Chapter 25

I'll Be There

Minwoo was in the restaurant with his cousin, Suzy. He looked at Suzy suspiciously because of what had happened earlier.

 

“Why are you calling Youngmin hyung your fiancé?” Minwoo asked.

 

Suzy who was drinking her orange juice, almost spat out her juice and burst out laughing. But she stopped when Minwoo glared at her. She cleared and continued to chuckle.

 

“What do you mean? He’s not Youngmin.” Suzy rolled her eyes.

 

“What?” Minwoo raised his voice. He became much more confused because of Suzy.

 

“You don’t know? That is Kwangmin oppa, Youngmin’s twin.” She smirked.

 

“Twins? He has a twin?!”

 

“You didn’t know? I thought it was obvious.”

 

“But, how can you differentiate between them?” Minwoo asked curiously.

 

“Heh, I don’t. Since he reacted that way, he must be Kwangmin oppa. Plus, it was nice to see some drama right?” she laughed.

 

Minwoo rolled his eyes. “I couldn’t believe she is my cousin.” He thought. He clenched his fist. “But, why is Kwangmin acting as Youngmin hyung? What is his purpose?”

 

“I wonder why Kwangmin oppa hanging around with that girl. I think I need to give her some lesson and made her go away from Kwangmin oppa.” Suzy continued and smirked.

 

“Don’t you. Even. Dare. Touch. Her.” Minwoo became furious and grabbed her wrist.

 

“Oh God! Not you too! Okay, okay! Let me go!” Suzy yelled. Minwoo let go of her wrist and glared at her once again. She her wrist and slightly smiled.

 

“Oh cousin, you don’t know what I’m capable of. You’ll see.” Suzy smirked.

 

Minwoo knew exactly how Suzy is like. She’ll do anything to get what she wanted even if she has to hurt someone else. But he wouldn’t let her hurt you. He glared at Suzy again.

 

 

 

The house was dark when Kwangmin entered. But he knew you were home because your shoes were there. He switched on the light and slowly went upstairs. His heart broke when he could hear you sobbing in your room. He slowly knocked on the door.

 

“Jieun-ah…” he called.

 

“Go away…” You answered weakly.

 

Kwangmin bit his lips. Everything was simply a misunderstanding. He really wanted to explain everything to you but he couldn’t. He fell down on his knees in front of your room.

 

“How am I supposed to explain to you Jieun-ah? Suzy was my fiancée but she’s not anymore. But she was MY fiancée and not hyung’s…Ah hyung….what am I supposed to do now…” his mind was in a mess. He didn’t know what he should do or explain to you.  

 

 

 

You slowly woke up from your sleep. You rubbed your eyes and covered them from the sunlight that shone through your windows. You slowly sat up. Your eyes felt puffy after crying for the whole night. Your eyes started to tear up again when you remembered what had happened yesterday. You shook your head, trying to forget Suzy’s face. You slowly got up and went to the bathroom to wash your face.

 

“Youngmin oppa must have gone to work right?” You thought as you twisted the knob of your bedroom’s door. You were startled when you saw Kwangmin’s legs and quickly closed the door back.

 

“What is he doing there? Did he sleep outside for the whole night?” You peeked again only to see Kwangmin was sleeping on the floor. He was curling in his sleep because it was cold. You felt bad to see him like that so you grabbed your blanket.

 

“Why is he waiting for me like this? Isn’t it obvious that he cheated on me when he went to America?” you thought as you covered him with your blanket. Suddenly, Kwangmin stirred and woke up from his sleep. His eyes widened when he saw you. You were about to run back to your room but Kwangmin grabbed your wrist.

 

“Wait, Jieun-ah. It’s not what you think it was…” his voice was husky.

 

“What, oppa?” Isn’t it obvious that you cheated on me?” your voice cracked and tears trickled down your face again.

 

“No, I didn’t cheat on you…” Kwangmin tried to explain but he didn’t know how to explain. You pulled your hand harshly.

 

“Leave me alone oppa.”  You coldly said and went back to your room.

 

Kwangmin clenched his fist. He didn’t know what he should do anymore.

 

“If that what you wish, I’ll leave you alone…Jieun-ah, for now…But I still have to keep my promise to hyung… Let time decide how I am going to fix this situation…”

 

 

 

Kwangmin stood up because he decided to go to work. Suddenly he felt dizzy and almost fell down. He leaned against the wall and rubbed his temples.

 

“Ah, what’s wrong with my head?” he thought. He walked slowly downstairs and prepared your breakfast and left a note.

 

“Jieun-ah, no matter how angry you are with me right now, I hope you’ll eat your breakfast…”

 

Kwangmin grabbed his coat before leaving the house.

 

“Aish, what’s wrong with the weather? Why is it so cold?” he thought as he rubbed his palms together.

 

 

 

You heard the sound of the car. You knew that Kwangmin has left for work. You sighed and your necklace. You blinked your eyes hard because they felt puffy after crying so much.

 

“I don’t know what I should believe anymore…I might as well leave this house, I don’t want to see you again…” you thought.

 

You slowly walked to the door and went downstairs. You saw the meals that were prepared by Kwangmin. You grabbed the note that was placed under the plates. After reading the note, you crumpled the paper and threw it away.

 

“Why do you care so much?” you bit your lips in anger and held yourself from crying again. Rather than eating the breakfast that was prepared by Kwangmin, you grabbed a bottle of milk in the fridge and ate cereals instead.

 

 

 

Minwoo was waiting for Kwangmin in the restaurant, Eclipse. He tapped his fingers on the table as he waited for Kwangmin. He knew Kwangmin would come out sooner or later.

 

Kwangmin started to feel uncomfortable. His mind was getting dizzier so he decided to rest and took a walk outside.

 

“Hyunseong-ah, I’m going out for a while. Please take care of things while I’m gone, alright?” Kwangmin said.

 

“Ne, hyung-nim.” Hyunseong nodded.

 

Kwangmin grabbed his coat and went outside. Hyunseong felt weird because the weather was not that cold. He kept wondering why Kwangmin wore a coat on such a warm day.

 

Kwangmin slowly walked outside on the pavement as he rubbed his palms together. His head felt really heavy for no reason. Suddenly, someone grabbed him from behind. He was startled for a moment.

 

“Oh, Minwoo-ah.” Kwangmin was slightly nervous because he knew that Minwoo saw everything yesterday. He knew that Minwoo must be wondering about his relationship with Suzy. Before he could say anything, Minwoo suddenly grabbed his collar.

 

“Don’t act like you really know me, you imposter.” Minwoo growled.

 

“What?” Kwangmin became confused.

 

“You’re not Youngmin hyung right?” Minwoo glared at him.

 

“Suzy must have told him about me…” Kwangmin thought. “So what if I’m not?” Kwangmin questioned.

 

“Why are you acting as Youngmin hyung?! Are you trying to hurt Jieun-ssi huh?” Minwoo raised his voice and slammed Kwangmin to the wall.

 

“You don’t know anything so shut up.”

 

“What? I swear I kill you if you hurt her, damn it!”

 

Kwangmin pulled away from Minwoo harshly. “Stop acting like you know everything. I did this because of Youngmin hyung.”

 

“What do you mean? Why would he make you do this?”

 

“It’s….complicated.” Kwangmin’s vision became blurry. He slowly fell down on his knees. The next second, he out.

 

“Ya, ya…” Minwoo became nervous. He shook Kwangmin’s body and slowly slapped his face. Kwangmin was breathing hard. “Hey, wake up!” Minwoo placed his palm on Kwangmin’s head.

 

“He’s burning up! I need to send him to hospital.” Minwoo pulled Kwangmin up and placed Kwangmin’s arms around his shoulders. He dragged Kwangmin back to the restaurant so that Kwangmin felt warmer while waiting for the ambulance.

 

All the people in the restaurant started to murmur. Minwoo placed Kwangmin on the chair and called the hospital. The waiters were all dumbfounded when they saw Kwangmin lying unconscious.

 

“Ya, don’t just look! Bring me a wet towel or something! He has a high fever!” Minwoo yelled to one of the waiters.

 

Hyunseong who heard the Minwoo’s voice quickly went out from the kitchen. He thought that one of their customers was complaining about their foods or something. His eyes widened when he saw Kwangmin was lying down on the chair.

 

“Hyung-nim!” He shouted and shook Kwangmin’s body.

 

“He has a high fever. I called the hospital already. They’ll be here soon.” Minwoo explained.

 

Hyunseong just nodded and grabbed the wet towel that was given by the waiter. He lightly wiped Kwangmin’s face with it. Minwoo pulled out his phone and called you.

 

You were watching the TV mindlessly, and got startled when the phone rang. You were reluctant to pick up the phone because you thought it was Kwangmin. But you answered it when you saw it was Minwoo’s name.

 

“Hello? Minwoo?”

 

“Jieun-ah, Kwa-“ Minwoo was about to say his real name but he stopped himself. ‘Maybe I should listen to his story first. I’m gonna help you only this time, Kwangmin.’ Minwoo thought.

 

“Yes?” You asked again, confused.

 

“Youngmin hyung….he fainted. We’re on our way to hospital now.”

 

Your eyes widened. The phone slipped away from your hand.