Chapter 19

I'll Be There

Donghyun woke up with a heavy headache. “Ah, my head…” he groaned. He sat up and looked around. Jeongmin was stretching himself as he woke up too. They could smell sweet scent coming from the kitchen.

 

“Okay honey, I’ll feed you. Be patient alright?” Jeongmin patted his stomach and stood up, walking to the kitchen. He saw you and Kwangmin were in the kitchen. Kwangmin was stirring the soup while you were making coffees for them. You turned around and startled by Jeongmin’s appearance.

 

“Ah, Jeongmin!” you put your right hand on your chest, shocked.

 

He put his right hand up, “Yo nuna.” he yawned. As he sat down, Donghyun also came into the kitchen. Others also came in to the kitchen one by one. You chuckled because all of them looked groggy.

 

 “Come on. At least wash your face before we have breakfast. There are new toothbrushes in the bathroom, feel free to use them” you said. Jiyeon was the first to go. After all of them washed up, all of you sat together at the dining table.

Donghyun massaged his temples. “Ah~ My head…” he complained. Jiyeon was doing the same thing.

“That’s what you get for getting too drunk.” Kwangmin said and chuckled.

“Here, drink this. It will help to sober you up.” You said and served hot coffees. You chuckled at Jiyeon’s expression. Her face cringed at the bitter taste of coffee. “Sugar.” You said as you pushed a bottle of sugar to her.  After having breakfast, all of them went home because they didn’t want to trouble both of you.

 

Kwangmin and you waved your hands as you watched them go.

 

“Last night was crazy.” You said.

 

“Yea, it was.” Kwangmin said as he stared at you.

 

“What?” You stared at him back and blushed.

 

“Nothing.” He smirked and shrugged his shoulders. He crashed himself to the couch and the television. You sat quietly beside him and cleared your throat. Both of you watched the television silently. For some reasons, it was awkward for both of you.

 

 

 

“Jieun-ah.”

 

“Yes?” you turned your head to his direction.

 

“Do you want to go for a vacation?”

 

“Sorry?” you tilted your head.

 

“Let’s go to Jeju.” He stared at you. “It’s been awhile since you have some fun right?”

 

“Really?” your eyes widened and you jumped around happily. Kwangmin chuckled at your reaction.

 

“Aigoo, are you that happy?” he shook his head.

 

“Oppa, you don’t know how long have I been waiting for you to say that.” You ran towards Kwangmin and hugged him. He was startled by your sudden hug.

 

“When are we going? Are we the only who’ll be going? Did you buy the plane tickets already?” you threw bullets of question at him.  

 

“Whoa, whoa. Calm down.” He chuckled. “I thought I was going to ask you first so I haven’t done anything yet.”

 

“My answer is yes. Yes. Yes!!” Your eyes shone, you really wanted to go.

 

“But…” Kwangmin paused intentionally. He just wanted to tease you. You pouted your lips. Kwangmin chuckled and ruffled your hair. “Okay, we’ll go.”

 

You beamed and clapped your hands happily.

 

“Tomorrow.” Kwangmin added and that made you much more excited. You kissed his cheek. “I love you, oppa!” you shouted.

 

“I love you too, Jieun-ah.” He said as he smiled and stared at you. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Hey Jeju!!!" You shouted at the beach. Kwangmin quickly grabbed you and covered your mouth.

 

"Ya, everyone is looking." Kwangmin whispered to your ears. You moved his hands.

 

"Sorry, I am too excited." You chuckled.

 

“Before you start to run crazily, let’s go and check in to the hotel first.”

 

“Hee, ne~” you followed Kwangmin.

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you want to share the room?” the receptionist asked.

 

“N-no! We’re not married yet.” You shook your head. The receptionist chuckled. Kwangmin chuckled too but he blushed at your statement.

 

“It has two beds; you don’t have to worry about that. But if you still want to have separate rooms, I can prepare it for you” She explained.

 

“Umm…” You tilted your head. ‘Two rooms will cost too much. I don’t want to trouble oppa…’ you thought. Kwangmin was about to answer when you cut him off. “Just one room, please. It has two beds right? That will be okay…I think”

 

The receptionist smiled. “Are you sure?”

 

Kwangmin looked at you. You made an okay sign to him. Kwangmin chuckled; not because he liked sharing the same room with you but it was because your cheeks were bright red. ‘Aigoo, so cute.’ he thought and shook his head.

 

“Just one room then.” Kwangmin said. The receptionist smiled. Kwangmin grabbed the hotel key card from the receptionist.

 

“Enjoy your stay.” She politely said.

 

 

“Thank you.” Both of you replied then headed to the lift. Both of you were alone in the lift so Kwangmin teased you.

 

“Do you really want to share the same room with me that much?” he teased but he was embarrassed too.

 

“N-no, it’s not like that!” you stuttered. “Oppa, don’t make me blush!” you scoffed and slapped his shoulder playfully. Kwangmin chuckled. When you reached the 9th floor, both of you walked together to your room. Kwangmin swiped the card and the door clicked open. 

 

 

“Wow.” You gasped. The room looked really cosy. The two beds were situated side by side. The sunlight shone brightly through the window. You threw your bag and ran to the balcony. You slid the door opened and stepped outside. You spread out your arms and let the sunlight shone to your face. A breeze blew softly on your face and hair. 

 

Kwangmin stepped closer towards you and slowly wrapped his arms around your waist from the back and placed his chin on top of your right shoulder.

 

“Like it?” Kwangmin asked.

 

“Love it.” you answered.

 

“I’m glad.” He whispered and closed his eyes. He let himself drowned in your sweet scent as the breeze blew softly.

 

You unwrapped his hands from your waist and turned around. “Let’s go to the beach!” you said enthusiastically. Kwangmin chuckled.

 

“Are you sure? Aren’t you tired?”

 

You shook your head, “I’m okay. I’m gonna change first.” You ran and rummaged your bag for a t-shirt and shorts before running into the bathroom to get changed.

 

‘She’s like a little kid.’ Kwangmin laughed.

 

 

 

“Ah, it’s the ocean~!!” You ran and the water splashed all over you as you ran.

 

“Be careful!” Kwangmin shouted.

 

“Oppa, you’re not joining me?” you said as you swam.

 

“Nope!” he chuckled and took out the camera he brought along. He took a lot of pictures of you. You happily swam in the ocean and would occasionally wave at Kwangmin. He laughed and waved back. Suddenly, you struggled to float on the water. The water splashed around as you struggled. Kwangmin’s heart skipped a beat when he saw you were about to drown. He jumped in to save you and swam as fast as he could. He grabbed you from behind. Kwangmin became more nervous when he saw you were unconscious.

 

As he swam and dragged you to the shore, suddenly you burst out laughing and splashed the water to Kwangmin’s face with your hands.

 

“Aish!” Kwangmin sighed in frustration.

 

You kept giggling and swam further away from Kwangmin.

 

“You’re gonna pay for this!” Kwangmin warned and laughed as he swam towards you. He splashed the water to your face; you laughed as you tried to avoid them. Kwangmin grabbed your wrist.

 

“Don’t you ever do that again.” He said as he stared at you.

 

“Mianhae oppa.” You giggled. "I was bored swimming by myself."

 

Kwangmin wanted to scold you for making him felt that way but he couldn't. He chuckled when he saw you staring at him with puppy eyes.

 

Both of you felt tired after playing too long in the water so both of you decided to rest on the beach. Both of you laid down on the sandy beach, trying to catch your breath.

 

“Ah! I never had so much fun before! You were always busy so we never go anywhere for vacation together.”

 

Kwangmin turned his head to look at you. ‘Hyung never brought her anywhere?’

 

You felt his stare. You thought Youngmin was hurt by what you said. “No, it’s not like you never want to go; but every time we have plans, Donghyun oppa would always ruin it and you would be running to work before we could even enjoy ourselves.”

 

‘Oh.’ Kwangmin understood what you meant.

 

“Talking about Donghyun oppa made me feel like he’s going to call soon and we’ll have to leave.” You pouted.

 

Kwangmin sat up and pulled your lips. “Stop pouting. You’re not pretty when you pout.” He laughed.

You sat up and crossed your arms. “I thought you say that I always look pretty?”  

Kwangmin laughed at your expression and poked your cheek.

 

“Don’t worry. We will not leave even if he calls. Let him suffer a bit, right?” he winked. Your lips curved into a smile but then you burst out laughing.

 

“Oppa, your wink looked so weird.”

 

Kwangmin blushed. He knew he couldn’t wink well. “Stop laughing at me or…”

 

“What?” You raised your brows. “Are you going to punish me?” you smirked.

 

Kwangmin leaned closer and gave you a peck on the lips. “Or I will not give you that ever again.” He said, making you speechless. Kwangmin quickly grabbed his camera and took a picture of you. You were startled by the sudden flash from the camera.

 

“Why did you take a candid picture? I must have looked ugly.” you whined.

 

“Don’t worry. You looked pretty.” Kwangmin said and he meant it. If he could, he would take another billion more pictures of you. He wanted to keep them for himself as they were his memories with you. He knew he couldn’t be with you when everything ends; no matter how it would end. He felt that you would hate him in the end; no matter if his brother survived or not.

 

 

 

 

 

.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Thank you for reading. ^^

P/s : I changed the background.^^