Chapter 26

I'll Be There

You ran along the hospital corridor until you found Kwangmin’s room. You pushed the door open and saw Minwoo who was sitting beside Kwangmin’s bed.

 

“Jieun…” he got up from the chair.

 

Your eyes were teary when you saw Kwangmin lying down on the bed. You stepped closer and took Kwangmin’s hand.

 

“What happened to him? Is he alright?” your voice cracked.

 

“He’s alright. He just has a high fever. The doctor said that he’ll be fine.” Minwoo explained.

 

‘It must be because he slept outside. It’s my fault…’ You thought and wiped your tears.

 

“Don’t cry, Jieun-ah. He will be fine.” Minwoo calmed you down. You nodded your head weakly.

 

“What happened, Minwoo-ah? Why are you with him?”

 

Minwoo was silent for a moment. He was with Kwangmin because he wanted to know the truth but he couldn’ tell you about that. He wanted to know Kwangmin’s side of story before judging anything.

 

“I met him walking along the pavement nearby the restaurant and suddenly he fainted. Luckily I was there. If not, I wonder what would happen to him…” Minwoo lied.

 

You nodded your head and turned your head back to Kwangmin. Although you hated the fact that Kwangmin cheated on you but you are still worried about him.

 

“Jieun-ah…about my cousin…”

 

“Your cousin? Who…?”

 

“Suzy…”

 

“She’s your cousin?!”

 

“Yes…I hope you don’t misunderstand the situation. Apparently, Suzy mistook Youngmin hyung as her fiancé.”

 

“What?”

 

“Hmm, how should I explain…? Suzy just got back from America. Her engagement with her fiancé was not working out and they broke up. So, I think she must have been stressed about it.” Minwoo lied again. “Why am I helping him anyway?” Minwoo thought to himself.

 

“But…why Youngmin oppa?”

 

“I don’t know. Maybe he looks like her ex-fiance?” Minwoo shrugged. ‘Of course they look alike, they’re twins.’ He thought again.

 

“So, everything was just a misunderstanding…” You cried and looked back at Kwangmin. “Mianhae oppa…I should’ve listen to you. It’s my fault…”

 

“Jieun, stop blaming yourself. No one is at fault here, okay?” Minwoo patted your shoulders. You held Kwangmin’s hand and sat by his side.

 

 

 

Kwangmin slowly opened his eyes. His muscles felt sore probably because he had a fever. He blinked his eyes because the room was dark and only the table lamp was switched on. He slowly tried to sit up.  He was startled when he felt someone’s hands on his arms. He turned his head and saw you who were sleeping by his side while holding his hands.

 

 “You’re here…” Kwangmin thought. He smiled and slowly caressed your head. You stirred from your sleep but you didn’t wake up. Kwangmin chuckled.

 

“Have you forgiven me already Jieun-ah?” he continued to caress your hair and lied down on the bed again.

 

“I’m sorry… I kept hurting you. I don’t know when it will end. Don’t worry, I’m sure hyung will be back soon and you’ll be happy by then.” He smiled weakly.

 

 

 

Minwoo came early in the morning to visit Kwangmin. He opened the door and saw you sleeping beside Kwangmin. “Didn’t she go home last night?” he thought. He stepped closer and shook your shoulders.

 

“Jieun, wake up.”

 

You slowly opened your eyes and yawned. “Minwoo...”

 

Minwoo smiled. “I think it’s better if you go home and have shower and your breakfast. You’ve been here since yesterday right?”

 

You nodded weakly. “Okay.” You answered weakly and looked back at Kwangmin. “I’ll be back oppa.” You patted Kwangmin’s hand and bowed towards Minwoo before leaving. Few minutes after you left, Kwangmin woke up from his sleep.

 

“Finally, you have woken up.” Minwoo said.

 

“I already woke up last night.”

 

“So, you saw Jieun?”

 

Kwangmin slowly sat up and nodded. “I did but I don’t want to wake her up.”

 

Minwoo just raised his brows and glared at Kwangmin. “We still have a lot to talk about.”

 

Kwangmin sighed. “I guess I have no choice.”

 

Suzy was walking along the corridor with a bouquet of flowers in her hands. She walked happily as she smelled the flowers. She heard about Kwangmin from Minwoo so she wanted to visit him. She was about to open the door but she stopped when she overheard the conversation between Minwoo and Kwangmin.

 

 

 

“What?! Youngmin hyung has cancer?” Minwoo shouted.

 

“Hey, you’re too loud.” Kwangmin warned.

 

“I’m sorry. But that was….unexpected. So, you have to act as Youngmin hyung? For Jieun’s happiness?” Minwoo scoffed.

 

“That was the plan.” Kwangmin sighed.

 

“That is just so…”

 

“Stupid. I know.” Kwangmin finished Minwoo’s sentence. “Hyung cares so much for her; he told me that he didn’t want to hurt her or whatever. So, here I am…Acting as Jo Youngmin.”

 

Minwoo scoffed again. “I don’t know what to say.”

 

“Promise you won’t tell anyone especially Jieun?”

 

“To be honest, I really want to run to her and tell her now.” Minwoo glared at Kwangmin. “But…I can’t. Youngmin hyung is not the only one who hates to see her cry.”

 

“Thank you, Minwoo-ah.”

 

Suzy smirked. “Ah~ so that’s our Kwangminnie’s little secret~” She cancelled her intention to visit Kwangmin and left. She was about to leave the hospital but she met you in the corridor. You came back because you forgot your purse in Kwangmin’s room. You were startled when you saw Suzy. Suzy smirked and stepped closer towards you.

 

“Hello there.” Suzy greeted.

 

“H-hello.” you replied.

 

‘Calm down, Bae Suzy. There will be time to reveal this secret. Poor little girl for not knowing anything.’ Suzy thought and scoffed. She just smirked at you before leaving.

 

You shrugged your shoulders and continued walking towards Kwangmin’s room. Both Kwangmin and Minwoo were startled when the door opened.

 

“Oppa! You’ve woken up!” You squealed and rushed towards Kwangmin to hug him.

 

Kwangmin was startled when you suddenly hugged him because he thought you were still angry at him. But then he saw Minwoo raised his brows. ‘Oh, he must have told her something.’

“You haven’t left?” Minwoo asked.

 

“Yes, I forgot my purse. I’m glad that I came back and see Youngmin oppa has woken up!” you smiled.

 

“Have you forgiven me already, Jieun-ah?” Kwangmin asked.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I would have forgiven you earlier!”

 

“That’s because you won’t listen to me, silly.” Kwangmin pinched your cheeks.

 

“Ah, that’s right.” You stuck out your tongue. “Luckily, Minwoo-ssi told me everything. I met her just now.”

 

“Her? Do you mean Suzy?” Minwoo asked.

 

You nodded.

 

Kwangmin and Minwoo exchanged glances with each other.  Both of them were thinking of the same thing. Suzy must be planning something.

 

‘Could it be that she overheard our conversation?’ Kwangmin became nervous.

 

“Oppa, are you okay?” You asked.

 

Kwangmin shook his head. “I’m alright. I’m glad you forgave me.” He held your hand tight.

 

“I hope she didn’t.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update, I've been having the writer's block [again]. By the way, check out my second official fanfic : You're my first featuring INFINITE. I've been writing this second fanfic to get rid of my writer's block [lulz]. 

Have a nice day everyone. God bless! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~♥