Chapter 30

It Started With A Prank Call

 

“I’m afraid she won’t wake up again.”

I could hear my mother’s sobbing and my father’s deep intake of breath.

What’s happening?

I tried to open my eyes but realized that I couldn’t.

“Are you sure about this?” I heard Mr. Jung’s voice ask.

“We have very few patients with these kinds of head injuries. Whoever did this to her, did it in an attempt to kill her. I’m not sure if she’ll survive this. It’s up to her. We’ll see if she is strong enough to fight it.”

“______-ah.” I heard my mother’s voice call out to me. I then heard my father telling her to go with him to get some fresh air outside.

“Wake up soon dear.” Mr. Jung said as I heard the door close quietly behind them. I laid there in silence.

Why can’t I move at all?

I heard a silent click as the door opened and light footsteps neared me as the door closed again. Someone took my hand in theirs and held it to their lips. A hand caressed my cheek lightly and then I heard him sniff. His voice cracked as he spoke.

“I’m so sorry _______.” Daehyun spoke, his voice muffled with my hand against his lips. “I’m so… sorry.”

“I’m sorry.” He whispered.

I felt something wet drip onto my hand, slowly sliding down. Daehyun… are you crying?

“When I find out who did this to you…they’ll get it from me, but for now I just want you to wake up.”

I tried, I really did. But my eyes wouldn’t open.

“I know you can hear me _____. Please forgive me.” The door opened again and another familiar voice spoke.

“Why are you here?” Seyong questioned. He sounded angry. Why?

“To see _____ hyung.” Daehyun answered.

“Why? Didn’t you have a fun time with EuJin?”

What is he talking about?

“Stop it.”

“Who knew what you were doing with that girl in your room the whole time _______ was gone.”

“Hyung, stop it.” Daehyun pleaded.

He did what with whom in his room?

“As your hyung, I am disappointed in you. _______ doesn’t deserve a person like you.” Seyong spat. I could feel Daehyun’s grip tightening around my hand.

“I know she doesn’t. I don’t know what happened hyung. I’m serious. I don’t know how I ended up in my room like that with EuJin.”

“I know what I saw, but I don’t know what to believe.” A hand touched my cheek for a moment. “You should’ve seen her face Daehyun.”

The room was quiet for a few seconds. “Who knew what could’ve happened to her if I never found her. It could’ve been too late. Leave.”

“Hyung-“

“I said to leave.” Daehyun sighed and kissed my hand before gently laying it by my side. I heard the chair scraped against the floor as he stood up. I heard his footsteps get farther away from me and then the door opened and closed, telling me that he was gone.

*            *             *

*Third Point of View*

“Has she awakened yet?” Mrs. Park asked for the 5th time that day. It’s been five days since _______ has been unconscious. There has been no sign of movements from her and everyone is starting to worry. The doctor has been telling them that they should try to wake her up every now and then. He once told them about a patient who had a pulse and was breathing, but was long dead. He told them that that same could be happening to their daughter as well. Meanwhile everyone was at the hospital, Jung Daehyun was at his house, in _______ room.

He was sitting on her bed, looking around the familiar room. Standing up, he slowly walked around her room, his eyes scanning every little detail.

“The last place she was, was in here.” He said quietly as he rubbed his chin. Walking around, he suddenly stepped on something. Bending down to pick it up, it was an earring. “Who’s could it be? ______ doesn’t have any jewelry. This could mean that there was a girl here.”

His eyebrows furrowed as he thought hard. Touching the ground with his hand, he moved it around the ground and touched something rusty-ish and kind of wet. Running his fingers over it again, he looked at his fingers smeared with something red.

Blood.

 “She must’ve been knocked unconscious here, and then taken to the place.” He stood up and looked around the room once again. Then he walked over to the window. Looking at it carefully, he could see that the window wasn’t closed all the way and that the screen on the other side of the window was gone.

“And someone must’ve come through this window if not through the door.” Daehyun sat back down on the bed again and stared at the blood on his hand. Who? He walked out of the room. Walking into his room, he stared at the unmade bed.

Think Daehyun. What happened that night?

He was downstairs talking to his uncle when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He remembered turning around and seeing EuJin there. He remembers her saying something about talking alone, so he followed her. Then, he remembers her giving him a drink because she wanted to give him her blessings on their wedding. He also remembers that as he brought the cup to his lips, something seemed to be missing from her ears.

Her earring.

Daehyun rubbed his forehead as he tried to remember what happened after he drank that drink, but nothing would come. He sighed and turned around, taking a step back instantly when he saw EuJin standing in front of him.

“Oppa.” She took a step towards him, and he took another step back. He stared at her neck and could see a long scratch mark.

“You.” He pointed a finger at her. “You were the one that hurt _______ didn’t you?” He asked.

“Oppa, how could you say that? And why are you still asking about her when you’ve already made love with me?” She asked him. He shook his head.

“I never did such a thing. You did something to me that night.” He glared at her. “Tell me now; you were the one who hurt her weren’t you?”

She glared at him. “Yes! So what?! You were mine and she stole you away from me! I should’ve just killed that myself!” Then she looked at him pleadingly. “Please oppa, choose me. I can give you so much more than she can.” She slowly walked towards him and took his arm, touching his face.

He yanked his arm free and moved away from her. “I’m sorry EuJin, but that will never happen. And since you were the one who hurt _______, I will never forgive you.”

EuJin laughed as her make-up started to smear from her face. “You think that this is all I can do?” She turned towards him. “If I don’t get you, then that will never get you too.”

She stormed out. Daehyun stared after her as he sighed heavily.

What are you planning on doing now?

*End of third point of view*

*             *              *

The door opened. I could hear heels clicking, coming closer to me.

What time is it?

“_______, __________, __________.”

EuJin.

“Sometimes, when you want someone dead, you have to do it yourself.” I heard her walk around the bed slowly. “I should’ve just killed you that night. I knew I couldn’t depend on those stupid men.”

What’s happening? How did she know I was here?

“Now, you will really die and Daehyun will be mine. I don’t understand what he sees in you.” I heard her stomp her feet. “That night when he came and saved me in the alley, I knew he was mine. But then you had to take him away from me!”

I felt her hand come in contact with my cheek. “If you didn’t exist, he would’ve fallen in love with me. I could’ve been the one he was going to marry.”

Another slap.

Come on ______. You have to wake up, or else she really is going to kill you.

“You know, I really hate it when people take things that belong to me away from me.”

My fingers twitched.

“I always get what I want. Daehyun will be mine and only mine.”

My fingers twitched again.

“Do you have anything to say before I end your useless life?” She asked, and then she laughed. “Of course, you can’t even if you wanted to.”

I felt her pull one pillow out from behind my head. I forced myself to open my eyes.

You can do this.

My eyes flew open just as she was holding the pillow above my face.

“Oh goody, you’re awake to witness your own death. Die .”

“No.” I said weakly, and then she pushed the pillow onto my face.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: omg... it's been so long since i've updated T^T please forgive me! i hope this chapter was... good >.< remember to comment and subscribe! and thanks for reading sooooo much! <3

 

~h-l-u-b