Chapter 2

I'll Be There

At Donghyun’s company

 

"Good morning Mr Youngmin." said Youngmin's secretary. She's a beautiful lady, with a great figure. Everyone fell for her beauty; except Youngmin.  

"Good morning. Has Donghyun came?" said Youngmin.

 "Hmm, he came quite early today. He is in his office. He asked to meet him as soon as you come."

"Is it about the project?"

"I’m not sure but it seems urgent."

"I see. Thank you. Have you eaten your breakfast?"

"N-ne? Yes, I have." she stuttered.

"Don’t miss them. You’ll need energy to work." Youngmin smiled to his secretary and went off to see Donghyun in his office.

The secretary smiled to herself because Youngmin has always been caring to his co-workers.

‘He’s handsome and kind! Too bad he’s taken!' She muttered to herself.

Youngmin knocked on Donghyun’s office door.

"Yes? Come in." Donghyun said. He glanced to see who it was.

"I’ve been waiting for you for ages. Is it because of Ji-eun?" He smirked at Youngmin.

"Ah, yes. “ He laughed. “She was kinda.... late making the breakfast."

"Lucky you! I wish I had someone to make my breakfast every morning. I guess I really need to find one for myself."

Youngmin laughed at his statement. "You should. Anyway, why do you want to meet me?"

"Oh, it’s about the client. He called and said that he want us to complete the project drawing as soon as we can."

"You don’t have to worry about that. I have completed half of it. Just a bit more and it will be complete."

"Wow, you are really dedicated to your work, huh? It has not been more than a week since the client requested for it and you almost completed it?"  Donghyun claps his hands. "You are really our best architect in the company." 

Youngmin smiled. "Thanks for the compliment but I don’t think I deserve it. It is my work to complete it so I should be giving my best."

 

"Modest as always. Youngmin, we have been friends for such a long time but you never take any advantages to our friendship. If it is not because if you, I don’t think I can have such a big company like this."

Youngmin shook his head. "We are what we are because of both of our efforts and not only mine."

"Ah, yes yes. I guess you can’t take compliment. You really know how to refuse compliments from others."

He laughed. "Yes, if you don’t have anything to said, I would like to be excused so that I can finished the project."

"Okay, okay. Carry on with the project. If you have any difficulties, just seek for my help okay?"

“Of course." He smiled and left Donghyun’s office to go to his own office.

 

Café’

 

You unlocked the door and entered the café’.

"Nobody is here yet. Ugh, I hate coming early."

You were cleaning the table when the door suddenly opened.

"Hey, the door is not locked. Did Jieun-ssi come?" said Sunmi, one of your co-workers.

"Did she?" Jeongmin gasped. "Ah! Jieun-ssi! You’re early!" Jeongmin bowed 90 degrees towards you.

"Yes, you don’t have to be so formal. It’s not like we don’t know each other that well."

Jeongmin smiled sheepishly and noticed something about you.

"You looked really bright today. Did something happen?" Jeongmin teased as he smiled towards you.

"W-what do you mean?" You stuttered.

"Uuuu, something DID happen. Did Youngmin-ssi do something to you today?" He chuckled cheekily.

"Ya, you better get ready before I cut off your salary this month!" 

"Yes miss!" Jeongmin laughed; not afraid of your threat.

"You shouldn’t do that you know!" Sunmi pinched Jeongmin at his left shoulder.

"What? Look at her. She looks like a tomato! Ujjujjju~" Jeongmin burst out laughing.

"Ya! Lee Jeongmin!"

 

"Y-yes! I’ll set everything now!" Jeongmin said as he controlled his expression. He put his hand to his mouth to prevent himself to burst out laughing again.

 

 

Noon

 

Youngmin’s phone is ringing. He answered the phone reluctantly because he is still concentrating on finishing his project.

"Youngmin ah!~" You shouted happily over the phone.

Youngmin smiled as he heard your voice. If it was you, he wouldn’t mind leaving his work for a short moment.

"Lunch?" You asked, hoping Youngmin to say yes.

"I'm sorry, Jieun ah~. I really need to finish my work. The client changed the due date again. Maybe next time?" Youngmin said apologetically. He really wanted to spend time with you, but he really need to finish off his work.

"Ah..It’s okay." You said weakly.

"Don’t worry, I’ll treat you to dinner tonight and we can even go watch movie." Youngmin said hoping it will cheer you up.

"Really? Okay! You better fulfill your promise! Annyeong Youngmin ah!~"

"Of course dear. Annyeong~" Youngmin smiled to himself. Hearing your voice really cheered him up.  

Youngmin sighed. "Just a little bit more and I’m done. I hope I can finish it before the due date, I don’t want to disappoint Donghyun." Youngmin stretched his hands and get up from the chair to make himself a cup of coffee. As soon as he got up, suddenly, he felt a sharp pain on his chest. He started to pant. He fell on the floor, clenching his fist and gasping for air. The loud thump on the floor startled his secretary and eventually the secretary barged into his office.

"Mr Youngmin? Are you okay?! Mr. Youngmin?!" She shook Youngmin’s body.

"I-I can’t bre-breath." Youngmin fainted after he finished his sentence.

"Mr. Youngmin! Mr Youngmin!!"

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm, how was it? Was it better or need more suspense? Kekeke^^ 

What happened to Youngmin actually? You'll know soon. ^^ Oh by the way, about Jieun's brother, what is his identity? You'll know who he is later in the story. LOL

Please subscribe and comment if you like reading my fanfic^^

Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Spread the love. <3