Taken.

Heart For 2

 

Dinner came out well and it was your first time cooking. You did struggle at some bits but L was there to lend a hand. He decided to stay over for dinner.

In a way, you felt bad for that conversation you had with him earlier. You could tell that he was hiding the fact that he was heartbroken.

You haven’t yet talked to Sunggyu yet because every time you tried calling him, it would tell you to leave a voice mail. You wondered where he was and he never called you.

You were putting away the dishes while thinking of Sunggyu. You still couldn’t believe that the both of you would have to separate. The thought of saying goodbye to Sunggyu made you shudder. The plate suddenly slipped out of your hand and met with the ground breaking in pieces. You shrieked as you backed away.

“Opps.” You sighed and knelt down to the floor. L came running in with Minji in his arms. You reached out for the glass piece and cut your finger and blood started to drip from the cut.

“Don’t touch it!” L said. He placed Minji on the counter. “Stay still, okay Minji.”

L came to your side, he noticed how your head was facing the floor. You gazed at the broken plate on the floor.

“Gwenchana?” He helped you up. He helped you up to stand up and you slowly nodded. Sungyeol came down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“What happen –“ Then he saw the broken plate on the floor. He pulled you and L away.

“I’ll clean this up. You bring Minji out.” He said to L and L carried Minji in his arms while you walked out to the washroom to get a bandage. L started feeling concerned, he hated to see you this way.

He put Minji down in the living room so that she could play with her teddy bears. L went to look for you in the washroom. He was outside of the washroom and watched you as you slowly took out of the first aid kit.

*I love Sunggyu too much to say goodbye to him…* Your lips quivered and your vision became blurry. You took the bandage out of the first aid kit but someone took it away from you. You looked to your side and blinked a few times to clear your tears.

L used his thumb to wipe your tears away. “What’s going on?” He asked with sympathy. He waited for you to answer as he took the bandage out of the wrapper and wrapped it around your cut.

“Did you know Sunggyu’s my teacher?” You asked him. L stopped and looked up at you. “Are you joking around with me?” He asked and you shook your head. Of course he knew you wouldn’t be playing with him at a time like this.

“So, the other day when we were on the news, our relationship was exposed to the world.” You said to him. Now L felt guilty. If only he thought twice and didn’t throw a punch in Sunggyu’s face, the both of you would still have been together.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized. You looked up and furrowed your eyebrows. As if he knew what you were going to ask, “If only jealousy never took over me, I would have never punched him.”  

“I never thought you were responsible for this. It’s not your fault. I guess the two of us never really thought of how the world will look this situation.” You shrugged and sighed. “Now, he has to go to America or he’ll lose his career.” You frowned.

L wanted to hug you, tell you that everything will work out in the end. But he didn’t know if he should. He wasn’t use to being in the “friend zone” with you.
_____________

L left and promised Minji that he’ll be back the next day. You put two containers of food into the bag and headed out the kitchen.

Minji came up to you and noticed you had your jacket on. You went down to Minji’s height.

“Minji, I’ll be going to visit your grandpa. He’s hungry so he needs food. I’ll come home later okay? Be good to Uncle Sungyeol.” You smiled and kissed her before standing up. Minji frowned and shook her head.


“No.” She pouted, she tugged onto your leg. You assumed she wanted to go with you. You smiled and picked her up.

“You want to come with mommy?” You asked. A big smile came on her face and she eagerly nodded.

“Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!” She beamed. She got down onto the floor and ran to the closet and reached for her jacket. You chuckled and helped her.

“Sungyeol Oppa! I’m bring Minji with me!” You said. You heard Sungyeol respond before going back to Minji to help her dress up.

You walked out of the door holding onto Minji’s tiny hand and shivered. “Wah, It’s cold!” You looked down to Minji and saw her shivering as well. You stopped and wanted to bring Minji into your arms so that she could keep warm but she wanted to walk.

She loved the sound that the snow makes when she stepped onto it. It made that crushing sound.

Suddenly someone pulled her away as you gripped her hand tighter. When you were about to turn around you were hit in the head. You only heard the sounds of Minji’s screaming and then nothing and you became unconscious. 

"MOMMY! MOMMY!!!" Minji was scared as she cried and screamed but a hand covered to make any more sounds. She squirmed the strangers arms but couldn't escape.