Appa

It Started With A Prank Call

 

The car, I mean limo, stopped in front of a huge building. I looked at it through the window when the door suddenly opened and the man in black started pushing me out. I followed Seyong into the building and we entered the elevator. Stopping at the top floor, I fiddled with my fingers nervously as we approached the door that had the words CEO written on it.
 
We stopped in front of it and the man in black opened the door or us. I followed Seyong and stopped when he did. I looked behind me and saw the man bow before leaving the room and closing the door behnd him.
 
"Seyong."
 
"Omma." He bowed.
 
"Explain this." She said as she the flat screen TV in front of us. "Do you know what you've done?"
 
She reminded me of Gu Jun Pyo's mother from Boys Before Flowers, but maybe a lot prettier.
 
"Omma, I can explain." Seyong said as he took a step towards her.
 
"I want to know exactly why, you, were carelessly shopping with this commoner!" She questioned as she slammed the remote down onto her desk, making me jump. "Did I not tell you to be careful of reporters? They're everywhere! And now that there's news about you and this girl out there, what are we going to do?"
 
"Omma, she has a name."
 
"What are we going to tell the news reporters?!" She questioned.
 
Seyong pulled me towards him and turned to face his mother. "There's nothing to tell omma. What they saw is the truth."
 
"What do you mean?" She asked.
 
"______ is just my friend."
 
"But still-"
 
"Do you not believe me?" He asked.
 
"I do, but you don't know what reporters are like. They'll spread rumors and make up stories that will ruin your image!" She said. Then she looked at me and back at Seyong. "I want to talk to this girl alone."
 
Seyong glanced at me then looked back at his mother. "Uhm."
 
"Can I please talk to your friend alone Seyong dear?" She asked sweetly while smiling at him. He hesitantly nodded and turned to walk out of the room. "Thank you."
 
As soon as the door closed behind him, the smile on her face disappeared.
 
"I want you to stay away from my son." She suddenly said. 
 
"Excuse me?" I questioned.
 
"I believe you heard me the first time. Just tell me how much money you want." She said as she took a step towards me.
 
"I don't understand what you're trying to say." But I sure did.
 
"I don't want you to leech off of my son. It's people like you that I dislike. All you want is money."
 
"So you think that if you give me money, I'll leave?" I tried really hard not to scoff. "I'm sorry, but I think I'll take my leave now." I turned to go but she grabbed my arm and spun me around to face her.
 
"I'm not done talking!" Then she slapped my face. My hand flew up to touch my cheeks as I stared at her, my eyes watering. "When I said to stay away from my son, I mean it. I don't want to ever see you around him again. If I ever do, you'll regret it." 
 
I turned and ran out of the room. I ran pass Seyong and ignored him when he called out to me. My eyes blurred as I ran down the stairs. Not taking the elevator because I knew some reporters would be there waiting.
 
I don't know how Appa can deal with rich people. In fact, I haven't seen him in ages. I wiped at my eyes. I stopped at the first floor to catch my breath. Above me, I could hear the sound of Seyong running down the stairs.
 
Sneaking out of the building quickly, I got into a taxi. I could hear Seyong's voice calling my name. I told the driver to drive as I leaned back. I closed my eyes so the tears wouldn't slip, but they did anyway.
 
"_______-ah!" I could hear his faint voice as the taxi drove away.
 
*                   *                  *
 
I got outside of the taxi and walked towards the entrance, a bag of ood in my hand. I walked up to the front counter and smiled at the lady there.
 
"Excuse me, is Mr. Park in?" I asked her.
 
"Uhm, he left with Mr. Jung earlier today, he should be back soon." She said. "Are you his daughter?"
 
I nodded my head and held up the bag. "I brought him dinner because he usually comes home late."
 
"Oh okay then. Well, maybe you can go wait up in Mr. Jung's office until they return.
 
"Okay."
 
"Here's a visitor's pass. I'm sure you know where his office is at?" She asked. I thought about it for a second and nodded.
 
"Thanks." I took the pass from her and clipped it onto my shirt. Taking the bag, I walked towards the elevator and waited for it to open.
 
When it did, I walked in and pressed the button that would lead me to the top floor. I haven't been here in such a long time. I remember when I was little, probably five maybe, I used to come here all the time with omma to bring Appa lunch. And then I started school and couldn't come anymore.
 
When the doors finally opened, I walked down the hall till I reached the end and opened the door. I walked into the office and smiled. Everything was still the same as I could remember. Sitting down on one of the couches, I set the food out onto the table. There was just enough for two people to eat. 
 
After setting out the food, I stood up and looked around the huge ofice. The desk sat in front of a huge window that looked over part of Seoul.
 
Walking over to one of the book shelves, I looked at the picture frame that rested on there. It was a picture of Mr. Jung and his son. He was standing behind the boy who was smiling widely at the camera. Hmmm...why does the boy look so familiar?
 
Just then, the door opened and I could see Mr. Jung walk in, my father right behind him. And following my father was--
 
"Daehyun?"
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N: I am back!!! =D i hope you guys liked this chapter! thanks for commenting and subscribing! i love you readers and new readers! <3 <3 <3 
 
ohh yeah, please check out my new story?
 
it's called: Love...At First Sight feat. Taeyang from BigBang
 
 
thank you! <3