Chapter 6

I'll Be There

"Youngmin-ssi, these are your pills. Make sure to take them twice a day and come to your medical checkups. It’s important for us to keep track of your symptoms and make sure it does not worsen." The nurse said with a soft but urging voice. 

"Yes yes. I know." Youngmin took the bottle that contains his pills and quickly hide them so that you will not see them later.

Youngmin scoffed as he examined the bottle. 'These pills are just some kind of false hope. I know I’ll not survive unless I found a donor.' He thought and put the bottle into his pocket. 'Anyway, I need to call Kwangmin soon.'  

A few minutes later, you came to fetch Youngmin from the hospital.

“Hello dear~ I’m here. Let’s go home.” You said cheerfully.

“I’ll cook dinner for us!” Jieun said.

“Dinner? I didn’t know you can cook.” Youngmin said and pinched her cheeks. 'It might be my last time eating with her'. He thought.

You pouted at him and took his hand. “Let’s go.”

 

                                                                                                ***

 

 Youngmin groaned in disappointment. “What is this?”

 

"What what? This is our dinner! Jjan~" You said, ignoring his glare.

 

"Dinner?" He stared at you with sceptical eyes. "All I see is green. And two white spot." he said as he looked at the vegetables that you cooked.

 

You laughed nervously and scratched your head. “But you have to take care of your health you know. Healthy food means healthy life.” You beamed.

“But-”

”No but. For this week, these are what you will eat.”

 

"Whattt?" Youngmin said in disbelieved.

 

“It is only for this week. Pretty pleaseee? I just want you to get better faster.” You whined and made an aegyo towards Youngmin. Youngmin admitted defeat by sighing.

 

“Okay okay.“

 

You smiled and pinched his cheeks. “Good boy.” she said cutely.  

“Let’s eat!” You said cheerfully. Youngmin chuckled and shook his head; trying to grasp the fact that he’ll be eating this for a week.

“Umm, Jieun-ah~ can I go out and meet Donghyun at the company tomorrow?”

“What? No way. The doctor told you, that you need to rest from work right?”

“I’m not going to the company to work~” Youngmin rolled his eyes. “I need to talk to Donghyun about something.”

“Can Donghyun oppa come here instead? I'm not letting you go out until you are fully recovered.” You said with a stern voice.

 

“Hmm, okay then. As you wish.” Youngmin winked to calm you down. Your lips curved into a smile.

 

Youngmin enjoyed his dinner with you. Soon, he might not even be able to eat such delicious food and will be surrounded by medical equipments, pills, needles and more. He shuddered at the thought.  

 

 

                The next morning, Donghyun came to the house; just as how you told Youngmin to. Donghyun burst out laughing when he came.  "Jieun is being too strict on you, don't you think so?" 

Youngmin chuckled.

"So, what is it that is so important that you need to talk about? It seems so important that you can't even wait until your week of torture ended." Donghyun joked. 

Youngmin laughed. "It’s not torturing at all. I think so. I can still live with the “diet” Jieun prepared. Well--"

Youngmin paused.

“I’m going to America next week, and you’ll...have to go with me.”

 

“For what?”

“Well, umm… You’re the first person to know about this.” Youngmin bit his lower lip.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Donghyun asked anxiously, becoming more curious.

“I-I...have a heart cancer.” Youngmin finally said.

“What?!” Donghyun’s eyes were opened wide. “I’m s-sure I heard it wrong. Right?” he stuttered.

“It’s true.” Youngmin, doesn’t want to hurt his pride; held himself from crying in front of Donghyun. But inside his heart, he is tearing apart.

“I…couldn’t believe this.” He gulped. “Jieun…She doesn’t know?”

Youngmin shook his head. “The truth is too cruel for her.”

“But hiding it from her is crueller!” Donghyun exclaimed, his expression is more serious now.

“I just can’t told her, Donghyun-ah. I…don’t want to see her cry.” His voice cracked but he still kept himself from crying. 

“That’s not enough a reason to hide it from her. What if she knew about it but it’s too late? You’ll kill her, Youngmin-ah.” his voice was stern.

Donghyun sighed in exasperation. He couldn't believe what Youngmin had just said. He knew Youngmin really well. They are best friends after all. He knew Youngmin would do anything for Jieun as long as she is happy but…this is too much. Things might end badly. "So what is it about America?” Donghyun continued.

 

“America has better facilities. That’s what the doctor said. At least, I can endure this longer if I’m treated at America.” Youngmin explained.

 

“America, huh? I don’t know Youngmin. As much as I want to stop you from hiding the truth from Jieun, I know I can’t go against you with your stubbornness. And why do I have to follow you?”

 

Youngmin's eyes shone with determination. “You’ll know about that soon.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. ^^

So, how about this new chapter? For me, everything was too serious until my face is cramped now. I can't smile for a few minutes after making a serious expression for too long. Kekeke^^ 

Please look forward to next chapter of this fanfic. And also, subscribe and comment if you like the story :)

Spread the love and God Bless. <3