Chapter 24 xD

It Started With A Prank Call

 

*Daehyun’s Third Point of View*

He shoved the newspaper into the trash can and stood up, pacing around his office.

How… how to stop these rumors? He rubbed his chin and looked up at the ceiling. An idea suddenly popped up in his head.

He sat down at his desk and pulled out his phone. Scrolling down to his dad’s name, he pressed on it and sent his father a text.

Father, call me back after your meeting. There’s something I want to talk with you about.

His father immediately messaged him back.

Alright.

Daehyun shoved his phone into his pocket and stared at the newspaper in the trash can. He pulled it out again and looked at the picture of _______ and his hyung.

Laying the paper flat on his desk, he picked up a red pen from his pencil-holder cup and drew on Seyong’s face. He then picked up a black pen and continued his drawing. When he finished, he looked at the picture. Seyong now had two horns on top of his head with a tail. Instead of holding two cantaloupes, he was holding two bombs and he had a uni-brow.  ________ however, had long black hair with a pair of blue wings.

Staring at the picture, Daehyun ripped it up and threw it into the trash can again.

Aish…I’m not jealous.

He stood up and paced around the room again.

Stupid hyung. Stupid _______. He held onto his head and sat down at his desk, resting his elbows on top of it. He closed his eyes and inhaled, then exhaled.

“Breathe.”

***

His phone buzzed, waking him up. He looked around his office in confusion and then at his watch. It was 2:30 PM. He stretched then pulled his phone out of his pocket. There were four missed calls and they were all from his father. He sat up straight and quickly called his father back.

“Ah, so you’re alive.” His father answered then chuckled.

“Sorry, I fell asleep. Anyways, are you in your office?” Daehyun asked.

“Sure am.”

“Okay, I’ll just come there then.” He hung up and made his way out of his office. Taking the elevator to the top floor, he stepped out and continued down the hall until he reached the end. He opened the door and walked in, nodding at his father’s secretary and assistants, he stopped in front of another door and knocked on it twice.

“Come in.” He walked in and stopped in front of his father who was at his desk as the door closed shut behind him. “So you needed to talk.”

“Of course.” Mr. Jung stood up from behind his desk and walked over to the couches where Daehyun had already settled down.

Daehyun’s father sat down and looked at him. “Well?”

“I… I think we should move up the engagement day.”

Mr. Jung rubbed his chin. “And why’s that?”

“Well, we are going to get engaged right? So... why can’t we just get it done and over with right now?”

Mr. Jung raised a brow and stared at Daehyun for a moment. “Is it because you’re afraid?” He asked.

Daehyun’s eyes widened. “W-what do you mean?” He said as he scratched his head, while looking away from his father. Mr. Jung chuckled.

“I know you son. You… are the jealous type.” He shook his head and smiled. “You want to move up the engagement so that no man would take her, especially after you saw that newspaper article about Mrs. Kim’s son and _______.” He looked up at Daehyun. “Bring her over for dinner tomorrow night and we will discuss about it.”

*End of Third Point of View*

 

“Oppa!” I looked up as the door to the living room banged open. EuJin walked in and looked around. “Where is he?”

I shrugged my shoulders and continued dusting the book shelves. I watched as she stormed up the stairs, her heels making noises as it came in contact with the steps.

Upstairs, I could hear her screaming out Daehyun’s name. After a few minutes, she came back down and went into the kitchen. She came back into the living room and walked right passed me. She glared at me then slammed the door on her way out.

Soon I could hear her car driving off. I rolled my eyes and counted to ten. The living room closet door opened and Daehyun poked his head out.

“Is she gone?” He whispered. I nodded and coughed so that I wouldn’t laugh. “Whew! That was close.” He walked out and fanned himself as he made his way back upstairs. Stopping half way, he turned to me. “Don’t forget, dinner tonight.” Then he disappeared up the stairs and I could hear the door to his room open and close. I thought about what happened earlier and started laughing.

I was fixing the books when I heard pounding feet come down the stairs. I looked up just as Daehyun flew passed me and into the living room closet. He opened the door a little.

“Shh. Don’t tell her I’m in here.” The door slammed again just as the living room door opened and EuJin stormed in. His face was priceless.

*             *               *

After mopping the kitchen twice in a row, because I had nothing better to do, I went upstairs to get ready. In the end, I decided to wear a black dress and a pair of black flats. I opened my door just as Daehyun walked out of his room fixing the buttons on his shirt. I turned away from him and walked down the steps.

I sat down in the passenger seat as Daehyun went around the car to the driver’s side. He sat down and started the car. Turning on the radio, I Remember by BYG came on. Daehyun started singing along with the chorus as he drove.

As I listened to him sing, I realized that he had such a beautiful voice. Then, I thought about when I first heard him sing.

It was that night when he came to my house, when he gave Omma that envelope of money.

I turned and looked at Daehyun as he drove and sing. His face showed some kind of emotion that I’ve never really seen. “Like what you see?”

I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly looked away when I realized that the song was already over. We stopped in front of a huge gate and waited as it opened. Daehyun drove through and parked the car in front of the marble steps.

Getting out, he opened the door for me. I followed him up the steps and to the door. Ringing the door bell, we stood there and waited for the door to open.

A maid opened the door for us and led us into the dining room where Mr. Jung was already seated.

“Hello children.” He smiled as he stood up. “Sit down, sit down.” He said as he gestured to the empty seats.

Daehyun helped me into my seat and then sat down beside me. Mr. Jung sat down as the maids carried in the food.

“So Ms. Park, I am sure my son has informed you about what we are going to discuss tonight.” I smiled and nodded. “What I want to know is, do you agree with what Daehyun has asked?”

“Well, there isn’t really anything I could do since Daehyun makes all the decisions.” I said as I poked my food with my fork.

“Daehyun… makes all the decisions?” Mr. Jung said slowly. I nodded and looked up at him. He raised a brow and then looked at Daehyun. “Is this true?”

“Of course it is. I am the man, I should get to decide.” Mr. Jung chuckled and shook his head.

“Well then, what we need to decide now is the date. When would you prefer the day be?” Mr. Jung asked.

I turned to look at Daehyun and waited for his answer. He seemed to be thinking and then agreed with something before looking at his father. “Next Saturday.”

My eyes almost popped out of their sockets. “What?!”

Why so soon?

Mr. Jung laughed. “Do you agree ________?” I looked at Daehyun and then at my hands. But… it’s so… soon.

“I don’t know Mr. Jung. Don’t you think it’s too soon?”

“Of course it’s not.” Daehyun said as he crossed his arms.

“When do you think it should be then?” Mr. Jung asked, leaning back in his seat.

I could suddenly hear a door closing in the living room and voices.

“Oh, that must be your mother Daehyun. I wonder why she’s home so early.”

Just then, Daehyun’s mother entered the dining room, following after her was EuJin. When they both saw me, Mrs. Jung’s smile disappeared and EuJin glared at me.

“Well hello, I didn’t know we had guests.” Daehyun’s mother said as she sat down next to Mr. Jung. EuJin walked over to us and sat down on the other side of Daehyun.

“I didn’t know you were coming home early dear.” Mr. Jung said to his wife as he looked at us. I looked at Daehyun as he looked at me.

This isn’t good.

“Oppa, when are we getting married? Mother said that we were getting engaged early.” He looked confused and then looked at his mother questioningly.

She laughed. “Oh.” She looked at her husband and smiled. “Honey, EuJin and I just decided today that Daehyun and she are going to get engaged this Saturday. What do you think of it?”

“Engaged?” Mr. Jung looked at EuJin and then back at his wife. “But Daehyun’s going to get engaged with ______, not EuJin.”

Mrs. Jung looked furious as she stood up and pointed a finger at me. “I do not want this thing to marry our son! I will not have it!”

She stormed out of the room, EuJin running after her. Tears formed at the corners of my eyes as I tried to blink them away. Mr. Jung looked at me apologetically.

“I’m sorry. I haven’t discussed this with my wife yet. Apparently she has her own plans. I guess for now, we will postpone your engagement until further notice.”

Daehyun stood up and helped me out of my seat. We all walked to the door as Mr. Jung saw us out.

“I’m sorry dear. I’ll talk with my wife about it. Please don’t take what she said to heart.”

I nodded and plastered a bright smile on my face. “It’s okay Mr. Jung. You have a good night.” He nodded.

“You too. Drive safely alright?”

“Goodnight father.” Daehyun said as we both turned and walked down the steps.

As the car drove away, I looked out the window. The silence in the car was uncomfortable and I tried to ignore it.

I suddenly felt his hand grab mine and he held onto it tight, rubbing his thumb on the top of my fingers.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. I stared at his face and smiled sadly, placing my other hand on top of his.

Daehyun, why do you always apologize… even when it wasn’t your fault?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello everyone! :) MERRY CHRISTMAS! ^___^ here's chapter 24. I'm sorry if it's boring xP i'll try to post up the next chapter maybe tonight or tomorrow (: i love you guys! <3 Thanks for reading! remember to subscribe and comment! ^_^

 

~h-l-u-b