Chapter 3

I'll Be There

Donghyun is waiting anxiously outside the emergency room. He is walking around restlessly.

‘Please be okay.' He muttered to himself. 'Where is Jieun? She should be here soon.' Donghyun bit his lips.

"Donghyun oppa!" Your face is pale.

"Jieun-ah! Are you okay?" Donghyun asked, worried after seeing your pale face.

"Where’s Youngmin oppa? What happened?" You asked as you cried.

"Shh, shh it’s okay. I’m not sure; the doctor is working on it. Let’s just hope he will be okay." You almost fell on her knees but Donghyun grabbed you and make you sit down on the chair.

"He will be okay." 

Suddenly, the doctor came out of the room.

"Are you his family members?" the doctor asked.

"No." both of you answered at the same time.

"She’s his girlfriend and I am his best friend. Can you tell us about Youngmin?"

"He’s currently stable now but we need to undergo some tests on him."

"What kind of tests?"

"I’m sorry, I can’t tell you more because both of you are not his family members. Please inform his family if you could. You can visit him when he’s in better condition but I advised you to go home now. He will need some time to rest."

"Y-yes." Donghyun answered.

You were silent. Tears rolled down your cheeks.

"Youngmin oppa..."

"It’s okay, Jieun-ah. You heard the doctor yourself. He’s fine. Don’t worry." 

"But, he had to have some test. What kind of test is it?"

"I... don’t know…" Donghyun is speechless; he couldn’t say anything to you. "Go home, Jieun-ah. The hospital will call if anything happen."

"I don’t want to. I will wait here until he wakes up."

"Okay, then I'll accompany you. Let me get you something to drink first okay? You looked really pale."

You nodded weakly. A few minutes later, Donghyun came back with a cup of warm tea in his hand.

 

"Here, drink this. It will help you calm down."

"Thank you, oppa." Colours come back to your face and you felt calmer.

 

 

 

Youngmin opened his eyes and looked around.

'Am I at the hospital? What happened? I-I can’t remember. And why am I using a respirator?’ He tried to get up, suddenly the nurse came into the room.

"Youngmin-ssi? Are you awake? Please lie down, you should not move around too much." the nurse said.

Youngmin took off his respirator so that he could talk but as soon as he took them off, he had trouble breathing so he put them back.

"You are not in better condition yet. Please don’t take the respirator off. We’ll be running some tests tomorrow.  Are you having any problem right now? Head ache? Or pain on your chest?"

Youngmin shook his head.

"Then, I’ll leave first. Please rest and don’t move too much okay? Your visitors are outside. I will let them in after this. If you need anything, press the emergency button." The nurse left the room.

Youngmin tried to remember what had happened to him. It doesn’t take him long to remember that he had lost consciousness in his office. Suddenly, you came into the room. Tears were running down your eyes. Youngmin’s heart broke to see you in such state.

"Youngmin-ah!" You ran towards him and hugged him. "Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

He hugged you back and shook his head. He wanted to talk but he couldn’t take off the respirator.

"Do you have to use that?" Donghyun asked. 

Youngmin nodded.

"I am so worried about you. I was worried you would l-leave me." You cried again. Youngmin patted your back, trying to calm you down.

"Yea. My heart almost stopped when your secretary told me that you fainted. Maybe you’re working too hard." Donghyun said, worried about his friend.

Youngmin shook his head. He disagreed with Donghyun’s statement.

 

"Anyway, you should rest. Don’t worry about the project. I will try to postpone the due date. Let just hope the client will agree to it."

Youngmin just shrugged his shoulders. He was disappointed that he couldn't finish it earlier.

"It’s okay Youngmin-ah. Once you are better, you can continue with your work. Don’t worry about the office. I can deal with it by myself." Donghyun paused. "I’ll be going home first." He said, wanting to give some privacy for both of you.

"Jieun, if you need anything, call me." he said before he left.

"Yes oppa.."

Donghyun left the room.

"See what you did to yourself? You worked too hard." You said as she stared at Youngmin.

Youngmin wiped off her tears and patted her hand to show that everything is okay.

"Now, we can’t go to dinner and watch some movie." You pouted but you are not disappointed. You actually are glad that Youngmin is okay.

Youngmin put his hand together to show that he is sorry.

"It’s okay. You better get well soon. The doctor said you have to undergo some tests. I hope it’s not something serious." You sighed. "Anyway, you should rest!"

Youngmin smiled at your childish tone and lie down on the bed. He looked at you before he closed his eyes and went to sleep.

‘I hope it is not anything serious too’ he thought to himself.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading^^

Please comment and subscribe.

Spread the love <3