Friends Again

It Started With A Prank Call

 

 

 

 

Staring at the phone, I took a deep breath before I answered it.

"H-hello?"

"About time you answered." He said.

"U-uhm, did you need something?" I asked, silently praying that he didn't see the newspaper.

"If i didn't, why would I call you?"

"Oh, uhm, well...I don't know.." I said, my voice slightly shaking. In the background, I could hear that he was walking.

"~Yah! Where's my newspaper?!" He shouted to someone. My eyes widened. He hasn't see it yet!

"Dae-Daehyun!" I said into the phone, trying to get his attention.

"What?"

"Don't read the newspaper okay?" I told him.

"Why?"

"Just don't!!" I yelled into the phone.

"Nope, I'm going to. I have to read it every morning anyways. Whats so bad about reading the newspaper?" He said.

"Here's your newspaper Mr. Jung." Someone said. I pushed my phone closer to my ear so that I could hear better.

"It's not like anything bad is going to h-" He suddenly stopped talking.

I listened quietly to the silence on the other side of the phone.

“I’ll…see you later.” He said then hung up on me. I slowly let my hand fall to the side, closing my eyes tightly. My phone rang again and I looked to see who it was. Seyong.

Should I answer or not.

“Aish.” I quickly answered the call. “Yes?”

“______-sshi?”

“Yes?” I asked again. I heard him take in a deep breath.

“Can we meet up?” He asked.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” I told him.

“And why is that?”

“Because I said that it isn’t.” I wasn’t trying to be mean, but I hung up on him after I said that. He probably called because he saw the newspaper too. I sighed.

I sat down on the front steps and stared at the newspaper in my hands. I don’t know how long I sat there, but when I looked up, I saw a breathless Seyong standing in front of me. He dropped to the ground and sat there, holding onto his chest.

“Don’t tell me you ran all the way here.” I said as I walked over to him and helped him stand up. -___-‘

“Actually, I did.” He said when he sat down on the couch. I brought him a bottle of water and sat down across from him. I watched him drink half of the water in the bottle before he set it down on the table.

“Did you see the newspaper?” I asked him when he was breathing normally again. He nodded.

“I wanted to talk with you about that. That was why I wanted to meet up with you.” He leaned back on the couch and stretched.

“Are you going to do anything about it?” I questioned.

“I’m still thinking about it, so for right now, let those people out there think whatever they want.” He sat up straight and looked at me. I quickly turned away, avoiding his eyes. “Listen, I’m sorry about what my mother did to you last time.”

I shook my head. “Ani, it’s alright.”

“Then why have you been avoiding me these past few days?” He asked.

“Because of the news.” And personal reasons. “It has already died down, but why is it back up?” I asked him. He shrugged.

“Well hopefully you’ll stop avoiding me.” He said as he pouted. “I missed talking with you.”

I smiled. “Really now?”

“Of course! You don’t know how lonely I was.” He said as he pretended to cry. Then he suddenly looked up at me and took my hands. “You, you have to promise me that you’ll never run away again. Especially when I’m chasing after you and calling your name like a lunatic on the street.”

I sighed. “Okay, I promise.” I thought for a moment then held onto his hands as he was about to pull away. “And you have to promise me that you’ll be my best friend forever and that you’ll always be there for me.”

He stared at me for a moment, then smiled. “I promise.”

“Alright then!” I held up my hand and we locked our pinkys together. “If you break the promise, I’ll break your pinky.”

“Wow, violent.” He said as he laughed. “So it’s cool between us?”

“Mhmm.” I nodded. He stood up and did a happy dance, making me laugh.

“I would take you out to celebrate since we are officially best friends now, but the news is going crazy and reporters will be everywhere. So what do you suggest we do?” He said. I rubbed my chin.

In the end, we ended up watching a drama and eating popcorn. We watched TV for at least four hours. I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 3PM. I turned off the TV and stretched as Seyong stood up.

“Now what?” He asked.

“Hmm…why don’t you help me cook dinner…bestie?” I asked. He laughed and pulled me up.

“Okay.” We made our way into the kitchen as we sat down on the kitchen stools and thought about what we should cook. After two hours, we were finally done. We practically cooked up a feast. I looked at the time and saw that it was almost 6PM.

“Seyong-ah.” I said as I tapped my fingers on the counter.

“Hmmm?”

“Let’s make a cake.” I turned to him. He finished drying the dishes and put them back in the cabinets. He turned around and leaned on the counter.

“What for?” He asked.

“To celebrate of course! I don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier.” I said as I began taking out the things that I needed.

“But I just finished washing the dishes!” He said, stomping his feet like a little kid.

“Seriously Seyong?”

“Hehehe, I’m joking. But there’s a problem, do you know how to make one? Because I don’t.”

I grinned and held up a book. “That’s why we have this wonderful book to help!”

He laughed and rose up two thumbs. “Awesome! Then let’s get started.”

***

I sat on the stool in defeat. “It’s not working!” First the cake was salty because someone, I stared at Seyong who gave me a sheepish smile, put salt into the mix instead sugar. And then we tried again, and omg, I cannot describe how horrible that tasted. In fact, I can still taste it in my mouth.

“This is a disaster!” I said as I let my head drop onto the counter. I blew at the flour lying on the counter.

“______.” I ignored him and closed my eyes. “_______.” I opened my eyes and lifted up my head.

“Whaaaat?” I said as I turned towards him. I closed my eyes quickly as flour was thrown at my face. “Yah Seyong!” I yelled, my eyes still closed.

“Yes ______?” He said. I could hear the smile in his voice.

“You. Are. Dead.” I patted my face and opened my eyes, glaring at him. I grabbed a handful of the flour in my hand and got off of the stool, slowly making my way towards him. He slowly backed away while raising his arms up.

“Oh come on…I was just pLAYING!” He ducked as I threw the flour at him.

My eyes widened when I saw who was behind standing behind Seyong. Before I could react, the flour hit his suit and face. Seyong turned around and his eyes widened as well.

Daehyun slowly opened his flour covered eyes and glared at me.

Did I ever mention that I had bad aiming? xP

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: WOOHOO! update! ^_^ how was it?! O.O hahaha, i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! :D comment and subscribe lovely readers! and...sorry for the late update guys...school's been..a pain TT^TT please forgive me!! <3 <3

~h-l-u-b