Chapter 29

It Started With A Prank Call

 

Today was the day. I didn’t know that it would arrive so fast. I sat in my bedroom, already in my dress, waiting for one of the ladies to come back with something that she forgot. Downstairs, I could hear people chatting. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and smiled, but then I frowned.

Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen?

EuJin’s words from the other day suddenly popped up in my head again.

I’ll have to be extra careful if something is going to happen. I looked at the time on my phone and saw that it was almost time for me to go downstairs. There was a sudden knock at the door. Standing up, I made my way towards the door to open it, but before I could reach it, something hit my head from behind.

I felt myself lose balance and fall as the pain engulfed my head. I looked up just as the door opened and EuJin walked in. She grabbed a bunch of my hair and pulled my face up close to hers as she smirked.

I can’t go down without a fight. Even though the pain in my head was killing me, I brought my hand up and with the strength I had, I punched her in the face. She let out a horrible word and swung me to the side as she held onto her cheek. Bringing my face back up to hers, I reached my arm out and scratched at her face, causing one of her earrings to fall without her knowing and making a long gash down her neck. Trying not to scream out loud, she pushed me onto the ground and glared at me.

“I told you already didn’t I?” I watched as someone standing behind me handed her a metal pipe. She held it above her head and smiled evilly despite the pain I have inflicted on her. “Shouldn’t have taken Daehyun away from me in the first place. If you had just backed off when I told you too, then this wouldn’t be happening right now. Say hello to the devil for me will you?”

With those words, she brought the pipe down onto my head and darkness consumed me.

*                  *               *

I awoke with a throbbing pain in my head, struggling to open my eyes. I felt as if my head was on fire with the cold wind digging into my face. I could feel something wet slowly dripping down from the side of my head, a little at a time and I already knew what it was.

Blood.

I was lying on the ground on my side with my arms tied behind my back; my legs tied tightly together. Tape was wrapped around my mouth, giving me a hard time to breathe through my nose.

Where am I?

I tried to blink through my blurry vision, but could barely see anything in the darkness. My whole body ached when I tried to move. I whimpered when I suddenly felt someone grab a hold of my hair and pulled me up to a sitting position.

“Looks like someone’s awake.” A male voice said. He came to stand in front of me and held my face up as he flashed a light in my face, nearly blinding me. “Such a shame to have to get rid of this beauty.”

“Shut up. We have to hurry up and leave.” Another voice spoke from behind me. The man in front of me looked passed me and spat behind me.

“Tch. Don’t tell me what to do.” He looked at me and I could see him planning something in his mind. “You know, I do remember Miss EuJin telling me that I could do anything to you as long as I just get rid of you. What do you think?”

I shook my head weakly and tried to move away from him, but his grip on my hair kept me from moving. At times like this, I wish I didn’t have long hair.

I was still in my dress, and I had no idea if my phone was on me or not. Probably not.

I know I didn’t want to think this, but I just did.

You’re going to die ______. This man here is going to do horrible things to you and then kill you. Because… because you didn’t stay away from Daehyun.

But I couldn’t find it in myself to cry no matter how scared I was.

So… this is how I’ll die right?

I thought about my conversation with Daehyun just the other day.

‘I’ll do whatever it takes to find you.’

I closed my eyes tightly. Will you ever find me? It’ll probably be too late.

The man in front of me chuckled and ran his thumb down my cheeks crusted with dried blood. “Such a mess, but I guess it’ll do.”

I shrank away from him, my hands digging into the hard ground as I tried to get as far away from him as possible, which wasn’t much.

“Stop playing with the girl.” The other voice spoke up again. The man in front of me lost his smile and stood up, making his way behind me.

“Who do you think you are, telling me what to do?” The man asked the other. I took this moment to look around my surrounding, but I couldn’t see much.

In the distance, I could hear waves crashing, so I was probably at a beach or near somewhere with water. With the way the sky was dark, it was probably close to 9PM by now.

I must’ve been gone for some time. Are you looking for me Daehyun?

Behind me, the guys were fighting now. I could hear their grunts as they tried to beat each other up. Gathering up the strength in me, I slowly inched my way away from them.

Come on _____. You can do this.

I flung myself painfully into a ditch that I found far away from them and lied there, quietly breathing through my nose.

“Hey! Where’d the girl go?” The man shouted when they realized I was gone. I held my breath and closed my eyes tightly.

“Find her!” The other man shouted.

“Shut up! This was your fault!”

I opened my eyes and watched as a light beam passed over just inches from my head. After a while, I heard their voices again.

“Whatever man. Let’s just tell Miss EuJin that we took care of her already. Free money.” The man said.

“Fine with me. It’s not like I wanted to do this in the first place. The girl’s probably dead by now with that wound on her head.”

I listened as their voices slowly disappeared and I was left in the silence. My arms were aching with the way I was laying on my arms. And in the position that I was in, I’d never be able to get out of this ditch.

Great job ______. Now you’re gonna die here and your body is going to rot away with animals eating you.

I shuddered at the disgusting thought and closed my eyes. I drifted in and out of consciousness, the pain in my head slowly disappearing and starting to numb. Suddenly I could hear a voice calling out my name.

Just great, now you’re hearing voices. Do you really think someone’s going to come save you?

The voice got louder and I recognized it instantly.

“_______!” He shouted. “________! Where are you?!”

My eyes widened and I tried to scream through the tape, but my voice was muffled. His voice was slowly disappearing as he got farther away from me.

No. No! Come back... I’m here…

I finally started crying. My heart jumped out of my chest when a light shined on me and his face came into view.

“________.” He whispered. He bent down towards me and hugged me tightly before releasing me to untie the ropes. He removed the tape from my mouth gently and a whimper escaped my lips. “______.” He said my name again as he hugged me tightly. He carefully moved my sticky hair out of my face and stared at my face.

I cried into his chest, because of relief… and disappointment.

“Seyong-sshi…”

Then I fainted.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello my lovely readers! sorry for not updating in such a LONG time!! TT^TT but i'm finally back with another chapter and i hope you guys enjoyed it! ^_^ i'll try to update again soon and hopefully it won't take as long T.T remember to comment and upvote! <3 thanks for reading!! (:

~h-l-u-b