Chapter 10

I'll Be There

 

Click on the this blue word, thank you and enjoy your reading^^

*************************************************************************************************

“Hyung! Hyung!” Kwangmin cried as the nurses rushed Youngmin to the emergency room. Donghyun also ran along. One of the nurses stopped both of them when they reached the emergency room.

“Please wait outside.” she said and closed the door.

“Hyung…” Kwangmin put his hand to his mouth. His tears rolled down his cheeks. Donghyun patted his shoulder, unable to say anything. They were waiting outside the room, pacing back and forth. Donghyun kept fidgeting and tapping his foot. After half an hour that felt like years for Kwangmin and Donghyun, the emergency room’s door opened. The doctor walked out from the room with a worried expression.

 “How is my brother, doctor?” Kwangmin asked anxiously.

“Your brother…do you know that he has a heart cancer?”

“Yes, he just told us that he has… that.” Kwangmin’s voice cracked. Probably it was because of too much crying.

“I see. This is one of the symptoms of heart cancer. He came at the right time. We have a lot of medical facilities that can support him. At least until he can find a donor. But if he didn’t manage to find one….” The doctor didn’t finish his sentence.

“I don’t care about that! How is he now, doctor?!” Kwangmin asked in fury.

“Your brother is alright. But he need to rest. He’s not in a critical condition but I advise you not to give him any stress. It’s…dangerous. You can visit him after the nurse moved him to another room. Now, please excuse me.”

Kwangmin’s legs failed him and he slowly fell on the floor. “Hyung…”

Donghyun pulled him up. “He’s alright. Let’s just wait for him to wake up now.”

“It’s my fault…” Kwangmin mumbled. “I almost lose my brother. Just like how I lost Appa.”

 

                The next day, both of Kwangmin and Donghyun were waiting for Youngmin to wake up. The dark circles underneath their eyes could be seen because they didn’t sleep for the whole night. Especially for Kwangmin, he didn’t even move an inch and always sat beside the bed, he’s afraid that Youngmin could leave him in anytime.

The sudden movement of Youngmin’s fingers startled Kwangmin. “Hyung!” he exclaimed. Donghyun who was sitting at the corner of the room, got up and walked closer to Youngmin’s bed.

“How are you? Did you feel hurt anywhere? I’ll call the doctor and tell him you’ve woke up.”

“There's no need for that.” Youngmin said weakly. “Kwangmin…”

 

Kwangmin bit his lip, knowing what his brother going to say. He kept saying ‘no’ in his heart but he couldn’t say it directly to Youngmin. He is afraid that something might happen again.

 “Please…do it. It is my last wish. Don’t let me die in regret.” Youngmin said weakly and coughed because he’s having trouble in breathing.

“You will not die, hyung…But okay, if that is your wish. I’ll do it.” he finally gave up. Kwangmin grabbed Youngmin’s hand and held it tight.  “Just promise me, you will not leave. Keep holding on until you finally found a donor.”

Youngmin smiled and nodded. But inside his heart, he didn’t have any faith at all. He felt that he has no chance to find a donor. ‘Even if Jieun knew one day, by then, she might have fallen for Kwangmin. That would relieve her grieve if she loses me someday.’ Youngmin thought silently, his heart is hurting. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. 

Kwangmin finally gave in to Youngmin. Let's see how the story will progress. Look forward to it. ^^

Please subscribe and comment, if you like to. It's okay if you are a silent reader.^^

Spread the love and God Bless <3