Chapter 28

It Started With A Prank Call

 

“Remember! The engagement party will be this weekend!" I told Yuri as I waved and walked away from her.

Last night, Mr. Jung had called and surprisingly, he was able to get Mrs. Jung to agree to our engagement. But for some reason, something didn’t seem right. I put the thought to the side and smiled widely when he had announced it.

Today Daehyun was planning on picking me up after school so that we can go shopping. Hehe. I felt giddy as I skipped towards the school gates towards the familiar black car.

I opened the door and sat down, buckling in the seat belt. “Ready?” He asked. I nodded enthusiastically as he drove off.

***

“How does this look?” I asked as I turned around in the dress I was wearing. This was probably the hundredth dress I’ve tried on. Apparently, whatever dress I tried on was too short, too revealing. -___-

He nodded; finally satisfied with the dress I was wearing. “Okay. Let’s go!” He said as he stood up and clapped. We bought the dress and made our way out of the story. When I looked at him, he suddenly smiled and took my hand, swinging it back and forth.

“Where to now?” I asked. He shrugged. The sky was already darkening as we made our way towards the parked car in the parking lot.

“Ah! I almost forgot.” I said.

“What is it?” He asked.

“You didn’t get anything for youuu.” I said as I stuck out my tongue, then I reached into my bag and pulled out something from my bag. “Here.”

He opened his palm as I placed the tiny object in his hand. Holding it up towards the street lamp to see it better, he squinted his eyes. “What is it?”

I giggled. “It’s a little bunny. I saw it when we were walking through the mall so I got it for you when you weren’t looking.”

I saw his face softened as he stared at the metal bunny in his hands. “Thanks.”

Smiling, I leaned in closer to him as a chilly wind blew through. “Daehyun.”

“Hmm?”

“I wanna go to the beach.”

“When it’s not too cold okay?” He said. I nodded and smiled.

“And I want to watch the sunset.”

“Okay.”

“Daehyun.”

“Hmm?”

I like you.

“Nothing. Hehe.” We got into the car and he drove us home.

Are we really getting engaged in two days?

***

“Yah ______!” I turned around just as something cold and wet splashed against my face. I blinked through the water and wiped my face. EuJin stood in front of me with her hands on her hips. “Don’t be so happy about your engagement with Daehyun-oppa this weekend.” She smirked evilly before she walked passed me, but stopped for a second next to me, whispering something into my ear.

Goosebumps rose on my arms as she smirked one last time at me before sauntering off. I stared blankly into space until the tardy bell brought me back to reality.

You’ll be gone before you step out of that room to meet Daehyun…and they’ll neeever know why.

***

“______, what’s bothering you?” Daehyun asked as he shook my hand lightly. I smiled at him and shook my head.

“Nothing’s wrong.” I said as I covered his hand with my other hand. He smiled at me and then shifted on the couch so that his head lied on my lap. My fingers ran through his silky hair. “Yah Daehyun… if I disappeared, will you come look for me?” I suddenly asked out of nowhere.

He nodded. “Of course, I’ll do whatever it takes to find you.” Then he was quiet for a second. “Why are you asking such a strange question?” I chuckled and touched his cheeks.

“Just wondering.”

Daehyun reached his hand up and caressed my cheek. “Don’t ask something so stupid like that because it’s never going to happen. Okay?” I smiled and nodded.

He pulled me closer to him and brushed his lips against mine. Smiling, I pecked his lips once before sitting up again and touched his eyebrows.

They’re so soft… like his lips.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: hello! i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter (: even though it was short T.T hehe. thanks for reading! don't forget to comment! <3

 

~h-l-u-b