Almost

It Started With A Prank Call

 

I looked up at the ceiling. It's been two weeks. And for those passed two weeks, he hasn't come. Not ever since that day that he left.
 
Why?
 
Why does he always  misunderstand? I shifted on the uncomfortable bed and noticed another bag of food sitting on the side table. Every morning there was always one there. But I never knew who brought it.
 
I sighed.
 
The door opened and I looked to see who it was.
 
"______?" I recognized the voice and sat up quickly.
 
"Yuri?!" I asked. She appeared and ran up to me, hugging me tightly. I hugged her back, twice as hard.
 
She let go of me and smiled. "Omo, I was so worried about you ______. How could you not tell me that you were hospitalized? Eh?" She asked.
 
I smiled, my eyes watering. "Yah, if I knew you were going to get worried, I'd never tell you."
 
She shook her head. "Aish, you. When are you going to get discharged?"
 
"I don't know, maybe soon."
 
"That's good. We need a girl's night out." She said. I nodded and laughed. "Ohh, and I have something good to tell you unni." She said.
 
"What?" I asked.
 
"Don't be too surprised okay?" I nodded. "Well, Chaejin-sshi...uh...well...we're dating." 
 
I stared at her wide eyed. "No way!"
 
"Yes way!" She screamed.
 
"Who confessed? You? or Him?" I asked, curious.
 
She laughed. "Hehehe. He did."
 
"No way!" I said again.
 
"Yes way!" She repeated. We both laughed.
 
"You have to tell me everything!" 
 
The rest of the day, was good. Sometimes, I'm glad Yuri is my best friend. 
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
I walked into the house that I haven't been in for a long time. I smiled when I smelt my Omma's cooking. Man, do I miss her food. I placed my bags onto the couch and ran into the kitchen, hugging my Omma from behind.
 
"Yah JiMin, what do you want now?" She asked.
 
"Omma..." I whispered.
 
"_____?" She asked as she turned around. Her eyes widened for a second before she pulled me into a hug. "Aigoo, I missed you." She said.
 
I hugged her tightly and sighed as I pulled away from her. "Omma, how have you been?" I asked her as I walked over to the dining table and sat down, staring at her.
 
"Good. How about you? Have Mr. Jung been treating you nicely?" She asked.
 
"Omma, how come you didn't tell me Appa worked for Mr. Jung's father?" I asked instead.
 
"Oh, you didn't know? I thought you did." She said as she continued stirring the food she was cooking on the stove.
 
"Then why did you act like that when he came to take me away?" I asked.
 
"Like what?"
 
"Like you've never seen money before." -___-
 
"______ dear, you don't see that much money everyday. Besides, all that money went towards your hospital bills. I never got any." She said as she waved the spoon in front of me. 
 
"Oh." I scratched my head.
 
"Speaking of hospital. Why do you keep going to the hospital?" She asked while looking at me. And then her eyes widened. "Your not-"
 
I immediatly cut her off. "No."
 
"Are you sure? You haven't been sleeping with anyone have you?" She narrowed her eyes at me.
 
"Omma! Why would I?" I said. Me? Pregnant? Please!
 
"Yah, you better tell me if you are or not!" She said as she lifted the spoon in the air.
 
Still violent as ever. T_T
 
"I. Am. Not. Pregnant. Omma." I said each word carefully. She still looked at me with doubt. "Yah! I haven't even had my first kiss yet!" I finally yelled.
 
Then she smiled and turned towards the doorway of the kitchen. "There's your answer."
 
What?
 
I turned towards the door way and saw...Daehyun standing there. *facepalm*
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I stared at my hand awkwardly. 
 
We were sitting outside in the back yard. He was watching the stars quietly. 
 
"Uhm-"
 
"I-"
 
We both spoke at the same time. I looked over to him.
 
"You can go first." He said. I nodded and looked away before I spoke.
 
"Did..did you hear everything my mom and I were talking about?" I asked. He slowly nodded. "Everything?" He nodded.
 
I sighed and let my head drop. So, embarrasing.
 
"So you haven't had your first kiss yet huh?" He asked. I blushed and slowly nodded. I heard him chuckle.
 
"What's so funny?" I asked as I looked at him.
 
"How old are you again?" He asked. I glared at him and smacked his arm.
 
We both looked up at the sky and stayed in silence. 
 
"I'm sorry." He suddenly said.
 
"Hmm?"
 
"For last time." He said. I turned to look at him. "I'm sorry, for misunderstanding again." He said. I looked away from him. "Are you going to forgive me?"
 
I shook my head. My eyes watered. Aish, stop crying you idiot!
 
His hand touched my shoulder, slowly turning me around to face him. I looked down at my hands.
 
"Look at me."
 
"Aniyo." I said as I shook my head. I heard him sigh. Then his hand went under my chin and he slowly lifted my face up. I stared into his eyes.
 
"Stop crying." He said as his thumb brushed my cheeks, wiping away the tears. More came, replacing the tears that he wiped away. "I said I was sorry."
 
"It's not that." I said as I looked down, trying hard not to look into his eyes.
 
"Then what?" He asked. 
 
"You...you never came back when I called your name." I said.
 
"Phabo, I was already in the elevators. I didn't hear you." He said.
 
"Why didn't you come visit me?" I asked. "For the passed two weeks...why didn't you come once?"
 
"I did." I glared at him. "Everyday."
 
"Liar. You did not." He let go of me and turned to face the sky, the moon shining on his handsome face.
 
"I really did. Just...while you were sleeping." He said. I stared at him, surprised.
 
"While I was sleeping?"
 
"Yeah. I..I couldn't face you after what happened. Who did you think brought you all the food? Hyung?" He asked.
 
I nodded. "Yeah, I sort of did." I said. He sighed.
 
"Great. I bring you food and all the credit goes to my hyung." I laughed and he turned to me and smiled. "I really am sorry _____."
 
I nodded. "I'll forgive you if you promise me something." I said. 
 
"Alright."
 
"Promise me, that when ever I call your name, you'll always answer." 
 
"I promise."
 
"Pinky promise?" I asked. He raised a brow.
 
"Pinky promise." I smiled and turned to look at the stars, smiling widely. "You know, you should smile more often instead of glaring." He said.
 
I turned to him and glared at him playfully, then smiled. "Daehyun."
 
"What?"
 
"Nothing." I hid my smile as I brought my knees up to my chin and rested my head on it. "Daehyun."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Nothing." I smiled again.
 
"Daehyun."
 
"What?" He said.
 
"Nothing." He stared at me.
 
"Are you doing that on purpose to annoy me?" He asked. I quickly shook my head.
 
"Daehyun."
 
"Hmm?" I smiled, hiding my head between my knees. "______."
 
"Hmm?" I looked up quickly and my heart almost jumped out of my chest. Daehyun's face was only about three inches away from mine. He smiled.
 
I couldn't stop staring at his lips. They were so pretty. "_____."
 
"Hmm?" I slowly tilted my head as his face came closer.
 
"______." He moved closer, his breath tickling my nose.
 
"Hmm?" He closed his eyes and I did the same
.
"Dinner's ready!" I jumped when Omma shouted, causing me to fall off the porch. Daehyun quickly stood up and looked around, clearing his throat awkwardly. "Omo! Did I interrupt something?"
 
Obviously. I stood up from the ground and rubbed my aching bottom.
 
"Uhm. Dinner's ready, come in when you're done!" She winked at me and quickly disappeared through the door. What the crap Omma.
 
"Are you alright?" Daehyun asked.
 
I stared at him. "I'm fine."
 
"So, where were we before you mother interrupted?" He said as he wiggled his eyebrows.
 
I scowled at him. "Shut up." I climbed the steps and walked into the house quickly before he could see me blushing. I could hear his musical laugh from behind me.
 
We almost kissed.
 
Almost.
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N: An update!! Woohoo! ^___^ Sorry for the long wait guys. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!! =D took all day to write it! hehehe. Thanks for reading!
 
Comments and subscriptions are always wanted and loved! hehehe. 
 
Oh, and I made another story xP read it? yeah? hehehe!
 
love you guys!! <3 <3 <3