her story with innocent looks.

You squat down so that you will be the same level with Danny and Jane. “Tell me what happened Jane.” You know asking Danny wont get any answer. So you asked your daughter.

“I was playing alone then Sunghae come with his friends and started to teased me. They said that we are poor. And they said that..” She stopped and glancing at her brother.

“Said what Jane, baby?” I asked her.

“They said that we have no father! They said uri appa left us because he didn’t love us.” Danny answer me after seeing Jane was hesitating.

Why it has to be this issue again all the time?

“Eomma.. Jinjja yo? Uri appa left us because he didn’t love us?” Jane asked innocently.

“Danny, Jane.. You know that is not true. I had told you before right? That appa is so busy working. He travels form country to country. That is why he is not with us.” A lie you didn’t have to tell.

“Will appa come back?” Jane asked again.

“If you guys be a good girl and boy, appa will sure come back.” You smile at them.

Suddenly  your phone is ringing. You stand up and pick up the phone. It was Mi Young. Mi Young is your best friends who knows everything about you. Since you migrates to Korea, Mi Young have been your best friends. More than that, your family. She always helped you in everything. She is so close to the twins and can be considered as their second mother.

“Yah.. where are you? Let’s go lunch together.” You heard her voice as soon as you pick up the phone.

“I am at the kindergarden. Picking up Danny and Jane.”

“That’s great. We can have lunch together. It’s been awhile I didn’t see my babies. Lets me at the restaurant you’re working.” Mi Young suggesting you.

“Ehmm, Mi Young. There is no way I’m going there today. I just got fired.” You directly said to her. There is almost no secret between you and her.

“Again?” You heard her sighed. “Fine, Let us meet at the restaurant nearby your place then. See you there.”

I hung up the phone and look at my kids. “Lets go eat with Mi Young imo (aunt) now. You must be hungry, right?”

They just nodded lightly. Still looking sad.

“Danny, Jane. Look, eomma didn’t mad at you guys at all. Don’t be sad. Ignore what people wanna say about us. They can say anything they like but only we and our family know us the best. I love you guys so much. don’t you love me?”

No answer. You pout your lips. “You don’t love eomma at all? Okay..” I turn around and pretend to walk away.

“Eomma!” I heard both of them called me and both grabbed each of my hands. I squat down.

“Eomma. I love you. I am so sorry. I promised you I wont fight anymore.” Danny hugged me.

“Eomma..I love you too..” Jane started to sobs then she hugged me too.  I hugged them tightly.

It always happened when either one of them said something sad, the other one will start crying as soon as the the other one finished his/her words. And they end up crying together.

“I love you more. Now, don’t cry and lets go see Mi Young imo, okay?” I kissed both cheek after that. They kissed my cheek respectively then.

 

*

 

“Aww~ my cute prince and princess are here~~ Let imo kiss you.. I miss you guys so much!” Mi Young so excited when she saw Jane and Danny. She immediately hugged them and kissed them continuously. She guided them to sit on the chair next and ask them what they wanted to eat. After ordering for both us, she finally have a serious conversation with you.

“What is your plan next?”

“What do you mean?” You blurred.

“Where are you going to work, silly..”

“Oh.” I nodded. “I don’t know. I’m going to search for one tomorrow after sending them to the kindergarden.”

“Eomma.. I don’t wanna go to that school anymore. Sunghae definitely going to bully us and beat oppa again..” Jane started to whined.

“Jane..please don’t make it hard for me. It just around two months you were in that school. You can’t simple change school when you involved into fight..” You explained to her.

“What did Sunghae do to you guys?” Mi Young asked them.

“He and his friends teased me first and when oppa defends me, they kick oppa. That is why oppa beat him back. But Miss Han blaming oppa..” Jane pouted. This girl sure does talk a lot.

“Aishh! That brat. How could he did this to you guys. Never mind, later imo will find him and scold him. Arasso?” You know Mi Young words just to make Jane feels better.

Mi Young turn to look at you then. “Yah, my boss need new stylist. You want to be one? Come on, good payment. I already save a spot for you. Before I came here, I told my boss that you’ll come tomorrow so no excuse. So how?”

“Mi Young-ah, you already decided for me by saying to your boss that I will come tomorrow.. What’s left for me? Of course I had to come.” You rolled your eyes.

Miyoung works at advertising company where they always having a photoshoot and film making for commercial board, posters and even for television. You just followed her idea since you really do need a job to support your living with your kids.

 

*

 

The next morning although you have to struggled with Jane since she still arguing not going to school but you managed to convince her to go to school with some help from Danny’s words try to convicing her sister that he will take care of her. You are so lucky Danny is kinda matured at his age. He understand you even he still a kid. You went to Miyoung’s company by yourself and meet her after that. She brings you to her boss and introduced you to her boss. Her boss, Mr. Yang is such a nice person. After interviewing you, he accepted you and ask you to work from that moment as their new stylist. Of course you experienced in this things since a few years ago you are the one who stylist need to be stylized. Yes, you are a celebrity back then. You couldn’t say more and started working. You thanked him and feeling so blessed. Miyoung was too happy and started to introduced you to most of the staffs there. For the moment, Mr Yang told you that you will be under MiYoung ‘s guidance and observation.

On the first day working, you had your first meeting with other staffs. They actually planned to make a new commercial video for a contact lens for a company. They were discussing on who should they picked as model and what concept should they bring out. you had about almosttwo hours meeting with other staffs and so far everything was still good. You feel happy that everything is okay at the moment.

After finished the discussion, you went out to pick your children. You walk in the pathway and busy checking your phone until you bumped to someone and fall on to the hard floor. You groaned in pain and and try to stand up. The guy that you bumped to jelped you to stand up. You stand up without looking his face.

“Miss, are you okay?” That guy asked.

“I am fine. Sorr..” You look at him. Damn! What should I do. He can’t see me but he already did. You started to panicked. You want to run away but you cant since he already gripped your hand.

“Miss, do I know you? You seems too familiar.” He seems like trying to figure you out.

“Err.. I don’t think so..” You stuttered.

“No.. I think so. Wait..“ He seems like recalling something.

“Look, I am busy right now.. I have to..”

“I know you! You are ______! Right?” He excitedly said and immediately hugged you. “What are you doing here? How have you been? What are you doing now? How come you seems didn’t recognize me at all, huh?”

“Woah, one question at a time.” You let go from his hugged. “I am working here and I am fine, thankyou. And I was just..emm..” You tried to find an excuse. “I was just testing you..” Stupid lie.

“Aigoo. My dongsaeng is so cute and still pretty as always!” He pinched your cheek.

How could he treat me like pass 5 years ago. I am not that young anymore. so does he. You think to yourself.

“Oppa…I am not little girl anymore”

He let go of you. Then he chuckled. “Sorry. I just missed so you so much.”

You smiled at him. “Me too. But oppa, can you do me a favour? Please don’t tell others that you’ve met me. I am not ready  yet.”

“I understand. But let me atleast have your phone number. At least I can still contact you.” He grinned.

“Okay. But keep it as secret from others okay?” You exchange your phone number with him. Later you excused yourself realizing that you already late to picked up your kids. You excused yourself by telling you have works to do. Not telling that you need to picked your kids. You don’t want him to get the wrong idea.