A Joke.

Heart For 2

 

You were finally going to be discharged from the hospital today. Whatever happened the day before with L was forgotten because you were just excited to see Minji back at home. Sungyeol drove into the driveway and parked. You squealed with glee as you opened the door of the car. Sungyeol heard you and chuckled.

“Hey, I forgot to tell you, something happened to Minji while you were gone.” Sungyeol said getting out of the car. You went to the back and get you crutches. Your eyes widened. “Mwoh?”

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad. Go in and you’ll see.” He smiled. You generally walked to the front porch and your mom opened the door. “~~~~~~!” Your mom pulled you in for a hug.

“Are you hungry?” You shook your head as you got in. “I want to see Minji!” You beamed. Your mom chuckled. “She’s in her crib, I tried putting her to sleep but I guess she’s excited that her umma is  coming back.”

You rushed up the stairs, making sure that you won’t fall again. When you entered your room, smiling from ear to ear, you saw your precious baby girl jumping in her crib, excited to see you.

“Minji-ah!” You beamed and picked her up into your arms. “Aigoo, It’s been so long since I have seen you! Did you miss me?” You gave her a kiss on the cheek.

She giggled and wrapped her tiny arms around you. Your heart fluttered with joy, you could hold her forever.

You placed her down into her crib but she refused to let go of you. She wanted to stay in your arms a bit longer. You chuckled.

“Mommy.” Your smiled faded when you heard the soft voice coming from Minji’s mouth. “Minji-ah! What did you just say? Say it again?” You asked her. Did you hear wrong? Did Minji just call you, Mommy?

“Oh Minji.” You smiled as your tears welled up in your eyes. It was just yesterday when you have given birth to Minji and now she was finally learning how to talk.

Sungyeol came in to check on you two.

“Sungyeol oppa! She just said her first word!” You looked at him and then went back to Minji. “I told you something good happened to Minji. She actually started calling for you yesterday, I was changing her diaper and she randomly spoke.” Sungyeol chuckled and so did you.

“She’s growing up so fast.” You faked a sniffle. Sungyeol managed to take Minji away from you and cradled her in his arms. “Actually her first words were ‘Uncle Yeol is the best’! Right Minji?”

You rolled your eyes with a smile.

“~~~~~~! Yumin is here!” You heard your mom calling from downstairs. You grabbed your crutches that was leaning against the crib and followed Sungyeol out the door.

You three went down the stairs and into the living room. Yumin was anxiously waiting awkwardly as she waited for you to come in. Yumin noticed you come in and stood up.

“~~~~! I brought some work for you; I thought I could give you a little lesson before you go back to school.” She pointed to the school book on the coffee table. “Oh, sure, thanks Yumin!” You smiled. Yumin suddenly noticed that Sungyeol was carrying a baby who looked a lot like you but more like L.

She slightly gasped. “Is this Minji?” She slowly walked up to Sungyeol and cooed as Sungyeol brought Minji close to her. Minji was a bit shy, but that is how she is in front of people she has never seen before.

Yumin thought that Minji was the cutest baby on earth. She took in some of Minji’s adorable features that belonged to you and L.

“She’s so cute. She looks like the exact replica of you, ~~~~~!” Yumin smiled and held out her hand in front of Minji. "But mostly Sungyeol Oppa." She admitted and blushed abit at Sungyeol's name.

“I’m Auntie Yumin, Hi.” She cooed once more. Yumin bit her lip and waited for Minji to shake it. Minji slowly reached out for Yumin’s hand. Yumin held it and beamed. “You are a cutie.” Yumin tapped her little nose.

You and Sungyeol smiled along at how Yumin was trying to make Minji feel comfortable around her. Minji suddenly yawned. You chuckled.

“She thinks you’re boring.” You made a face. Yumin’s jaw dropped. “Minji, is that what you think of me?” Yumin faked a frown.

“It’s time for her to take a nap. Come on Minji.” Sungyeol smiled and took her hand to wave at the both of you. You slowly sat down and put your crutches to the side. You let out a sigh. Your mom came in with some fruits and Yumin thanked her. She walked back out so you both can talk.

“Hey, were you scared when you found out that you had Minji in your tummy?” Yumin asked and took a small piece of an apple. You stiffened and looked down to your hands.

“I was, knowing that I didn’t have Myungsoo oppa to help me at that time, it was hard to make a decision on my own.” Yumin blinked at you. *That must have been hard for her.* “So what happened?” 

...........

You sat in front of the desk along with your mother as you both waited for the doctor to come in the room with your results. You have been feeling nauseous in your stomach for the past few weeks. This wasn’t a good time to be getting sick since you were hopelessly looking for your boyfriend as he disappeared just a week before you started feeling this way.

You tapped on the screen of your phone; you didn’t care about your health, all you wished was for L to call you back at this very moment. You wanted to know if he was okay, if he was safe, if he was thinking of you...

Your eyes were swollen and slightly pink since you would have tears welled up in your eyes every once an awhile, thinking of L. *Oppa, where are you?* You bit your lip, holding back your tears since you were in the doctor’s office. The doctor may come in at any second and if he catches you crying. You’ll feel embarrassed. Your mom noticed and put a hand over yours. You looked up at her as she gave you an assuring smile.

Your family doctor came in as she sat down on her chair placing the file in front of her. She put her glasses down on the table and rested her elbows on the desk.

“So, Doctor. Is my daughter sick? I’m worried because she hardly eats anything now-a-days and she almost every day she has the urge to vomit.” Your mom frowned and leaned forward a bit.

“Nope, she’s not sick. She is perfectly fine.” Your doctor smiled your mother’s way. “Congratulations, Mrs. Lee. Your daughter is pregnant.”

Your eyes widened and so did your mother. Your jaw dropped not believing what the doctor had just said.

Your mother let out a chuckle as if it was just a joke. “Doctor, This is a joke, right? My daughter is only 16?”

“The results are postivie.” The doctor said as she opened the file.

“I don’t believe it! Take the test again!” Your mom had anger raging inside of her. You were shocked yourself to be making a single noise. You gently placed your hand on your stomach.

*This is a mistake right? I can’t be pregnant. Myungsoo oppa and I - we never crossed that line… right?*