Chapter 32

I'll Be There

“Jieun-ah, Jieun-ah.” Jinki shook your shoulders. You opened your eyes and stretched out your hands.

 

“You should go back to the hotel now. I’ll stay with Youngmin for a while.” Jinki said.

 

You rarely left Youngmin’s side except early in the morning to go back to the hotel to have your shower and your breakfast. If you could, you won’t even leave but your brother always urged you to go.

 

You nodded your head weakly.

 

“Oppa, I’ll be back.” You patted lightly on Youngmin’s hand and went out the room.

 

As you stepped out the room, Kwangmin quickly hid away from you. You didn’t realize he was there; watching you leave. You walked out the hospital and stood at the bus stop; waiting for taxi instead of a bus.

 

You cupped your face and yawned; still feeling sleepy. You rubbed your hands together and tapped your foot as you waited for the taxi. The weather was cold. You lowered down your head and closed your eyes; thinking about Youngmin. And Kwangmin. You let out a deep sigh.

 

“Well, well. Look who’s there.” Suzy talked to herself as she tapped her finger on the driving wheel. She was also there; watching you. She was startled when her phone ringed. She looked at the caller id and gulped.

 

“What?” Suzy answered coldly.

 

“Hey there pretty lady. Why are you being so cold?” The man chuckled over the phone.

 

“I don’t have it now. Can’t you wait?” Suzy bit her lips.

 

“You know things don’t work that way, Bae Suzy. Money or blood; choose one.” He cackled.

 

Suzy hung up the phone and threw away her phone in anger. She grabbed the driving wheel tight and smirked.

 

“Poor little Jieun-ssi. You and your Youngmin o-p-p-a have to go so that I can have Kwangmin and all his fortune by myself.”

click click ^^

She stepped on the gas pedal and accelerated towards you but you didn’t realize it. You were still closing your eyes and thinking about the twins.

 

‘No. Jieun!’ Kwangmin rushed towards you and pushed you away. You were startled by the sudden push and fell down.

 

THUD!

                                                                                                ***

 

Jinki was sitting down beside Youngmin’s bed.

“When are you going to wake up, chingu-yah. I know you’re stronger than this. Wake up, for Jieun. For me and Kwangmin too.” Jinki whispered.

Suddenly, the monitor started to beep loudly. Jinki’s eyes widened and his heart started to beat faster. “No, Youngmin. No.” He pressed on the emergency button countless time.

                                                                                                ***

Your eyes widened and your jaws dropped. You shivered and cold sweats trickled down your spine. You slowly crawled to the person who saved you and turned his body towards you.

 

‘No. No. No.’ you chanted. Your breathing became heavier and tears brimmed in your eyes as you held him in your arms. Blood oozed out of him, you trembled as you held him. The people started to gather and circled around you. Suzy drove away in fear. Your head went dizzy but you bit your lips; trying to stay conscious. You couldn’t hear anything but your heartbeat.

 

‘K-Kwangmin. No. No.’ Tears rolled down your cheeks as you touched his face. ‘Someone please. Please save him…’ You tried to say but your voice weren’t coming out. Someone pushed you away and took Kwangmin in his arms.

 

“Miss, we should quickly send him to the emergency room.” His voice was faint and you couldn’t even see his face because of your tears. You gather the strength to stand up and followed the man from behind.

 

Everything went so fast, you couldn’t even remember anything. The next thing you knew, you were on your knees in front of the emergency room. Minwoo ran towards you and shook you hard.

“M-Minwoo.” Is all you could say. You fell in his arms and cried. Minwoo put his arms around you and pat your back.

“Calm down, Jieun-ah. What happened?”

 

You shook your head. “I don’t know, I don’t know. Everything went so fast. I-I-” You cried harder. He hugged you tighter and tried to calm you down but you couldn’t. You were still trembling and cold sweats still ran down your spine. Minwoo glanced at the room but there was still no sign of anyone coming out. But then the door creaked opened and the doctor stepped out.

 

Minwoo helped you to stand up.

 

“How is he?” Minwoo asked. You’re still in his arms; hoping for a good news.

 

The doctor shook his head. “I’m not sure.”

 

“Why are you not sure?!” You started to shout. Minwoo held you tight in his arms.

 

“Calm down, Jieun-ah.”

 

The doctor was silent for a while and continued, “Actually, Kwangmin-ssi volunteered to donate his heart to his brother and he said, if anything happened to him, he said to give his heart to his brother.”

 

“W-wait. What?” Your voice trembled. Minwoo bit his lips; he knew about this. Suddenly, his phone ringed. Minwoo clucked his tongue and pulled out his phone.

 

“Hello? Hyung?” Minwoo answered. You weren’t listening to him. You were still shocked after what the doctor had said.

 

“What?” His arms around you started to loosen up. You looked at him. His jaws dropped and he looked back at you.

 

“Jieun-ah. Youngmin hyung, he-“ He hesitated. Your heart started to ache and beat faster.

 

‘No, please. Not another bad news.’

 

“He’s in the emergency room. His heartbeats dropped.” He finished his sentence.

 

Your knees went weak and you fell on the floor. You gripped your chest. Your heart was hurting so much.

 

‘I don’t want to lose any of them. What should I do? Don’t leave me, Kwangmin-ah!’  

 

                                                                                ***

 

Kwangmin opened his eyes and was blinded by the bright light. He covered his eyes and slowly sat up. The cool breeze blew and hit him. He looked around the wide, green field but there were no one. He stood up and started to walk. His body felt light.

‘Where am I?’ He thought. He touched his forehead; he couldn’t remember anything.

Suddenly he saw a door creaked open out of nowhere in the field. His heart beat faster as he saw someone walked out that door.

That man smiled and reached out his hand.

“Appa?”

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readerssss, after two years long of hiatus. I'm backkkk! I'm really sorry I took too long.

The ending is coming! Enjoy reading, dear readers!