Chapter 13

I'll Be There

Kwangmin entered the company building. The staffs greeted him brightly as if he was a famous person. He just smiled and bowed his head formally at them, not knowing the reason why is he being treated as a special person at the company. He entered the lift and pressed on the 3rd floor button, following the address given by Donghyun. He bit his lower lip and kept tapping his right foot, feeling anxious for no reason. ‘Ding!’ He was startled by the lift’s sound.

 

He stepped out the lift and walked across the hallway. At the end of the hallway, there was an office with desks arranged in proper manner. A group of busy-looking people who were engrossed in their work could be seen. As Kwangmin stepped closer, all of them looked up in a synchronized manner.

 

‘Good morning, Mr.Youngmin’ all of them greeted and smiled at Kwangmin. He smiled awkwardly at them. ‘Good morning” he said in a low voice, feeling awkward with them. He walked past them and turned left where there was another hallway.

“Good morning, Mr Kwangmin. Mr. Donghyun is waiting for you.”

Kwangmin was taken aback by the beauty of the secretary. She has a sleek hair, S-line body shape and a flawless skin but despite her almost perfect appearance, even for Kwangmin, there is something about your beauty that even this almost-perfect secretary can’t beat.

“Good morning. How did you know my name?” Kwangmin asked curiously and anxiously.

“Mr Donghyun has informed me earlier. Don’t worry. All of the information has been kept confidential, you can trust me.” She smiled. There’s something about her smile that made Kwangmin flinched. She was obviously flirting with him.

“O...kay.” Kwangmin said. "And may I know, why is everybody greeting me? And I mean it, everybody."

"Mr. Youngmin always greets all the staffs here. He is really a nice person, that's why everybody respects him." she answered. "Now, will you follow me? I’ll show you Mr. Donghyun’s office.”

Kwangmin just followed her when she didn’t even have to show him where Donghyun’s office is because it was obviously at the end of the hallway. There were no other doors except for his brother’s office and Donghyun’s office at the hallway. He scoffed by the secretary’s silly act.

 

‘Here we are. Umm... Mr Kwangmin, if there is anything that I can help you with, I’m always right there.” She gestured at her desk and stared into Kwangmin’s eyes.

 

“Yea.” Kwangmin answered uninterestedly. 'She’s beautiful, that’s a fact. She’s single. Yea, that’s a fact. She’s desperate. That’s another fact.' Kwangmin thought and chuckled to himself. He knocked on the door.

“Come in.” he heard Donghyun calmly said.

 

He entered the room and saw Donghyun got up from his seat. In the next second, Kwangmin goes “Whoa.” He looked around the room with fascination. Who would ever think that behind that old-looking door is a great office with beautiful interior design? Moral of the story? ‘Don’t judge a room by the appearance of the door.’

 

Donghyun chuckled at Kwangmin’s expression. At the corner of the room, Kwangmin could see Hyunseong was sitting on the sofa, resting on his back. His eyes were closed shut; obviously he was still sleepy because he woke up so early.

 

“You’re early.” Donghyun said.

 

“I always woke up early.” Kwangmin responded. “Unlike that guy over there.” he pointed at Hyunseong and laughed. Donghyun also laughed along.

 

“Let us sit down first.”

 

They sat down on the sofa. The sound that sofa gave off when both of them sat down startled Hyunseong. When he saw Kwangmin, his eyes opened wide. “Hyung-nim!” he exclaimed.

 

“Yes!” Kwangmin answered and laughed at Hyunseong’s expression. “I’ll find you a place soon, somewhere nicer and nearby the restaurant.” Kwangmin smiled.

 

“Ne, hyung-nim.”

 

“So, what happened on the project actually?” Kwangmin turned his focus to Donghyun.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s already under construction. Our company always hired professionals for special project like yours, so you don’t have to worry about it. The longest time they had taken for a project is a month and a half; I guess the restaurant will finish in no time.”

 

“What? They managed to finish them in such a short time? But then…won’t the quality be really bad then?” Kwangmin asked, worried about the quality of the building.

 

“No, no, no. It’s not that they finished in a short time because they are rushing to build it. You see, they are the professional ones. The pay is really expensive so few company would offer them any contract. But since this project is a special case; I’m willing to spend some money on this.” Donghyun explained and smiled at Kwangmin.

 

“Really? But, then I’ll be troubling you a lot.” Kwangmin frowned.

 

“You are not a stranger or like my other clients. Your brother has been helping me a lot in this company. Let just say, this is my way to repay him. Don’t refuse it like he always does, will you?” Donghyun looked down and sighed.

 

“Alright Donghyun but please don’t speak about him that way. He’s not dead yet.”

 

“Yea, yea. I know. So how about Jieun? Is she okay?”

 

Kwangmin flinched at the question. He was then reminded of the kiss that you gave him this morning.

 

“Err...She’s alright.” Kwangmin stuttered.

 

“What? What happened?” Donghyun asked, sensing Kwangmin’s awkwardness.

 

“Nothing much.” He responded but then “Ah, I don’t know. This is not right. Anything can happen, Donghyun-ah.” he continued.

 

“I know what you meant but we can’t do anything about it. You know how stubborn your brother is. I never think any part of this idea was right or will do any good for Jieun, and…for you.” Donghyun stressed on his last word. He is worried of Kwangmin. He might get hurt at the end of this madness.

 

“Let’s change the subject.” Kwangmin asked, wanting to erase every worries and the moody atmosphere. “Donghyun, can you help me search an apartment for Hyunseong?”

 

“He can live with me. My house is just a few blocks away from your new restaurant.”

 

“But…”

 

“Hey, I told you not to worry about it. There’s something that I benefitted from this anyway. At least I have someone to cook for me now.” He grinned.

 

Kwangmin laughed at Donghyun. He felt better now. “Is that okay for you Hyunseong?”

 

“Ne, Hyung-nim!” Hyunseong answered. Polite as he always are.

 

“I think I’ll need to hang around here for this month. At least until the construction is finish.”

 

“Hey, there’s no need for that. If Jieun asked you anything, just tell her you got some day offs from me. You might as well bring her somewhere for vacation.”

 

“Vacation? I’m struggling to endure the awkwardness at home, now you want me to have a vacation with her, where I’ll be spending my time mostly with her?”

 

“Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down. I’m not saying you really HAVE to go on a vacation with her. Do whatever you want as long as you don’t make it too obvious to her.”

 

“She’ll realize I’m different anyway. Maybe she will not know I’m not the real Youngmin but she will think that her Youngmin has changed. Believe me; she’ll get hurt sooner or later. And I hate that fact.”

 

“Then, love her.” Donghyun blurted.

 

“What?” Kwangmin raged. “Are you telling me to love my brother’s girlfriend?! And love is not that easy. If it was easy, I wouldn’t have broken up my--“ Kwangmin exclaimed but then stopped himself. He didn’t want to bring those memories back.

 

Donghyun and Hyunseong were silent. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.” Donghyun apologized.

 

“Nah, I’m just overreacting. Hey, I’ll be leaving now.”

 

Donghyun nodded. “Take care.” He said, still feeling guilty for blurting things that shouldn’t have been said.

 

“Yea, take care too. Hyunseong, I’ll be meeting you around in two weeks to discuss the interior designs. Have your rest for the meantime. We’re going to get busy when the restaurant opens later.” Kwangmin said and left. He looked down as he walked the whole time; he even ignored the pretty secretary and everyone in the office. He left the building and drove off to the market to buy the groceries.

 

                                                                                                -------------

 

‘Oppa are not back right?’ You thought as you twisted the doorknob. But as soon as you entered the living room, you could smell a sweet scent from the kitchen. A scent that makes you drools when you smell them. You went to the kitchen only to find Youngmin was cooking a delicious-looking meal.

 

“Oppa?”

 

Kwangmin flinched at your voice. He turned around and saw you, blinking your eyes.

 

“Oppa is wearing an apron?” she chuckled and laughed eventually.

 

“What?” Kwangmin asked, confused by her reaction but there’s something about her laugh make his heart felt warm. His cheeks felt hot. ‘Am I blushing?’ he thought and touched his cheek using his left hand.

 

“You look really cool.” She said but then burst out laughing. “And funny too! Hahaha!” You’re laughing so much that your eyes were wet with tears. Kwangmin couldn’t help himself and laughed too. You looked really adorable to him.

 

“Have your shower. Dinner will be ready soon.” Kwangmin said with a sweet voice. He didn’t even feel like he’s forced to say with such voice. He tilted his head, confused by his own feelings.

 

“Ne.” You answered, still laughing. You went upstairs to have your shower.

 

Kwangmin finally felt ease when you’re not there but he was also anxious to have you together with him. His mixed feelings made him confused. He was in a deep thought when suddenly he scalded his finger due to the hot pan. He cursed under his breath. He quickly washed his finger with cold water from the tap and wrapped them with a bandage. He had never made this kind of mistake in the kitchen before. Just because of a mere girl; just because his brother’s girlfriend, he had made such a silly mistake for the first time in his life. Is he falling for you? He shook the thought away and finished his cooking.

 

He served them on the dining table and put away his apron neatly.

 

“Oppa~” You called. “Wah, everything looks really delicious. This can’t be. You can cook better than me.” You pouted.

 

Kwangmin just smiled at you and gestured you to sit down. “Try them out.” he said.

 

“Ne~” you dipped the spoon into the soup and tasted on them slowly since it is very hot. “Mmm~ How did you make this? It’s rea~lly delicious!”

 

“Really? I’m glad it tasted nice.” Kwangmin said, making it’s not obvious that he can actually cook. Kwangmin also eat his portion.

 

"Oppa, what's that?" You pointed at Kwangmin's finger.

 

"Nothing, I scalded my hand just now." Kwangmin assured you.

 

"Ah, really?" you suddenly shot up from her chair and leaned over to Kwangmin. "Does it hurt?" you asked.

 

"Of course it does." Kwangmin answered. He felt a bit nervous with you being so close to him. "But, it's alright now. Don’t worry." he said.

 

"Okay..." You pouted and sat down.

 

After finishing dinner, you asked him to watch the television together. Kwangmin didn’t want to reject your offer because it will be too obvious if he kept avoiding you.

 

You sat next to each other on the couch. You were focused in watching the television while Kwangmin kept staring at you. There were no conversations at all between both of you but the atmosphere was nice. You kept watching the television, not realizing Kwangmin has been staring at you for the whole time. 

 

‘Why am I feeling like this? I feel so comfortable with her. Although my heart beats faster than it always does; that feels good too. Am I falling for you, Lee Jieun? Am I that easy?’ he thought and scoffed at his own mind. He was startled when you slowly placed your head on top of his shoulder.

 

You yawned. “Oppa, I’m sleepy…” your voice sound weaker now.

 

“N-ne?” Kwangmin responded but then you fell asleep. He couldn’t move because he didn’t want to wake you up. ‘She’s a heavy sleeper.’ He then remembered what his hyung has said about you. Kwangmin slowly move your head from his shoulder and slowly placed your head on a pillow; on his laps.

 

He scrutinized your face. Your features were exactly how his hyung described you. ‘He knows her so well… He must have been so in love.’ Kwangmin thought. A few strands of your hair fell to your face. Kwangmin slowly used his fingers and move them away and put them behind your ear. Unknowingly, he your rosy pink cheek as he stared at you. Kwangmin could hear your soft snore. He smiled and thought that you must have been really tired. Suddenly, his hand jerked and he quickly stopped your cheek. He put away his hands behind his head.

 

‘What am I doing? Damn it….' He thought. He knew he’s falling for you but he remembered that he should not fall in love with you. His mind and his heart were like North and South. In his mind, he wanted to create a clear boundary line between you and him but inside his heart, he yearned to love you.

 

‘Argh, I can’t do this.’ he cupped his face and sighed heavily.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thank you for reading.^^

Kwangmin has fell in love with Jieun. Awww, so sweet~ But remember guys, Jieun loves Youngmin and she doesn't know anything. What to do? >_<

Kekeke, I hope you've enjoy reading and look forward for next chapter.

Spread the love and God Bless <3