I Promise

It Started With A Prank Call

 

 
I got home with a bag of groceries. Opening the door with one hand, I walked in and the lights. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that the house wasn't a mess. Going into the kitchen, I placed the bag onto the counter and went to get things to get started on the cooking.
 
When I finished cooking, I walked up the stairs and into my room to change. Then I went into the bathroom to put on make up to cover up the bruise on my cheek.  After that, I went back down stairs and cleaned the mess that I made while cooking. Suddenly I heard a knocking at the door. Wiping my hands dry, I hurried to the door and opened it.
 
Daehyun rushed in and closed the door behind him. "Did you cook yet?"
 
I nodded. "Okay, good. Hurry and set it on the table. She's almost here." He said as he practically ran up the stairs.
 
She?
 
I shrugged and made my way towards the kitchen to set the table. Just as I finished, I heard another knocking at the door. I was walking towards the door when Daehyun rushed passed me, totally changed out of his work clothes. He stopped in front of the door and motioned for me to hurry up. I came and stood next to him as he opened the door.
 
"Omma." He said. My eyes widened. I was not expecting this. When he opened the door all the way to reveal his mother, I quickly bowed and smiled.
 
"Annyeonghasayo." I said. She looked at me up and down, not smiling.
 
"Come in." Daehyun said as he moved to the side to allow her to walk in. She walked in and went towards the couches. We both walked towards the couch and sat down across from her. She looked at me then at Daehyun, and then back at me.
 
"So you are _______ correct?" She said. I nodded. "Hmph." She rubbed her chin as she looked at me and Daehyun back in forth. "You guys don't look bad together." Then she focused her attention on him. "So you have agreed with your father?" She asked.
 
He turned to look at me for a moment then turned to face his mother. "Yes."
 
"What abou EuJin?" She asked. Just then, there was another knock on the door.
 
"Excuse me." I said as I stood up. As I was making my way towards the door, I heard Daehyun's omma say, "Oh, that must be EuJin."
 
I opened the door, and it was indeed EuJin. She  walked in with out looking at me and tossed her coat at my face. I removed it just as she sat down in my spot and hugged Daehyun's arm. I closed the door behind me and went to stand behind Daehyun.
 
"Auntie, why didn't you wait for me?" She asked as she leaned her head on Daehyun's shoulder. 
 
"I'm sorry dear." She said as she smiled at her. She looked at Daehyun. "I'm sure you've met EuJin right son?" She asked him.
He nodded stiffly. I could tell he didn't like the way EuJin was acting.
 
"She's the one that I want you to marry. But your father won't agree. Do you like her?" She asked.
 
I slowly turned to walk away. They were talking as if I wasn't there. I held in my tears and walked into the kitchen. Standing by the sink, I quickly wiped my tears. Just then I heard footsteps coming into the kitchen, so I turned around. 
 
EuJin stood there and was smirking. "I was supposed to come and help you set the table, but I guess you've already done it." She looked at the food then nodded. "Looks good." Then she walked towards me and whispered only so that I can hear. "You know, in my opinion, I match Daehyun more than you do. You should stick with being just his slave and nothing more." 
 
She turned around and walked back into the living room. I slowly followed from behind. She was sitting next to Daehyun's mother now. 
 
"Auntie. I didn't know what you liked, so I prepared some food and had asked JaeIn here to reheat them. Since I'm done setting the table, why don't we eat?" She said to her. Daehyun's mother smiled at her and nodded.
 
"See Daehyun? EuJin can even cook!" She stood up happily with EuJin and walked towards the dining room.
 
Daehyun stood up a second later and walked towards me. "I'm sorry." He said.
 
I shook my head and smiled at him. "It's okay." 
 
We both walked into the kitchen and I sat down on one side of the table. Daehyun was about to sit down next to me when his mother said,
 
"Daehyun, why don't you sit down next to EuJin?" 
 
He looked at me for a second before walking over to the other side of the table and sat down next to EuJin. She smirked.
 
"Ah, don't they look perfect together?" Daehyun's mother said. EuJin picked up Daehyun's bowl and scooped some rice into it.
 
"What do you want to eat?" She said. Daehyun didn't answer. He carefully took the bowl out of her hands.
 
"It's okay, I can do it myself." He said as he scooped some beef and broccoli into his bowl. She stared at him for a moment before putting a smile onto her face. She picked up her chopsticks and picked up a piece of meat with it as she turned to him. 
 
"Say ahhh oppa." She said. Daehyun looked surprised for a moment.
 
"Open your mouth dear." Daehyun's mother said as she smiled. He obeyed and opened his mouth as EuJin put the meat inside his mouth. "Omo, don't they look cute?" Daehyun's mother asked me as she turned to me, her eyes piercing.
 
I slowly nodded as I put a little bit of rice inside my mouth and chewed slowly. 
 
"See? Even ______ here agrees that you both look good together." She said as she smiled at them.
 
For some reason, as I watched EuJin feed Daehyun, I felt a painful pinch in my heart. 
 
"Say ahh." EuJin said as she picked up a broccoli. 
 
I couldn't take it anymore. I put my chopsticks down and stood up. "Excuse me, but I think I'm full now." I said as I turned to go.
 
His mother had a smug smile on her face and EuJin smirked. 
 
I left the kitchen immediately and went into the backyard. Even though I lived in Daehyun's house for several months, I've never really had a chance to explore the back yard. Putting on my flats, I closed the door behind me and stepped outside into the cool air.
 
I walked onto the lawn, the moon light being the only thing lighting the earth. Walking a couple of steps more, I heard something that sounded like water splashing. It seemed like it was coming from behind the bush in front of me. 
 
So I walked around it, and there, in front of me, was a beautful pond with a small water fall. Where it came from, I had no clue. I slowly walked towards it, amazed at the sight before me. There were lillies in the pond and I could see the moons reflection in the water. 
 
Tonight was a full moon.
 
I saw a bench in front of the pond. I made my way towards it and sat down. I looked at the water and smiled, despite the tears that threatened to fall out of my eyes.
 
My hand clutched my chest. I couldn't hold it in anymore, so I let the tears fall. They came nonstop. I cried quietly, my body shaking. 
 
I don't know how long I was there, probably hours, but I didn't care. Suddenly, a shadow fell over me. I slowly looked up.
 
Daehyun stood in front of me, frowning. He slowly raised his hand up towards my face. Using his thumb, he wiped away the tears on my face. He sat down next to me and turned me to face him.
 
"I'm sorry." He whispered. The tears he wiped away was replaced by more tears. He wiped them again. "Mianhae." His hand lingered on my cheek.
 
He sounded so...so sad. He gazed into my eyes. "I'm sorry, _______-ah." His other hand slowly came up to cup my other cheek. 
 
I shook my head, my hand slowly went up to hold his hand to my cheek. I stared into his warm brown eyes. "________."
 
I didn't notice how close his face was to mine, but I did now. My eyes moved to look at his lips.
 
So close.
 
"Don't cry anymore, it hurts me." He said.
 
And then, he closed the space between our lips.
 
I didn't know what to do, it was my first kiss. My eyes were wide open as I stared at him. His warm soft lips pressed against mine. 
 
What am I supposed to do? I don't know how to kiss.
 
So, we just stayed that way for a moment. 
 
Then he leaned back and looked at me and chuckled. I frowned. "What's wrong?" He asked.
 
I blushed even though he couldn't see. "I-I don't know how to...to kiss." I said as I fiddled with my fingers. He laughed, his laugh so musical. Then he looked at me, his eyes smiling.
 
"I'll teach you." 
 
He leaned in close to me, his breath on my lips. "Close your eyes." He whispered.
 
I did as he told. And then I felt his soft lips press against mine once again.
 
He slowly opened his mouth and bit my lower lip. I opened my mouth slightly and he smiled against my lips. He then began kissing me, as I began to respond back. One of his hand held onto my waist as the other held the back of my head.
 
I raised my hands up and cupped his face, pulling him closer to me. Fresh tears spilled out of my eyes and he slowly kissed them away.
 
I pulled a centimeter away and said, "Don't ever leave me."
 
"I promise." He whispered against my lips and kissed me again.
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N: aha! i bet you guys were like, 'Finally! They kissed!' ....or maybe i'm wrong :P hehehehehehe...anywaaays! here's chapter 20! how was it? goooood? i hope it was ^____^ although...i'm sorry if i couldn't make this story..er..romantic xD i'm such a bad author T_T i'll try to get better! forgive me! 
 
hello new readers! i hope you guys like this story so far! =D Thanks for reading and subscribing!
 
remember to comment and subscribe if you haven't yet! <3 <3 
 
i lub you guys! 
 
~h-l-u-b