Chapter 12

I'll Be There

Both of you were on your way home. Kwangmin were silent the whole time in the car. He knew that you were constantly looking at him and were waiting for him to say something but he didn’t. He didn’t know what to talk about. He tried to act nonchalant by making himself looked immersed by the scenery. You tilted your head; feeling weird.

Kwangmin heavily stepped inside his new house that he’s going to live in with his brother’s girlfriend.

“Oppa, go and have your shower. I’ll make you dinner ‘kay?” You said.

“Y-yea.”

Kwangmin went upstairs only to find himself confused of where should he go. He opened all the doors to the rooms at the hallway; one by one, searching for his room. He also peeked behind him to make sure you weren’t there and saw him acting suspicious in the house. He finally found his room. He was sure because his brother’s drawings were there. He sighed. He took off the scarf you made for him and threw himself on the bed, too tired of acting.

‘This…is not meant for me. It was for hyung. I can feel that she put a lot effort into making this.’ he thought as he looked at the scarf. ‘God….’ He sighed.

Kwangmin shook his head and got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom to have his shower. He was lucky since he didn’t have to share the same bathroom with you. Even the hot water coming off from the shower couldn’t calm his nerves down. His head was hurting after thinking of what he should do next.

‘Damn. What am I going to do next?’ he thought, drying his hair using a towel. After putting some clothes on, he threw himself to the bed again. The real Youngmin would go downstairs, running towards you but no, he’s not Youngmin. How could he love or act like he loves her when he doesn’t? Even if he tries to, his heart is not ready for it.

The sudden knock on his door startled him. You opened the door slightly.

“O..ppa?”

“N-ne?”

“The dinner is ready.”

“Ah, I see. I’ll be go-going downstairs in a while.” Kwangmin stuttered.

“Alright~” You closed the door.

‘Why is he acting like that? He’s been that way since he got back from America. Did something happen? Hmm…’  You could feel Youngmin is not acting like his usual self.

Kwangmin went downstairs with heavy steps. He had no choice but to meet you. He was afraid that you will discover that he is not the real Youngmin.

When he reached the dining room, his eyes were opened wide. Numbers of delicious, mouth-watering dishes were served on the dining table. ‘She can cook?’ he thought to himself. Youngmin told him that you couldn’t so Kwangmin was taken aback.

You chuckled at Kwangmin’s expression. “How was it? I learnt how to cook during your absence.”

“They looked…delicious.” Kwangmin smiled at you, acting like how he thought his brother would act. He pulled the chair and slowly sat down.

“Oppa, try them out.” You said with shining eyes.

“Ah, n-ne” Kwangmin grabbed the cutleries and start eating. ‘Wow, pretty good for a beginner.’ he thought to himself. He noticed you were watching at him intensely, waiting for him to say something.

“They…taste heavenly.” He responded, just the way as his brother would probably say.

“Really?” you said with a high pitched voice. There was an obvious tone of joy in your voice. You clapped your hands happily and started to eat as well.

Both of you were enjoying dinner; in a way though. But the awkward and quiet atmosphere made you felt uncomfortable. Kwangmin looked calm but inside, he’s in panic mode and kept searching for something to talk about. He heard thousands of stories from his hyung but none of them were useful enough this time.

“Oppa, how was America?” You asked, trying to break the silence.

“It was alright.” Kwangmin answered. “It would be better if you could follow me along.” he added and clenched his fist under the table. He felt uncomfortable saying sweet things, especially after being heartbroken.

You curved your lips into a smile. An angelic smile that took Kwangmin’s breath away when he saw it.  He was staring at you intensely unknowingly. It took him minutes to regain his self after being caught by your charm. He cleared his throat and continued to eat his dinner, a bit flustered.

‘Get ahold of yourself together!’ Kwangmin thought.

Both of you finished your dinner after those awkward moments.  He helped cleaning up the dishes, together with you. He couldn’t throw away the awkwardness between them and he hated himself for being so hopeless. He then excused himself and told you he was tired and need some sleep. You responded awkwardly by nodding your head. You blinked your eyes, confused by Youngmin’s behaviour.

Kwangmin entered his room and locked the door. He leaned his body against the door and ruffled his hair. ‘Ah, I’m going crazy~!’ he mumbled to himself. ‘How the heck am I going to endure this until hyung found a donor?’ Kwangmin thought but then, reality strike him. ‘What if hyung didn’t find a donor?’ he thought again and sighed.

Kwangmin woke up early in the morning. He went to the kitchen and peeked to see if you has woken up too but he saw no one in the kitchen. He analyzed the kitchen thoroughly. ‘Simple but nice.’ He thought. He chuckled to himself.

‘What am I doing? I sounded like someone who is going to buy a house.’ He opened the fridge. ‘There’s nothing much in here. Gonna buy something later.’ He put his finger to his chin, thinking of something.

‘Should I make breakfast to thank her for last night dinner? Hmm…There are enough ingredients for sandwiches…’ he thought. ‘Whatever, let’s just make some.’

He gathered all the ingredients and put them on the counter. He made them in about half an hour. ‘Ah…This is enough.’ He thought, satisfied. ‘It’s funny how I spent my morning, making someone else’s breakfast when I used to eat alone in the morning.' He shook his head and smiled to himself.

 

“Oppa?”

 

Your husky voice startled him and made him tripped over his own foot. He managed to save himself from falling down though. He turned around, only to find you still in your pajamas and were rubbing your left eye. ‘How could someone looks so…adorable in the morning? He thought, dazed by the sight of your appearance. ‘She’s not yours’ his own voice echoed in his head. ‘Ah, that’s right’ he thought again.

 

“Good morning Jieun-ah.” he greeted, much more comfortable now. He gained his confidence as he didn’t want his cover to blow up so soon. He still needs to fulfill his brother’s promise.

“Good morning oppa.” you responded and smiled. Your oppa finally sounded like your usual oppa. “Wah~ you made breakfast?” you asked, your face was glowing with joy.

Kwangmin just nodded his head.

“Hm, wait for a while alright? I want to have my shower first.” You said as you run upstairs.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yum~ This is delicious oppa! I didn’t know you can cook!”

 

“You’re not the only one who is learning to cook.” Kwangmin lied.

 

You chuckled and continued to eat your breakfast.

 

Kwangmin glanced at his watch. ‘It’s still early. I bet Hyunseong is still asleep by now. There’s no need to rush though, the restaurant is still not open for business. Wait...Hyunseong!’ Kwangmin’s eyes opened wide. He totally forgot about him. He left him at the airport along with Donghyun. ‘Damn!’ he thought again.

 

“Wae oppa? Are you late for work?” You asked, confused.

 

“N-no, it’s not that. I forgot something important. It’s just some work stuffs, nothing serious.” He answered and pulled out his brother’s cellphone. “Excuse me for a while. I need to call Donghyun.”

 

Kwangmin got up and went to the living room. He searched for Donghyun’s name on the cellphone. He dialed the number and tapped his right foot, waiting for Donghyun to answer the call.

 

“Hello? Youngmin?” 

 

“No, it’s Kwangmin. Hyung gave me his phone. Donghyun, what happened to Hyunseong?” he asked straight to the point. 

 

“He’s here. Both of us were kind of dumbfounded when you left us; I mean, when Jieun took you away.” Donghyun laughed over the phone.

 

Kwangmin sighed in relief and laughed along. “Alright, see you later then. Text me your company’s address.”

 

“Alright.” Donghyun said and hung up.

 

Kwangmin went back to the dining room.

 

“Um, Jieun ah. Something came up at the company so I have to go now. You don’t mind, do you?” Kwangmin asked and raised his brows.

 

“I don’t mind.” You answered.

 

“See you later Jieun ah~ I won’t be coming home late, so don’t worry.” Kwangmin said as cheerful as he can. He shivered listening to his own words. He is still not used to this.

“Ne~Oppa, saranghae~” You said sweetly.

“Me too.” He replied, but he didn’t mean it and he cursed himself for lying to you. It’s just doesn't feel right for Kwangmin to do so.

He was about to go out when you suddenly called him again.

“Oppa! You forgot something.”

Kwangmin turned around and suddenly, you kissed his cheek. Kwangmin blinked his eyes, shocked by the sudden kiss from you.

 “Be careful on the road” you waved at Kwangmin and smiled. Your cheeks were rosy pink, blushing.

“N-ne” Kwangmin was speechless. He got into the car parked outside the house. He placed his hand to his chest. He could feel his heart is beating really fast. ‘So what if she kiss you? Why are you reacting like this?’ Kwangmin thought.

 

‘That was not meant for you. She thought you are Youngmin, your hyung.’ he kept repeating to himself but his heart beat won’t slow down.

 

“Aishhhh, seriously” he mumbled in frustration and bit his lips. He started the car engine and drove off to Donghyun's company.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading.^^

I apologize for making the readers wait for so long. I kind of...got stuck? Haha :P I apologize again *kneel down on the floor* Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading and I made this chapter a little bit longer but I'm not sure if it was long for you guys. :P

By the way, have you ever seen Kwangmin when he's not in a good mood? I saw it in Boyfriend W Academy and my heart kind of beating real fast. It's heartbreaking, lol :P

Please subscribe and comment. It's nice to see someone's comment on the chapters or the fic and kind of made my day even if  you're pointing out my flaws^^ (As long you're being nice in the comment, kekeke) If you are a silent reader, that's alright too.

Spread the love and God Bless <3