The Engagement

It Started With A Prank Call

He looked up and his eyes widened.

"______? What are you doing here?" Appa asked when he noticed me in the room. I looked at Daehyun and realized that he was wearing a business suit. But...doesn't he always where jeans and a t-shirt?

Now that I think about it though, I never really knew what his job was.

"_______." I snapped out of my thoughs ant looked at my father before smiling.

"Oh. Sorry." I bowed and quickly pointed to the coffee table. "I brought you and Mr. Jung dinner Appa."

"You are Park ______ correct?" Mr. Jung asked as he walked over to one of the couches and sat down. I nodded. "You've grown so much. come, sit." He motioned to the couches and we all sat down. Mr. Park, your daughter has grown up so much."

Appa chuckled and looked at me. "Yes, she has, hasn't she."

"How old are you now ______-sshi?" Mr. Jung asked.

"17." I answered. My eyes wondered over to Daehyun and I could see him looking at me.

"Ah, just two years younger than my son here." He said as he pointed to Daehyun. His son? And then it hit me. I feel so stupid now. "Have you guys met yet?" He asked. I nodded my head and Mr. Jung and Appa looked at me in surprise.

"How did you meet?" He questioned. I looked at Daehyun and saw him shake his head, mouthing: 'Rule number 9'

How am I supposed to remember which rule that is?

"Uhm, we bumped into each other at the mall." I told him.

"Well then, its good that you've gotten to know him. It'll be better if you get to know him more." Mr. Jung said as he smiled.

"What do you mean?" Appa suddenly asked. I was wondering the same thing too.

"Mr. Park, youve worked for me for over 25 years now. And we have become good friends. Now that your daughter is all grown up, I have made my decision."

"I want to marry your daughter to my son." Appa and my eyes widened at the same time.

"But isn't that too soon? My daughter isn't finsihed with highschool yet. And besides, we are a poor family." Appa said.

"Nonsense." Mr. Jung said. "It doesnt matter whether you are poor or wealthy. You are my friend, and what I'm saying is not a joke." He looked at me then back at Appa. "I want your daughter to marry my son. And then, when she finishes highschool, I want her to continue her education, majoring in business so that she can work with my son in this company in the future when he takes over."

"I'm sorry sir. But I'm kinda confused and shocked right now." I said. "Can you repeat what you just said about your son and I?"

Mr. Jung took my hands into his and smiled widely.

"I want you to marry my son. You will right? After all, isn't he handsome?" he asked as he raised his brows. I looked at Daehyun.

"Uhm." Yeah...he's not bad looking..hehehe *face-palm*

"You know what, since you haven't finished highschool yet, I won't marry you to Daehyun right away. But, I will engage you both. Ii will talk to your father about it. So why don't you and Daehyun go out and get to know each other hmm?" I slowly nodded. "Daehyun."

"Yes Appa?" He asked.

"Take _______-sshi out to dinner."

"Neh." He bowed and stood up, holding out his hand to take mine. I took it and slowly stood up. Turning to ace my Appa and Mr. Jung, I bowed and then followed Daehyun out the door.

I walked ahead of him, and then felt him grabbing my arm, stopping me.

"Why were you crying?" He asked.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked.

"Because..." He trailed off.

"Because of what?" I asked him. "You enjoy torturing me don't you? Do you think marriage is a joke?" My eyes watered. "Why did you--" He suddenly pushed me against the wall, both hands on each side of my head.

"What are you--" He leaned in close to me. I looked at him, shrinking as far back as I can, my eyes crossing from him being too close. I closed my eyes. Then, I heard him sigh. I opened my eyes and saw that he wasn't close to me anymore. He ran a hand through his hair.

He took my arm and dragged me out of the building. We headed towards a black car.

Familiar much?

Pushing me into the passengers seat, he got into the driver's seat and started the engine. What's wrong with him? He took out his cellphone and pressed it against his ear.

"Hello? Hyung? Forget about dinner tonight. Uhuh. Sorry about it. Tell Zelo not to complain too much. Alright, bye." he hung up and drove out of the parking lot. I looked out the window at the night sky, the stars shining brightly. We rode in silence.

"______." I ignored him. "Why were you crying?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said as I looked at him.

"You can't fool me, your eyes were red." 

"No they weren't."

"Yes, they were." I didn't answer back. "Who made you cry?"

"No one did." I looked away from him.

Another long silence in the car...

"Daehyun-sshi." I said.

"Hmm?"

"Why...why didn't you say anything when your father was talking about us?" I asked.

"Because."

"Because isn't an answer."

"Because I knew this was going to happen." My eyes widened.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair again.

"I'll explain it when we get to the restuarant alright?" He said. I shook my head.

"I'm not hungry." I told him. He sighed again.

 

*           *            *

 

Then, we ended up at the park instead.

He sat next to me on a bench. The park was empty.

"I found out two months ago." He said.

"When you met me?" I questioned. He nodded.

"I had heard my father talking about you." He looked up at the stars. "He wanted me to get married. He was talking to my step-mother about it. She disagreed when she heard that he wanted me to marry you. She...she doesn't like poor people. I was curious you know? Curious about what type of person you were." He sighed. "So I...please don't call me a stalker...but I got some people to look you up for me. Then, I got Yuri to give you my number."

Yuri? No wonder something didn't seem right...

"Then how come your friends didn't know me either?" I asked.

"Because...I never told them. Do you know how much they'll bother me?" He shook his head. "Anyways...I told her to do what ever she can, to get me to know you."

"So...you're saying that you tried to get Yuri to hook us up? And you already knew me before we actually met?" 

"Uhh sure." He said. 

I can't believe it. But then...was the whole contract thing a fake? Wait.....

"Yah!" I punched his arm. "Does that mean that the whole contract thing was a fake?" 

He held onto his arm and looked at me. "Of course not! You still have to do everything it says on it!"

"But I never got to read what the back of it says!"

"It's your own fault! And what it says is none of your concern." He said. I crossed my arms and sighed.

"So...we really are going to get engaged?" I asked. He nodded slowly.

We sat together in silence.

"______." 

"Hmm?" I looked over to him.

"Do...do you like Seyong-hyung?" He asked. I thought about what happened earlier. **She's just my friend**

"No. We're just friends." I answered. Then I narrowed my eyes at him. "Eh, how come you never told me you were the son of Mr. Jung?"

"You never asked. Why didn't you tell me your father worked for mine?"

"You never asked."

"Quit copying my words." He said.

"I didn't."

"Right." I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed. "_____-sshi."

"Yeah?"

"I saw the news from earlier." He said.

"It was nothing. We were just shopping." I told him. He slowly nodded.

"Anyways...you're still my slave." He said.

"What?" Then I thought of something. I smiled at him evilly.

"What? What is it." He questioned. I scooted closer to him and grabbed his arm, hugging it. He tried to remove my hand, but failed. "Yah, let go."

"Aniyo! We're engaged now...this is normal." Hehehe, I laughed evilly inside my head.

"Phabo. We haven't even done the ceremony yet, so we. are. not. engaged." He said as he flicked my forehead, causing me to let go of his arm. I held onto my forehead.

"Yah! That hurt!" 

"So? I didn't tell you to get touchy." But I swear...I saw him blush when I held onto his arm. Kekekeke.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" 

Daehyun and I both froze and turned to look behind us. Why...do those guys look so familiar? And then it hit me like a bullet.

"D-Daehyun...RUN!" I grabbed his hand and ran for my life.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Another beautiful update for my wonderful readers! I love you guys!! <3 you guys make me soooo happy ^_____^ thank you so much for reading!!! hehehehe