Chapter 14

I'll Be There

You slowly woke up from your sleep. You rubbed your eyes and turned to your right side only to see Youngmin who was still sleeping. His neck was rested on the edge of the couch. You slowly sat up, realizing that you had been sleeping on his laps for the whole night. You felt bad for him, his neck must have been hurting if he slept in such position. You shook his shoulder to wake him up.

 

“Oppa, oppa.” You said and yawned.

 

“Ne?” he answered in a husky voice. His eyelids slowly opened up. He sat up but his eyes were blinking hard, trying to wake himself up but he’s still not fully awake. “What is it?”

 

“Nothing oppa. I thought that your neck must be hurting if you keep sleeping like that.”

 

“Em…” he mumbled. “Let me sleep again for a while.” Kwangmin said and placed his head on your laps.

 

“Ah, ne~” You didn’t feel awkward because you were used to Youngmin lying down on your laps. You caressed his head and watched Youngmin slept soundly. You realized that Youngmin looked different than he used to be. ‘His jaw looked different’ you thought. ‘Hmm, he must have been losing weight’ you guessed. You glanced to the clock that hanged on the wall. It is exactly 8 o’clock. You tilted your head to the right and suddenly you gasped. Your eyes widened up.

 

“Oppa!” you exclaimed. “You’re late oppa!”

 

Kwangmin jerked and sat up straight. His head became dizzy because he abruptly sat up. “Late? Late for what?” he asked, confused.

 

“What do you mean? You’re late for work!” You yelped.

 

“Ah~” Kwangmin answered. He didn’t sound like he’s nervous at all. “I forgot to tell you that Donghyun gave me some day offs.” He chuckled.

 

“Really?” you sighed in relief.

 

Kwangmin who finally gained his consciousness became flustered. He just realized that’s he’s been sleeping on your laps. His cheeks burned. ‘Ah, what’s wrong with me’ He thought.

 

“Oppa~oppa?” You called him and waved your hand in front of his face.

 

“Yes?” Kwangmin answered and blinked his eyes.

 

“Nothing. You’ve been out of it for a while now.” You said and chuckled.

 

“It’s because you look adorable.” He said and he really meant it.

 

“No, I’m not…” You ruffled your hair and become embarrassed because of the compliment.

 

“Go and have your shower and I’ll make you breakfast.” Kwangmin said and patted your head. He couldn’t stop himself now. Because he knew, he has fallen for you completely.

 

“Ne!” you answered and ran upstairs.

 

Kwangmin got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. He smiled by himself alone in the kitchen. He couldn’t believe that he actually fell in love with you because he’s been holding himself not to fall in love after that incident. He was engrossed in his cooking when suddenly, his cellphone rang. His brother’s cellphone to be exact. He answered the phone cautiously, worried that it was someone important from his brother’s workplace. He would be in real trouble if it really was his brother’s client.

 

“H-hello?” he answered, stuttered. 

 

“Hey Kwangmin…” someone answered in a weak, husky voice.

 

“Who is this? How do you know my name?” Kwangmin asked anxiously.

 

“It’s me… Youngmin…Can’t you recognized your own brother’s voice anymore?” He weakly laughed.

 

“Hyung?!” Kwangmin exclaimed. He was too shocked because he really couldn’t recognize his brother’s voice anymore. His voice sounded so weak. ‘What had happened to him?’ he thought nervously.

 

“How are you? Jieun? She’s doing fine, right?” Youngmin continued and then coughed.

 

“She’s fine hyung, and so do I. What happened to you?” Kwangmin said and tears welled up at the corner of his eyes.

 

Youngmin chuckled weakly. He obviously sounded like he’s worn out. “Nothing… It’s just the treatment. You probably will laugh if you saw me. I look like someone who’s going to army.” He laughed, trying to make it sound like a joke.

 

Because Youngmin was having such a hard time made Kwangmin burst into tears. He felt it’s unfair that he got to spend time with you, a girl that both of them love while his hyung had to fight for his life.

 

“Ya…Don’t cry…I’m okay.” Youngmin sobbed.

 

Kwangmin quickly wiped his tears away when he heard your footsteps running down the stairs.

 

“Hyung, I have to go. Jieun is coming down. Please--” he hesitated and continued again, “--keep holding on.” Kwangmin hung up the phone. He let out a sigh of frustration quietly and suddenly he felt your arms wrapped around his neck.

 

“Is it done?” you said cheerfully.

 

“Nope, just a little bit more.” Kwangmin answered, his eyes were still wet from the tears but you couldn’t see them. He blinked his eyes, hoping that it would dry up after he finished cooking.

 

‘Hyung…’ he thought silently.

 

                                                *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

 

“Yummy!” You exclaimed and munched on your meal happily. 

 

Kwangmin just chuckled at you and continued to eat his portion as well.

 

“Oppa, how did you get so good at cooking? It’s unfair that you are better than me.” You asked, still munching on your food.

 

‘That’s because I’m a real chef’. He answered you in his own mind and just smiled at you.

 

“Oppa, do you want me to make you a cup of coffee? I just learn how to make one from Jeongmin.”

 

“Jeongmin? Who is that?” Kwangmin asked as he never heard anything about Jeongmin from his hyung.

 

“Aigoo, oppa. Have you forgotten about him? He works as a barista at my café’.”

 

“Ah, really? I didn’t remember him.” Kwangmin faked a laugh.

 

“You rarely go to the café’, that’s why you forgot about him." you rolled your eyes. "How about…you accompany me to go to the café’ today?” You pleaded with shining eyes.

 

Kwangmin just agreed with you. How could he reject your offer when he saw those eyes?

‘You must have been crazy.’ He thought again.

After finishing breakfasts, you went to the kitchen to make Kwangmin a cup of coffee. Kwangmin followed you from behind and pulled out a chair from the counter. Kwangmin watched you from your back as you made him a cup of coffee. 

 

‘How could I do this to her? She doesn’t know anything. And here I am; replacing my hyung’s place and trying my best to make her happy. One day, she will know everything…And she will hate me.’ His heart is hurting from the thought of you will hate him someday.

 

“Here, oppa~” You said sweetly and serve a cup of coffee on the table.

 

Kwangmin took a sip of the coffee and it was nice. “It’s nice.” He honestly said and smiled at you.

 

“Thank you oppa~” she said and laughed at Kwangmin.

 

“Why are you laughing?” Kwangmin asked, confused.

 

You suddenly approached him and kissed him on the lips. Kwangmin’s eyes widened because he was shocked by your sudden kiss but slowly, he closed his eyes and kissed you back.

 

Both of your heart beats became faster. You could feel your cheeks burning because you were the one who initiated the kiss. ‘Something feels different.’ You thought. You didn’t know what it is but one thing for sure, you never felt this way before.

 

Kwangmin was the first to pull away from the kiss. He faked a cough to hide away his embarrassment. “Why did you kiss me?” Kwangmin asked and ruffled his hair.

 

“There was foam on your lips so I thought…” You answered shyly. You didn’t even finish your sentence because you were too embarrassed. Both of them chuckled because it sounded like a scene from the drama. A few minutes passed and both of you didn’t say anything because both of you were awkward after the kiss.

 

“I better have my shower now.” Kwangmin finally said. You just nodded your head and watched Kwangmin as he went upstairs.

 

He closed the door and locked them up. He leaned against the door and sighed. He placed his right hand on his chest and he could feel his heart was still beating really fast and he slowly put his finger on his lips. ‘Why does she have to make everything more complicated than they are?’ he debated on his head. But he knew it was not your fault. You didn’t know anything. You kissed him because you thought he is Youngmin; and that made Kwangmin’s heart ached. He scratched his head and slowly walked to the bathroom, trying to forget everything. For now. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thank you for reading.

It's short, I know. (T-T) It's been awhile since I last updated because I am stuck with the storyline. I apologise because I'm lacking a lot in writing fanfics (T-T)

Another storyline pops into my head but I don't want to write it yet because I don't have the skills to write two fanfics in one time. LOL

Another character will be coming in the next chapter. Guess who?^^

Please subscribe and comment if you like to. 
Thank you and God Bless. :)