Chapter 24

I'll Be There

The morning sun shone brightly from the windows. Kwangmin stirred from his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. He turned his head to his right side. He could see your face as you slept in his arms. Both of you had fell asleep on the couch after the party last night. Kwangmin smiled to himself as he caressed your face with his fingers.

 

Suddenly, your eyes slowly opened. You tossed to your left side and accidentally hit Kwangmin’s face.

 

“Ow!” Kwangmin whined.

 

“Ah, oppa! I’m sorry!” your voice was still husky.

 

Kwangmin laughed and pinched your cheeks, “It doesn’t really hurt, so don’t worry.”

 

You chuckled and rubbed your eyes. You looked at the wall clock. Your eyes widened and you sat up immediately. “Oppa, you’re late!”

 

Kwangmin also turned his head to the wall clock and then chuckled. “No, I’m not late. I’m not going to work today.” He said and looked back at you. “And you’re not going to work either.” You tilted your head; feeling confused.

 

“Let have a date to celebrate our anniversary. I don’t think last night party was enough.” Kwangmin said with a smile. “But; first, you have to take your shower.” Kwangmin continued and patted your head. You giggled and smiled sheepishly at Kwangmin.

 

 

After breakfast, both of you made your way to the amusement park. There were not a lot of people because it was not weekend. Kwangmin grabbed your hand and guided you. You smiled sheepishly and followed him but then something caught your eyes as you walked.

 

“Wait, oppa! Let get those!” you pulled Kwangmin’s hand to a little store that sold headbands. You pulled a black bunny headband and put it on Kwangmin’s head.

 

“Oppa, you look so cute.” You giggled.

 

Kwangmin chuckled and grabbed the pink one and put it on your head.

 

“You look cute too, Jieun-ah.” He chuckled and ruffled your hair before pinching your cheek with his right hand. Both of you continued walking to the roller coaster ride.

 

You gulped when you saw the roller coaster. Kwangmin chuckled at your expression and held your hand tighter.

 

“Are you scared?” Kwangmin asked.

 

“N-no! I’m not scared.” You denied. Kwangmin burst out laughing because of your obvious lie.

 

 

 

When the roller coaster ride started to move slowly, you quickly grabbed Kwangmin’s arms and closed your eyes.

 

“I thought you’re not scared?” Kwangmin smirked.

 

“Well….maybe, a little bit?” you answered, you were slightly trembling. Kwangmin laughed and took your hand.

 

“It’s okay, I’m here.” He smiled.

 

You smiled back at him but you gulped again. Both of them screamed their lungs out when the roller coaster accelerated along the track. When the ride was over, you were still trembling and almost fell down when you tried to get off the roller coaster. Luckily, Kwangmin managed to grab your waist.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Y-yes, I’m okay.”

 

Kwangmin chuckled. Kwangmin held you as you walked to the next destination.

 

“Oppa, where are we going?” You asked curiously.

 

“There.” Kwangmin answered and pointed the Haunted House.

 

“No way.” Your mouth fell open. Kwangmin chuckled again and pat your shoulders.

 

“Don’t worry. It’s going to be fun.”

 

You raised your left brow at Kwangmin and looked at him sceptically. Kwangmin laughed and dragged you to the Haunted House. Both of you entered the Haunted House after paying for the ticket. It was really dark and had little light inside. You grabbed Kwangmin’s arms tighter. Both of you became wary to your surroundings. Suddenly, something swiftly grabbed your legs and made you screamed to the top of her lungs. Kwangmin quickly dragged you to walk faster. You could see the exit as you ran past the scary things.   

 

Both of you were out of breath after running out from the Haunted House. Kwangmin laughed at your pale face. You must have been really scared. He decided to take you to the café first.

 

“Let’s go to the café and get something to calm you down before you fainted or something.” Kwangmin said and chuckled.

 

 

 

You slowly sipped your warm tea while Kwangmin drank his orange juice. You felt calmer and colours came back to her face.

 

“So, where are we going next?” You asked curiously.

 

“Somewhere that is not scary and doesn’t make us scream out of nowhere.” Kwangmin laughed.

 

You sighed in relief.

 

 

 

 

“Oppa, where are we going exactly?” You asked again.

 

Kwangmin just smiled and kept dragging you to somewhere. “There.” He pointed. You turned your head to the place he’s pointing on. It was a ferris wheel. You were slightly worried because of the height of the ferris wheel.

 

After paying for the ticket, both of you got on the ferris wheel. You were nervous because it moved around and was unstable. You kept biting your lips, worried. Kwangmin realised that and pulled you closer to calm you down.

 

“I’m here. Don’t worry too much.”

 

You nodded your head but you were still worried. You were startled when the ferris wheel started to move and quickly closed your eyes. Kwangmin put his arms around your waist and whispered to your ears.

 

“Hey, open your eyes. It’s okay.”

 

You slowly opened your eyes and saw the beautiful scene. You smiled and your fear started to disappear.

 

“It’s so beautiful….” You said.

 

“I told you so.” Kwangmin smiled and hugged you tighter.

 

“Look, oppa! Everything looked so small from up here.” You giggled. Kwangmin just chuckled at your childish behaviour.

 

The sun slowly shone through the window and made the necklace that you were wearing sparkled. Kwangmin looked at the necklace.

 

“It looks so good on you.”

 

You smiled and the necklace with your fingers. “It’s because oppa is the one who choose it.”

 

“I’m glad I made the right choice.” Kwangmin smiled. You blushed slightly and put your head on Kwangmin’s shoulders. Both of you enjoyed the ride together.

 

 

 

After the ride ended, they decided to go home.

 

“Oppa, let’s buy ddeokbukki before going home.” You said enthusiastically.

 

“Alright.” Kwangmin smiled.

 

He laughed when you started to run around like a little kid. You waved at Kwangmin so that Kwangmin would walk faster. Kwangmin chuckled and quickened his paces. He was startled when suddenly someone hugged him from behind.

 

“Yeobo!” she said as she hugged Kwangmin.

 

Kwangmin knew exactly whose voice it was. He gulped because he could see your smiles started to fade away. He took the hands off him and turned around.

 

“Suzy…” Kwangmin’s eyes widened when he saw another person was there.

 

“Minwoo…” Kwangmin stuttered.

 

Minwoo raised his left brow. “Yeobo?” he asked with a sceptical look.

 

Kwangmin was nervous because his secret was on the verge of danger. He turned around to look back at you. Apparently you heard Suzy called him “Yeobo” just now.

 

“Who…are you?” Jieun asked.

 

“I am Suzy; his fiancée from America. And who are you? What are you doing with my fiancé?’ Suzy answered coldly and looked at you with disgust.

 

Your eyes started to tear up and you slowly stepped back. You almost stumbled as you tried to run.

 

“Jieun, wait! It’s not what you think it is!” Kwangmin shouted and went to run after you. But Suzy pulled his arms back.

 

“Yeobo, where are you going?” she whined.

 

“Put. Your. Hands. Off. Me.” Kwangmin warned her and pulled away from her harshly. He ran after you as fast as he could.

 

You were crying as you ran. You didn’t know where you were running to but you kept running as long as you could get away from Kwangmin. But you were too tired and started to slow down. You fell down on your knees.

 

“You had a fiancée, oppa? How could you do this to me? Did you went to America to meet her?” You thought as you cried. You couldn’t believe that Youngmin cheated on you.

 

Kwangmin was out of breath after running around, looking for you but you were nowhere to be seen.

 

“Where are you, Jieun-ah? It’s not what you think it is….” His eyes also started to tear up. “Ah hyung. What am I going to do now?” he sighed in exasperation.

 

“What is she doing here? She’s not even my fiancée anymore. Everything was going so well until she turned up.” Kwangmin thought and clenched his fist.