Rumors

It Started With A Prank Call

 

I walked down the halls and noticed people staring at me. I tried to ignore them, but I could hear them whispering about me.
I suddenly stopped walking, causing the hall to quiet down instantly. A girl walked up to me, two girls following behind her.
 
She stopped in front of me. 
 
"Do you need something?" I asked. She scoffed.
 
"Do I need something? Do you not know who I am?" She said as she flipped her hair. I tilted my head and stared at her. Then I shook my head.
 
"Nope, your face doesn't ring a bell." I said, although she did look quite familiar. The two girls behind her looked at me in disbelief. People in the hall gasped in surprise. I looked around then back at her. "Am I supposed to know who you are?"
 
"Who wouldn't know who I am?" She said.
 
"Uhm, me?" I said as I pointed to myself. She shook her finger at me, doing the *tsk* sound.
 
"Of course you wouldn't. A commoner like you wouldn't know who I am." She looked away and then back at me. Her face expression suddenly changing. "Unni, it's me. EuJin." She said.
 
I stared at her for a moment, and then it hit me. Now I know why her face didn't ring a bell. Her face had a layer of make-up on it.
"Woah, what happened to your face?" I said. Her eyes widened.
 
"What did you just say?" She screamed. I leaned into her.
 
"Did you get plastic surgery dongsaeng?" I asked. She glared at me then turned to walk away. "Bye!" I said cheerfully.
 
I turned and continued on my way, suddenly feeling uneasy about something. I stopped walking and looked up just as a bucket of ice cold water was poured on me. I shivered and looked up to see two girls at the top of the stairs holding a bucket and smirking at me.
 
Squeezing the water out of my shirt, I entered the girls bathroom. I stared at my reflection.
 
Why are they bullying me? Did I do something wrong? 
 
Just then, the door to the girls bathroom opened and five girls walked in. Staring at them for a moment, I tried to walk pass them to leave, but one of them pushed me back. I pushed her back.
 
"Yah, move." I said. All the girls laughed.
 
"Look at you." One of the girls said as she walked around me and touched my hair. "Trying to fit in with the rich people." She said.
 
"What are you talking about?" I asked, pushing her finger away from my hair. 
 
"Don't act innocent. We all know that you sleep with old men in order to get money, you desperate ." Another girl said. I glared at her.
 
"What?" I asked. "Who said that?"
 
"So desperate to the point that you even tried to get Seyong-oppa to sleep with you!" Another of them screamed.
 
"We want you to leave our school." The girl who spoke first said. I stared at her.
 
"Or what?" I said. I glared at them. Who dare spread a fake rumor about me sleeping with guys. Especially old guys? EW! Who ever that person was, probably hated me to the point of spreading such a disgusting rumor.
 
"Or you'll be dead." The girl said. 
 
"What ever." I said as I pushed through the girls to get to the door. Just then, one of them grabbed my hair and pulled me back. She pushed me onto the ground and kicked my side.
 
"We're not quite done here yet." One of them said. I grunted in pain. Then, they started pulling my hair, causing my pony tail holder to break. One of them slapped my face, so I raised my hands up to block my face. Each of them took turns kicking and punching me.
 
Ugh. Pain, that's all I felt at the moment. But then the pain suddenly stopped and one of the girls screamed. I moved my hands and looked to find Yuri standing there. She was twisting one of the girls arms behind her back.
 
"Yuri?!" I said, surprised. She looked at me and frowned. Then she looked at the other four girls who had stopped hitting me.
 
"Get out of here." She said.
 
"Who the hell are you to tell us what to do?" One of them asked.
 
"Let go of me!" The girl that Yuri was holding onto screamed. Yuri twisted the girls arm further behind her back. 
 
"You don't need to know who I am. I suggest you guys leave before things get ugly. Especially you guys." She said, her expression unchanging. One of the girls raised their arm, planning to slap Yuri. But Yuri's hand flew up and blocked it at the last second.
 
I stared at her, mouth wide open. Is this really Yuri?? :O
 
The four girls surrounded Yuri at the door.
 
"Alright, getting ugly it is then." She said as she pushed the girl she was holding towards the other girls and pulled her sleeves up. "Why don't we take this outside, yeah?" 
 
She stared at me for a moment before walking out, the five girls following behind. The door shut behind them and I was left alone in the bathroom. I held onto my stomach and groaned. Slowly sitting up, I held onto my stomach. Combing my messy hair with my fingers, I sighed and tried not to let the tears fall.
 
Agh, I was in so much pain. Standing up slowly, I made my way towards the sink and the water. Splashing some onto my face, I stared at my red cheek. I looked like a ghost. I sniffed and dried my face with my sleeve before turning towards the door.
 
Opening it, I almost had a heart attack when a hand popped out of no where in front of my face. In the hand was a bag. I slolwy turnto to my right to see whose arm it belonged to.
 
"Chaejin!" My eyes widened. He smiled at me sadly and shook the bag in front of my face.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
It turns out, that inside the bag was some ointment for my wounds. Apparently, they knew this was going to happen to me. After applying the medicine to my face, we both walked down the hall and out of the school building.
 
"So, you and Yuri huh?" I said as I rubbed my aching cheek. He looked at me and nodded. I could see him blushing, so I smiled.
 
"She told you?" He said. I nodded.
 
"When did you realize it?" I asked. He stared at me.
 
"What do you mean?" I laughed.
 
"When did you realize you liked Yuri back?" I said.
 
"Ohh..hmmm." He rubbed his chin for a while. "Not too long ago. I hung out with her a lot when you were absent. Got to know her a little bit more. She may seem shy at first, but once you get to know her really well...she isn't really that shy at all." He said then laughed.
I laughed and agreed with him. We walked to the soccer field.
 
"Where's Yuri?" I asked. He pointed in front of me, so I turned to look. Not far below the hill, I could see five girls on their knees with their arms up in the air. Yuri was standing in front of them and shouting something. I stared at Chaejin wide eyed before I ran down the hill towards Yuri and the girls.
 
I stopped in front of her breathless and then turned to look at the girls. My eyes widened once again. I  could barely recognize the girls. Wow, she really did make them "ugly".
 
Their hair was soo messy it looked like they never combed it in days. Their lips were busted and I could see the bruises forming on their cheeks. I turned to look at Yuri then at the girls, then back at Yuri again.
 
"You've, got a lot of explaining to do!" I screamed.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I stared at her as she sipped her orange juice. School was already over and we were sitting in the park. She smiled at me sheepishly.
 
"Well?" I said. She scratched her head.
 
"Well, you see...uhmm...how to explain..." She said. I narrowed my eyes at her.
 
"Okay! It was your Appa's idea!" She suddenly said.
 
"What?!" I said, standing up. She pulled me down onto the bench.
 
"He, he said that since I was your best friend, I should become your body guard too. I mean, he told me that, if I didn't become your body guard, who was going to protect you when people do bad things to you? So, I agreed. Every day after school I met up with your Appa for several hours and he taught me some awesome moves." She said quickly.
 
"He what? You? My body guard? Eh?!" I said. I was speechless.
 
"Your Appa, wants me to be your body guard. Hehehe, he told me about you and Daehyun-sshi."
 
When she mentioned Daehyun, I suddenly glared at her. "Speaking of Daehyun..."
 
"I know! I'm so so so sorry!" She said as she bowed to me several times." She made a sad face. "I know I should've told you earlier, but I decided that it would be better if you got to know him yourself. And besides, he was curious about you, so I told him about the whole prank call thing."
 
I just stared at her. Then I smacked her arm. "Yah! Do you know how scared I was when he freakin threatened me that day?!" I screamed at her.
 
She nodded quickly. "I'm sorry. I didn't know he would threaten you like that. Actually, I kind of knew he would. But anyways, please forgive me!!!"
 
"Okay."
 
"What?" She said, surprised. I smiled at her and pulled her into a tight hug.
 
"Thank you." I said.
 
"F-for what?" She said as she sniffed.
 
"For everything. And for helping me out earlier." I said as I smiled, hugging her tighter. I pulled back from the hug and stared at her. "Thanks bestie." 
 
She smiled too and pulled me into a much much tighter hug. I groaned when my arm started hurting. She quickly let go of me.
 
"Omo! Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry." She said. "Where does it hurt?" 
 
I smiled, trying to ignore the pain. "It's okay. I'm alright." I said as I rubbed my aching shoulder.
 
"Yuri." We both looked up to see Chaejin standing in front of us. "Mr. Park is looking for you." Yuri stood up quickly at that.
 
She turned to me. "I have to go now _______-ah. Be careful okay?!" 
 
"Bye ______." Chaejin said.
 
I nodded and waved as I watched her and Chaejin walk away.
 
I sighed, looking down at my hands. Suddenly my phone rang.
 
I picked it up. "Yoboseyo?"
 
"Come home quickly, we're going to have an important guest over tonight." Daehyun said.
 
"Arraso." I hung up and stared up at the sky. Standing up, I slowly made my way home.
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N: hello everyone! who do you guys think the guest is?! hahaha, you'll have to wait until the next chapter to find out!! :P i hope you guys liked this chapter!
 
Personal Replies (for the chapter before this one, i haven't been doing them for a while.) -
 
@gabbyharstarr97: hi! i'm glad you like this story! <3
 
@yanmeshii: yay! i'm happy you liked this chapter! :D
 
@janluvucube: cuute? ikr?! hahaha thanks for reading!
 
@ailisu: omo! i'm sorry, she wasn't supposed to have a name xD you see, as i typed the story, i had to give the girl a name so that i wouldn't get confused, and then when i'm posting it up, i would edit the chapter and replace the name with a blank. thanks for pointing that out! it's now fixed! ^____^
 
@fireworkrainbow: ik!! i should've made them kiss!! :P but i didn't...hahaha...but maybe they will...soon.. ;)
 
@Lee_So_Yeong: lol! thanks for reading! ^___^ updated!
 
@taemin2y: thanks! =] here's another chapter. hope you like it!
 
 
thanks for reading everyone! ^_____^